Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Queen Elizabeth Tells Parliament That Going Thru With BREXIT Is Her “Priority”

Imagine that, someone more interested in the will of the people! Unlike those who work against those people from the get go.

--

Queen Elizabeth Tells Parliament That Going Thru With BREXIT Is Her “Priority”

Queen Elizabeth II told Parliament that her “priority” is to honor the will of British patriots and go through with leaving the European Union.

God save the Queen!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-her-priority/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Go Liz!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

For anyone unsure - The Queens Speech at the state opening of Parliament is written for her, by the executive, she does not have a say in what she is going to say.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Go Liz!
    The funny thing is seeing the left over there acting like the same dang shithead left over here. No interest in what the people voted for. The very minute they are in office they flip the bird to what the people want and go ahead and obstruct and do things their way. There is no respecting the will of the people, only demands of others to them. From lefty leaders down on to the shitheads that follow them. And I wonder why so many in the world have no sense or no idea anymore what self responsibility means. And no self respect in the slightest either.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    For anyone unsure - The Queens Speech at the state opening of Parliament is written for her, by the executive, she does not have a say in what she is going to say.
    Says you. How about you back that up with more than just your word on it????--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Says you. How about you back that up with more than just your word on it????--Tyr
    I just looked it up, and true it is. She enters and simply reads a speech provided by the government.

But that changes nothing as to the intent of the left, and the left always ignoring the will of the people.

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Yeah says me, someone who is not ignorant of British politics
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Consider even us shoddy Americans supply links to backup what we say, then I don't blame you for expecting to see a link though. It's normal and polite action to provide such.

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Yeah says me, someone who is not ignorant of British politics
    Are you familiar enough with British politics to conclude that the Left's agenda-driven obstruction of the Will of the People, substituted brazenly and contemptuously in Parliament on an almost daily basis, is 'par for the course' where the Labour Party is concerned ?

I'm not following the current shenanigans regarding 'breakneck, 11th hour' negotiations with the EU particularly closely. There doesn't seem to be a lot of point to it. If, in fact, Boris's people DO have a deal to present to Parliament days from now, Labour's voting down of it is assured (regardless of what that deal says). Then, again, it'll all be up to the numbers game as to who and what rebels will decide to vote on, as to what'll actually transpire.

The Left are wreckers. Vandals. Parliamentary, control-freak trash .. who'll disregard anything The People want, as it suits them to.

The one really good aspect to all this is that, come election time, the voting public will make their displeasure known. Oh, yes !!
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

15. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Are you familiar enough with British politics to conclude that the Left's agenda-driven obstruction of the Will of the People, substituted brazenly and contemptuously in Parliament on an almost daily basis, is 'par for the course' where the Labour Party is concerned ?

I'm not following the current shenanigans regarding 'breakneck, 11th hour' negotiations with the EU particularly closely. There doesn't seem to be a lot of point to it. If, in fact, Boris's people DO have a deal to present to Parliament days from now, Labour's voting down of it is assured (regardless of what that deal says). Then, again, it'll all be up to the numbers game as to who and what rebels will decide to vote on, as to what'll actually transpire.

The Left are wreckers. Vandals. Parliamentary, control-freak trash .. who'll disregard anything The People want, as it suits them to.

The one really good aspect to all this is that, come election time, the voting public will make their displeasure known. Oh, yes !!
    That certainly seems what is happening over there, by what I've read over here.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Consider even us shoddy Americans supply links to backup what we say, then I don't blame you for expecting to see a link though. It's normal and polite action to provide such.
    Quite.

Noir was correct. Even so, what will be common knowledge to Brits is likely not to be, to Americans (just as there must be enormous gaps in my knowledge of American political procedures, & suchlike). Noir should've taken that into account when replying.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    That certainly seems what is happening over there, by what I've read over here.
    Yes. Labour will always find a 'reason' for refusing to cooperate with the Government (in this case, also the Will of the People) if they possibly can.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/e...ns-brexit-deal

While his opening bid in the latest phase of negotiations with the EU received cautious endorsement at home that suggested it could find the necessary support in Parliament, much will depend on the final shape of any deal.

The three main opposition parties – Labour, the Scottish National Party and Liberal Democrats – are expected to oppose it.

“I think the problem areas are of regulation and deregulation which come from whatever trade arrangement there is with Europe and the wider world but also perhaps, very seriously, the Irish border issue”, Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn told Sky News in an interview on Sunday.

“And if it creates a border down the Irish Sea rather than on the Irish border itself, I can see that bringing problems”, Corbyn said, adding that he will caution British lawmakers against backing a confirmatory referendum on a deal.
    Labour absolutely insist that if we're going to leave the EU, it must be through a deal with them. They've even legislated to make that position law. YET ... they voted down Theresa May's deal, THREE times. They're set to do the same with anything Boris can agree with the EU. So, we have Labour persisting with their imposition of total dysfunctionality of Parliament.

The British system is not at fault; it's a tried and tested one, over centuries !! No. The problem is Labour's persistent acts of vandalism against it.
    Last edited by Drummond; 10-16-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

https://order-order.com/2019/10/16/h...xit-delivered/

The biggest poll since the referendum itself, conducted for ITN by ComRes with 26,000 Britons, conclusively shows the public want Brexit sorted, with 54% of respondents saying we should support abiding by the referendum result and leave the EU. Even greater than the original 52:48 split…When ‘don’t knows’ are included, leaving still has a majority, with 50% wanting to leave (30% with a deal and 20% with no deal) versus only 42% wanting to remain. The Brexit train rolls on…

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

21. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Are you saying this is not what she wants personally? Would she read it if she didn't agree with it?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

23. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Are you saying this is not what she wants personally? Would she read it if she didn't agree with it?

Indeed... just when I think I have the barest grasp on British politics, something like this crops up and I'm completely lost again.

I kind of assumed that the Queen would have some sort of input in the business of running the government.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

25. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post