Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I'm neither a graphics artist or a tech guru. I am an owner of 5+ pcs since 1985. Dells, HP's, Compaqs. Two years ago, my latest Dell died, due to virus attack. If I was a guru, odds are I could have saved it. But I'm not, nor desire to be. So, I went shopping, madder than hell.

Bought a G5, haven't had an issue with it since. No spyware, no other ware. I sign in, and some sites off. That is my 'watch.'
    Right... cause PC's are the most used computing platform they are the biggest target for spammers and virus makers.... none of them care about the MAC as going after such a puny amount of users wouldn't make any headlines....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Right... cause PC's are the most used computing platform they are the biggest target for spammers and virus makers.... none of them care about the MAC as going after such a puny amount of users wouldn't make any headlines....
    I'm sure you're right. My post should have read '95, not '85. Most people are not tech heads, most don't want viruses. Thus they should look at how to avoid.

On the other hand, those like Cp, well they need and know the risk of day to day pc usage. Not a problem for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure you're right. My post should have read '95, not '85. Most people are not tech heads, most don't want viruses. Thus they should look at how to avoid.

On the other hand, those like Cp, well they need and know the risk of day to day pc usage. Not a problem for them.
    Actually - I have no risk....

But thanks for the concern....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Actually - I have no risk....

But thanks for the concern....
    That WAS my point, you know what to install to prevent $3-7k to becoming junk, many don't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That WAS my point, you know what to install to prevent $3-7k to becoming junk, many don't.
    Actually, I don't have to install anything....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Standard cliche answer from a Bill Gates fan........ What a load. Why wouldn't an asshole pc hack come up with a virus for MACs just to shut up all of the jerks like me? You are more pathetic than I thought and sure, VISTA IS JUST FINE. Just like everything else Microsoft....not a shred of creativity or originality...... what next, gonna bring back gray box enclosures?
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Standard cliche answer from a Bill Gates fan twat........ What a load. Why wouldn't an asshole pc hack come up with a virus for MACs just to shut up all of the jerks like me? You are more pathetic than I thought and sure, VISTA IS JUST FINE. Just like everything else Microsoft....not a shred of creativity or originality...... what next, gonna bring back gray box enclosures?
    What's your problem man? Do you purposely try and incite flames?

Have you ever ran Vista? You have no idea who you're talking to - you know nothing about me, my background with computers or anything yet you revert to name-calling, second-guessing someone who's actually RAN Vista since beta and basically being a total jerk to me - completely unwarranted...

That's pretty pathetic Sitarro...

Why wouldn't an asshole pc hack come up with a virus for MACs just to shut up all of the jerks like me?
    Microsoft has the business world locked into their products. Many viruses are made to target businesses, so that’s the software you want to exploit. Microsoft Windows is less secure out of the box than the Apple OS, it can be secured very well, but most people don’t know how to do it, and because of that, they are more vulnerable. So yes, there are more viruses.

Here's some good reading for you sitarro:
    Vista more secure than Mac OS X 10.4
    http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/visualbas...os-x-104-16030
    Last edited by -Cp; 09-07-2007 at 12:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What's your problem man? Do you purposely try and incite flames?
    Yea, I live for it. I have noticed with both of you that you feel it is just fine to insult or what you might call "flame" me..... how silly for you to accuse me of what you do.

Have you ever ran Vista? You have no idea who you're talking to - you know nothing about me, my background with computers or anything yet you revert to name-calling, second-guessing someone who's actually RAN Vista since beta and basically being a total jerk to me - completely unwarranted...

That's pretty pathetic Sitarro...
    It is difficult to actually find someone that is using it, kind of like looking for someone using a Zune(another pathetic and blatant copy of an Apple product by Microsoft).
    I've watched it in what I guess you would call action while the friend that was trying to use it yelled explitives at his poor HP laptop, how funny that the HP gets the blame when it's the lack of a decent operating system. It is a joke that took the dimwits at Microsoft 5 years and numerous names to create. It is full of blatant ripoffs from OS10 and now your fanboy wants to compare it tp 10.4. it was just released, I would hope it out performs a revision that is over two years old. Will the twerp in the article do a more fair comparison with Leopard? I have a problem with an adult that uses a childish term such as PWND, he lost my interest in his bullshit early.

Microsoft has the business world locked into their products. Many viruses are made to target businesses, so that’s the software you want to exploit. Microsoft Windows is less secure out of the box than the Apple OS, it can be secured very well, but most people don’t know how to do it, and because of that, they are more vulnerable. So yes, there are more viruses.

Gee that was tuff, offer cheap products and the zeroes of the business world come running. I wonder just how many PCs are never turned on. This is like arguing with someone about the Bible, you have all of the supplied, rehearsed answers that I have heard plenty of times before. The fact remains, as many assholes out there that hate Apple and none of them want to shut up Steve Jobs and all of the MAC users that go day after day with no worries about bullshit viruses. I have no virus protection and download and open everything. not a hiccup and yet your brother in law's great bunch of graphic artists can't keep their MACs running properly. I'm guessing that lame ass video you posted was some of their work. Before you give me shit about flaming an inept graphics company, reread the insult you provided for my friend who can no doubt out illustrate your brother in law in his sleep after drinking a bottle of Patron.

Here's some good reading for you sitarro:
    Vista more secure than Mac OS X 10.4
    http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/visualbas...os-x-104-16030
    Cute fan site....... I bet Gates gave this clown a big lollipop for that poorly written advertisement. Now run over and critique my Twin Tower photos, I value your opinion so much.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

-Cp is showing facts - Sitarro is doing nothing but repeatedly proclaiming his hatred of Microsoft
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cute fan site....... I bet Gates gave this clown a big lollipop for that poorly written advertisement. Now run over and critique my Twin Tower photos, I value your opinion so much.

Okay.. how about the SAME STORY on MACWORLD's website?

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/04...zovi/index.php

You would've seen that "lollipop fan"'s link to the Macworld article had you actually taken the time to READ it....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The primary choice in Graphic Design:

http://www.designtalkboard.com/tools/macpc.php

I guess I better write back to this company and let them know that the MAC isn't the primary choice of "graphic designers''.
    Last edited by Sitarro; 10-21-2008 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Ya know, I was rereading that cute little article that was supplied at the beginning of the thread........

"Despite this, it is important to acknowledge that most print-based graphic designers still use Apple Macs and many graphic artists and pre-press bureaus still prefer dealing with documents created on the Macintosh platform. It is also generally accepted that color calibration is more reliable on the Macintosh platform.

How could this be true? Cp's Brother-in-Law can't figure out how to keep a MAC running, how can [U]most[/U ]print based graphic designers use them?

I'm perplexed? I wonder why all of the printing companoes I have dealt with, including the one I worked for years ago, just don't get it...... all are using MACs for their pre-press work. The secrestaries do use their PCs for writing letters and answering e-mails(bitching constantly about needing an IT guy to fix their shitty computer) but where the actual work gets done, all MACs. They are all so behind the times!

Windows Vista

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    -Cp is showing facts - Sitarro is doing nothing but repeatedly proclaiming his hatred of Microsoft
    I'm not sticking up for Sitarro or Jobs or against or for Gates. I stated what happened to me. Cp flamed me, though I didn't respond. Didn't see anyone chiming in to call him on that. Which is all fine and good. I was only trying to put forward my experience, including limitations of my own capabilities. Many others have the same. Like Cp said, he needs no extras on PC to prevent 'attacks', many do. As he said, the 'attackers' go after PC's, not so much apples.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cp flamed me,
    ???????????????????????

Got a link? Or am I just old, forgetful and blind?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Sure, started at 16 and continued. I'm not saying you were way out of line, just had your pov and went out of bounds in slamming my abilities vs yours. IMO, that is a no contest. I'm a turn the key and go kind of user, you are more a mechanic, maybe not your job, but you at least know how to change the oil.