Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Looking at Democrat side of 2020

So supposing for a minute that impeachment works or the negativity has Trump lose the upcoming election. Supposing just for a moment that the TDS folks and kooky left (difference on this one?) have their way, what could the alternatives be?

I think realistically speaking, these are in the mix:

Hillary, if she jumped in late?
    Elizabeth Warren
    Bernie Sanders
    Pete Buttigieg

Then some longshot has beens

Joe Biden
    Kamala Harris
    Beto O'Rourke

That's about it and that's being overly generous. I really think it's already down to 2, Warren or Sanders, unless Hillary did the unthinkable.

So is Bernie going to be pushed out slowly, due to age, being an old white man & now his heart issue? I think it harms him.

So at this point, I truly think we are looking at Elizabeth Warren as the go to Democrat for 2020.

Pro's and cons? Thoughts on her as a potential CiC?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So supposing for a minute that impeachment works or the negativity has Trump lose the upcoming election. Supposing just for a moment that the TDS folks and kooky left (difference on this one?) have their way, what could the alternatives be?

I think realistically speaking, these are in the mix:

Hillary, if she jumped in late?
    Elizabeth Warren
    Bernie Sanders
    Pete Buttigieg

Then some longshot has beens

Joe Biden
    Kamala Harris
    Beto O'Rourke

That's about it and that's being overly generous. I really think it's already down to 2, Warren or Sanders, unless Hillary did the unthinkable.

So is Bernie going to be pushed out slowly, due to age, being an old white man & now his heart issue? I think it harms him.

So at this point, I truly think we are looking at Elizabeth Warren as the go to Democrat for 2020.

Pro's and cons? Thoughts on her as a potential CiC?
    Kamala Harris has NO shot, she's done, just no one has told her yet.

It will be E Warren and she's going to get smoked in the general. And mostly it's because she is less popular with blacks than David Duke.

3. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Ad Pete - who is your choice? Don't be one to wait to the last second and take 'just anyone'. Who do you support, and why? Serious question time. Let's discuss for real!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Ad Pete - who is your choice? Don't be one to wait to the last second and take 'just anyone'. Who do you support, and why? Serious question time. Let's discuss for real!
    Be real, Pete doesn't have enough convictions or integrity to actually support anyone.

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I think it'll be Warren as the nominee.

Spartacus, Buttiplug, Harris, Beta and the others have no traction and I think will drop soon. They might hold out for a VP slot, though.

Biden is dirty, and the developing story that he received $900k as a consultant from Ukraine will finish him off. He and his son are in deep kimchee and the lashing out at the NYT, of all papers, shows that they know this is a campaign killer. Especially when he's on tape bragging about shutting down that prosecutor by threatening 0bama's $1B loan. He's such a befuddled old fool.

Bernie's heart attack killed off the faint glimmer of his campaign. If he's anything like me after my heart attack, his mind will have a minor fog for upwards of a year and he was never the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with. Plus, he's a pretty old bird to suffer an event like that so I doubt he'll recover quickly anyway. His campaign has already started backing off in anticipation of a very confused and muddled showing at the next debate. It would only make sense for his opponents to hammer him on stage ASAP to finish him off before he recovers his wits and his already marginal eloquence.

Giffords seems to be the least insane of all of them, but she's going no where.

Hillary won't jump in. She wants to, but I don't think she has the appetite for yet another beating and there's still hard feelings from the Bernie supporters over that raw deal the DNC engaged in via Wasserman-Shultz.

That being said, Warren will be destroyed by Trump.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

8. Thanks STTAB, Abbey Marie, Elessar, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    And mostly it's because she is less popular with blacks than David Duke.

She's not very popular with the Injuns, either.

Her support will derive from the fact that she's not Trump. There will be a lot of TDS sufferers voting for her. We're still a year out and I'm detecting flecks of foam at the corners of mouths of a few TDS victims.

10. Thanks STTAB, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Spartacus, Buttiplug, Harris, Beta and the others have no traction and I think will drop soon. They might hold out for a VP slot, though.

Biden is dirty, and the developing story that he received $900k as a consultant from Ukraine will finish him off. He and his son are in deep kimchee and the lashing out at the NYT, of all papers, shows that they know this is a campaign killer. Especially when he's on tape bragging about shutting down that prosecutor by threatening 0bama's $1B loan. He's such a befuddled old fool.

Bernie's heart attack killed off the faint glimmer of his campaign. If he's anything like me after my heart attack, his mind will have a minor fog for upwards of a year and he was never the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with. Plus, he's a pretty old bird to suffer an event like that so I doubt he'll recover quickly anyway. His campaign has already started backing off in anticipation of a very confused and muddled showing at the next debate. It would only make sense for his opponents to hammer him on stage ASAP to finish him off before he recovers his wits and his already marginal eloquence.

Hillary won't jump in. She wants to, but I don't think she has the appetite for yet another beating and there's still hard feelings from the Bernie supporters over that raw deal the DNC engaged in via Wasserman-Shultz.

She will be destroyed by Trump in the EC. She'd win the popular vote, and on goes the merry go round.

It will be a repeat of 2016 where Middle American voters look at the choices and say well both of them actually suck, but at least Trump is genuine, that bitch over there is faker than a three dollar bill.

12. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

She's not very popular with the Injuns, either.

Her support will derive from the fact that she's not Trump. There will be a lot of TDS sufferers voting for her. We're still a year out and I'm detecting flecks of foam at the corners of mouths of a few TDS victims.
    I was posting while you posted. I think Warren would beat Trump in the popular vote.

14. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I was posting while you posted. I think Warren would beat Trump in the popular vote.

You know, I don't think she will. She's not as strong of a campaigner as Hillary, and definitely doesn't have the admittedly impressive political network or name recognition as Clinton enjoyed.

Then consider Trump is the incumbent. He's got a lot of pluses in his column.

Then you need to factor in what the democrats have been up to for the last 3 years. Only the hardcore moonbats are on board with the circus.

All Trump needs to do in the debates is bring up Kavanaugh's mistreatment to remind all moderates and his base what despicable plots the democrats enthusiastically engage in.

The effort to impeach will also destroy Warren - look at '96 when the Republicans impeached Clinton for verifiable crimes. The GOP got mauled in a historic way, and there was actually a legal & constitutional basis for that attempt. This will also be a huge factor.

I think this will be an easy win. It'll be much more vicious because the liberals are already unglued and the rest of us are sick of the bullshit, but I think Warren will be much easier to defeat then Hillary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

To be clear, I'd support any of the dem candidates that made tonight's debate over Trump. In. A. Heartbeat.

It's pretty early to single any out. I like Buttigieg the best because he's more in the center. I like Booker because he speaks with real conviction and his views on the criminal justice system. I like Warren because I think she WILL drain the swamp, but the economy will take a hit, but I will take that. Money isn't everything. We need to bring back our ally relationships and heal our domestic services which Trump has badly damaged.
    Last edited by pete311; 10-10-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    To be clear, I'd support any of the dem candidates that made tonight's debate over Trump. In. A. Heartbeat.

It's pretty early to single any out. I like Buttigieg the best because he's more in the center. I like Booker because he speaks with real conviction and his views on the criminal justice system. I like Warren because I think she WILL drain the swamp, but the economy will take a hit, but I will take that. Money isn't everything. We need to bring back our ally relationships and heal our domestic services which Trump has badly damaged.
    I'm gonna bite my tongue here. I know that was a decent post, so I'll leave it at that. I disagree fully down on the line.

Peronally, while Buttigieg is on my list, realistically speaking he is done already as well unless something magical happens for his campaign. Booker I don't care for, knowing him from being in NJ and knowing Newark too well. And I think he likes to take his Spartacus role a bit too seriously.

Warren is the leader, I think, and I do think she goes on to the general. And she may think she has dreams of draining the swamp, she better have a few thousand on her side already working in Washington now. It's a lot more to say than do. She ain't draining anything without the help and support of both the house and the senate, and even then, may need more at times. And even then, as you see, the swamp isn't too keen on being emptied. I think a lot of Washington is set in it's ways, and doesn't take kindly to folks wanting to do that draining, no matter the side making the attempt. And I think Warren is a LOT weaker than Trump when it comes to going after foes, good or bad.

I think Trump has done a shitload of good on all sides, with the MSM, lefty supporters and TDS folks and others all wanting to ignore that and make believe it never happened - but it did, and he did quite well in a lot of departments. It's been posted time and time again, lists of accomplishments and promises kept, and never does get a lot of convo going. But then folks will act later on as if we need to repair everything that Trump ruined, which is simply not the case. Well, some of it opinion of course. But some of it is also just pure numbers and facts.

Should Trump survive this clear law breaking he did, then it will be Trump and Warren in the general election, IMO.

18. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You know, I don't think she will. She's not as strong of a campaigner as Hillary, and definitely doesn't have the admittedly impressive political network or name recognition as Clinton enjoyed.

Then consider Trump is the incumbent. He's got a lot of pluses in his column.

Then you need to factor in what the democrats have been up to for the last 3 years. Only the hardcore moonbats are on board with the circus.

All Trump needs to do in the debates is bring up Kavanaugh's mistreatment to remind all moderates and his base what despicable plots the democrats enthusiastically engage in.

The effort to impeach will also destroy Warren - look at '96 when the Republicans impeached Clinton for verifiable crimes. The GOP got mauled in a historic way, and there was actually a legal & constitutional basis for that attempt. This will also be a huge factor.

I think this will be an easy win. It'll be much more vicious because the liberals are already unglued and the rest of us are sick of the bullshit, but I think Warren will be much easier to defeat then Hillary.

You underestimate the nuttiness and sheer stupidity of the heavily populated areas of this country. Big cities will go for any Democrat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I agree with almost everything here, nice analysis NT.

I think the Dem nomination is down to just Warren and Biden at this point. I don't think Joe is out for being dirty because Dem voters don't care about Dem dirtiness. Their usual tactic is just to accuse Trump of whatever crime any Dem is accused of. (and then accuse Trump of anything else they can think of, also)

Bernie was never attracting any new followers this time. He only had his 2016 followers and that never changed. The heart attack just made some of his followers realize he's done and they shifted over to Warren.

All the other have never had any traction and will drop out as soon as the money gets low.

By the way, is it just me, or does Corey Booker literally look like a shaved Bozo the Clown when he talks? I mean literally.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

21. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

J
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I agree with almost everything here, nice analysis NT.

I think the Dem nomination is down to just Warren and Biden at this point. I don't think Joe is out for being dirty because Dem voters don't care about Dem dirtiness. Their usual tactic is just to accuse Trump of whatever crime any Dem is accused of. (and then accuse Trump of anything else they can think of, also)

Bernie was never attracting any new followers this time. He only had his 2016 followers and that never changed. The heart attack just made some of his followers realize he's done and they shifted over to Warren.

All the other have never had any traction and will drop out as soon as the money gets low.

By the way, is it just me, or does Corey Booker literally look like a shaved Bozo the Clown when he talks? I mean literally.
    Shaved where?

All Trump needs to do is ask Booker T and the MGs how much got accomplished with all that Facebook $$ for education in Newark. Next.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

23. Likes NightTrain, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She will be destroyed by Trump in the EC. She'd win the popular vote, and on goes the merry go round.

It will be a repeat of 2016 where Middle American voters look at the choices and say well both of them actually suck, but at least Trump is genuine, that bitch over there is faker than a three dollar bill.

All the left has now >>> is to talk about the "popular vote"....last bit of "feel good" nonsense for them...("see...see...we should of won everybody loves us")

But really, what is their version of the "popular vote"?

**Voting Illegals from sanctuary cities,...` desperate cheating`, voting by felons and we must never forget the voting Dead..

^^This is what their "popular vote" Garbage is really about...but they think we dont
    know...but we have known about it for a long time!

"To prevent this happening again in the future all voters will be required to show an ID and take a blood test to see if they even have any blood."

http://glossynews.com/top-stories/po...zombie-voters/

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote

June 3, 2015

"As we always knew, California and American elections are filled with fraud and corruption. Thanks to a new poll, we now know that approximately 13% of illegal aliens vote. Since they are already criminals, stealing ID’s or using phony ID’s. lie to get welfare, steal jobs—why not vote as they to lose. Since they can not be deported or jailed, they have nothing to lose. Obama is protecting these law breakers."

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/cap...mit-they-vote/

25. Thanks Russ thanked this post