Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MAC - the computer which once was........

The primary choice in Graphic Design:

http://www.designtalkboard.com/tools/macpc.php

Last edited by Jon; 09-06-2007 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm about to buy a Macbook to replace my Sony Vaio that was stolen. Everyone I know who has made the switch from PC to Mac says they love it and haven't looked back. Any opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    I'm about to buy a Macbook to replace my Sony Vaio that was stolen. Everyone I know who has made the switch from PC to Mac says they love it and haven't looked back. Any opinions?
    Here's a video which may help your decision:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxHwu5aD41k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxHwu5aD41k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Duh CP your a fucking moron and so were the makers of that video.

It did no comparison what so ever on the actual format of computing. The computer is cheaper. Not the format of computing.

That is the most important area of comparisons that that shitty little video failed to make.

The Mac computing format out does Windows by far. It's set up much better, easier to use, and is hands down the best for making videos and multi-media projects.

Also, who gives a shit about fucking CNET free downloads? I don't ever use that bull shit and I have Windows. Just a bunch of shitty games..Wooaahh!!

The things that really matter, like Microsoft office, internet browsers, and media platforms are all the best on Macs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obama08 View Post
    Duh CP your a fucking moron
    Was that really necessary? Do I need to link you to dmp's last announcement about personal attacks? And in the computer section no less?

You can do better than that.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Was that really necessary? Do I need to link you to dmp's last announcement about personal attacks? And in the computer section no less?

You can do better than that.
    Yeah.. he also neg reps me for that? Jeez....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Duh CP your a fucking moron and so were the makers of that video.
    What's your problem?

It did no comparison what so ever on the actual format of computing. The computer is cheaper. Not the format of computing.
    "The format of computing" - that statement makes no sense.

The Mac computing format out does Windows by far. It's set up much better, easier to use, and is hands down the best for making videos and multi-media projects.
    I guess that's why Apple has less than 10-percent of the market eh?

Also, who gives a shit about fucking CNET free downloads? I don't ever use that bull shit and I have Windows. Just a bunch of shitty games..Wooaahh!!
    The video was just pointing out the amount of software for the PC vs. Mac.

The things that really matter, like Microsoft office, internet browsers, and media platforms are all the best on Macs.
    Again, that's why 99% of the business world uses those apps on the PC I guess eh? I'm sure you know more than they do...
    Last edited by -Cp; 09-06-2007 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...............

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    What's your problem?

"The format of computing" - that statement makes no sense.

I guess that's why Apple has less than 10-percent of the market eh?

The video was just pointing out the amount of software for the PC vs. Mac.

Again, that's why 99% of the business world uses those apps on the PC I guess eh? I'm sure you know more than they do...
    I am no fan of Apple at all but Apple was a big company until Bill Gates screwed them over and stole their windows design. I have heard that Apple makes a superior unit when it comes to Graphic Design applications and video making but I have never compaired them so I don't know for sure.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Here's a video which may help your decision:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxHwu5aD41k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cxHwu5aD41k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    Great video, obviously not done on a MAC using Final Cut Pro. How typically amateurish and child like, bet you didn't even notice how extraordinarily weak it was..... I don't expect excellence or the appreciation of it from pc users, they have always been the type that say...."that's good enough". And how about the dork narrator, he has to be a pc clown. But good try, it makes my case.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    Great video, obviously not done on a MAC using Final Cut Pro. How typically amateurish and child like, bet you didn't even notice how extraordinarily weak it was..... I don't expect excellence or the appreciation of it from pc users, they have always been the type that say...."that's good enough". And how about the dork narrator, he has to be a pc clown. But good try, it makes my case.
    YOU, are a PC user:

Personal Computer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey all, new member, first reply...

As a non bias observer I think Cp is the jerk for putting that stupid video to anoy all the mac users. The video was BS.
    Last edited by Pepper; 12-04-2007 at 03:59 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Hey all new member first reply...

As a non bias observer I think Cp is the jerk for putting that stupid video to anoy all the mac users. The video was BS.
    To be fair, I am sure I deserve at least 50 percent blame for the way this thread progressed(digressed?).I was in a particularly disagreeable mood for a few days there.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No problem Sitarro. Hey, cool name.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    A few years ago I bought a digital camera. After taking some pictures I hooked it up to the MAC with the USB Cord. A few seconds later there were the pictures in a folder on the desktop. A program had opened up and said hey what would you like to do down load these photos and I clicked yes. I tried the same thing with my Compaq laptop and nothing. I then found the disk that came with the camera and install the windows drivers to make usb work with camera. After 24 hours of screwing around with PC I never could get it to recognize camera. End of story. To answer your question if you have no reason to own a windows computer than don't. The MACs are great for every day use such as email, internet browsing, graphics,sound pictures and video. If your company uses Office products(word, excel powerpoint) then buy office for the mac and you can look at that stuff. With the new intel chip macs you could even boot up with a regular copy of windows with boot camp or parallells. I have this to view CBT programs from work but its rare and can't wait to get back to mac side. Unless you are a die hard windows person, there is becoming less and less reason to own a dell,hp these are dying breads. Apple stock is up over 500% in the last three years as people are coming to the reality that I don't want to be an IT guy to use my computer. I just want it to work...Yeh there is still those Father and sons that use to work on cars on saturday till the car companies started putting plastic covers over the engines to keep them out. Where did they go? To fry's, comp usa, lets buy a box and build a pc computer son and play games. After a week on the internet and it crashes from a virus, halaloua son we get rebuild the computer this week end.
    Last edited by Pepper; 12-04-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    A few years ago I bought a digital camera. After taking some pictures I hooked it up to the MAC with the USB Cord. A few seconds later there were the pictures in a folder on the desktop. A program had opened up and said hey what would you like to do down load these photos and I clicked yes. I tried the same thing with my Compaq laptop and nothing. I then found the disk that came with the camera and install the windows drivers to make usb work with camera. After 24 hours of screwing around with PC I never could get it to recognize camera. End of story. To answer your question if you have no reason to own a windows computer than don't. The MACs are great for every day use such as email, internet browsing, graphics,sound pictures and video. If your company uses Office products(word, excel powerpoint) then buy office for the mac and you can look at that stuff. With the new intel chip macs you could even boot up with a regular copy of windows with boot camp or parallells. I have this to view CBT programs from work but its rare and can't wait to get back to mac side. Unless you are a die hard windows person, there is becoming less and less reason to own a dell,hp these are dying breads. Apple stock is up over 500% in the last three years as people are coming to the reality that I don't want to be an IT guy to use my computer. I just want it to work...Yeh there is still those Father and sons that use to work on cars on saturday till the car companies started putting plastic covers over the engines to keep them out. Where did they go? To fry's, comp usa, lets buy a box and build a pc computer son and play games. After a week on the internet and it crashes from a virus, halaloua son we get rebuild the computer this week end.
    I like my macbook