Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Mick Mulvaney: ‘We Held Up the Money’ for Ukraine Investigation into DNC Server

Once again, CNN hears and edits things to what they want to hear and say. Pathetic little buggers.

--

Mick Mulvaney: ‘We Held Up the Money’ for Ukraine Investigation into DNC Server

White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney confirmed that President Donald Trump wanted Ukraine to cooperate with an investigation into attempts to meddle in the 2016 election before giving the country lethal military aid.
    “Did he also mention to me in past the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely,” Mulvaney said. “No question about that. But that’s it, and that’s why we held up the money.”

Mulvaney said that Trump was concerned about corruption in Ukraine, including its efforts in the 2016 election.

“The look-back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation,” Mulvaney said. “And that is absolutely appropriate.”

Democrats immediately jumped on Mulvaney’s statement, declaring that it was proof that the president had a “quid pro quo” agreement with the foreign aid.

“We do that all the time with foreign policy,” he said, referring to requirements for foreign aid before it was released.

“I have news for everybody, get over it. There’s going to be political influence in foreign policy,” Mulvaney said.

He said that the investigation into the 2016 election was an ongoing Justice Department investigation and “completely legitimate.”

“The money that was held up had nothing to do with Biden,” Mulvaney said, referring to the former Vice President Joe Biden.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...to-dnc-server/

CNN Falsely Claims White House ‘Admits to Quid Pro Quo’ with Ukraine

CNN claimed Thursday that the White House “admits to quid pro quo with Ukraine.”

That appeared to be the opposite, in fact, of what happened during a press conference with acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney.

Mulvaney told reporters that there had been no quid pro quo, as described by those pursuing his impeachment — that President Donald Trump had not withheld aid from Ukraine until it agreed to investigate his potential 2020 presidential rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.

What Mulvaney actually said was that the Trump administration had initially withheld funding from Ukraine for a variety of reasons, including the fact that Europe was not providing enough funding for military aid. Another reason, he said, was suspicion of past corruption in Ukraine — which included Ukraine’s possible role in interfering in the 2016 presidential election, including its possible possession of a Democratic National Committee server.

Mulvaney said: “The look back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the things [President Trump] was worried about in corruption with that nation. That is absolutely appropriate.”

When a reporter said that was a “quid pro quo,” Mulvaney objected that it was routine for the U.S. to withhold funding from foreign nations all the time. He gave an example from this week: the U.S. had withheld aid from the “Northern Triangle” nations — El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala — until they agreed to help stop migration.

Mulvaney later added: “The money held up had absolutely nothing to do with Biden.”

When another reporter used the term “quid pro quo,” Mulvaney objected:

Those are the terms you use. Go look at what [U.S. Ambassador to the European Union] Gordon Sondland said today in his testimony — was that, I think, in his opening statement — he said something along the lines of, they were trying to get the “deliverable,” and the deliverable was a statement by the Ukraine about how they were going to deal with corruption. Okay? Go read his testimony, if you haven’t already. And what he says, and he’s right, that’s absolutely ordinary course of business. This is what you do. When you have someone come to the White House — when you either arrange a visit for the president, you have a phone call with the president — a lot of times we use that as the opportunity to get them to make a statement of their policy, or to announce something that they are going to do. It’s one of the reasons you can sort of announce that on the phone call or at the meeting. This is the ordinary course of foreign policy.
    Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/...-quid-pro-quo/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I wish that Trump would have actually just been honest and came out and said

"what in the fuck are you people babbling about, the ENTIRE point of foreign aid is to entice other countries to do what we want them to do, and yes I want Ukraine to investigate corruption involving Americans"

instead of pretending like the foreign aid was a completely separate issue

I mean Demodumbdumbs were going to crucify him either way.

Well, that's not entirely true, what I really wish was that he would at some point figure out the fucking game and start having his subordinates make these demands rather than doing it himself.

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I will say again, if all this was coming from Obama or his admin, you all would be losing your minds. This is not normal or functional.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh no, the 674th smoking gun!

Liberal Media Falsely Claims White House Admitted to Quid Pro Quo with Ukraine

If you were watching CNN or other liberal media outlets Thursday afternoon, you might have heard the bizarre claim that the White House has admitted to a quid pro quo with Ukraine. CNN even had a breaking news banner saying as much:

This is fake news. What CNN and other liberal media outlets are editorializing about is acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's statement during a press briefing about the withholding of military aid to Ukraine. “The money held up had absolutely nothing to do with Biden,” Mulvaney said. He pointed out that Trump wanted Ukraine's help with “an ongoing investigation into the 2016 election” involving the hacking of the Democratic National Committee's server, which was believed to have been hacked by Russian agents and ultimately ended up in Ukraine.

Did Mulvaney ever use the term quid pro quo or admit to one? Nope. Here's how CNBC described the exchange:

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/fake-ne...-with-ukraine/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Don't be a child, no one explicitly uses the term quid pro quo. Mulvany was a dumpster fire and the only ones defending it are the hardened sycophants. Even Trump's lawyers are distancing themselves from Mulvany.
    Last edited by pete311; 10-17-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I will say again, if all this was coming from Obama or his admin, you all would be losing your minds. This is not normal or functional.
    What part? Investigations with other countries? Holding up funding for various reasons? Or solely because it's Biden and you think it somehow equates to election interference? Can you cite the ultimate law/charges that it will be when brought to the Senate? The criminal code?

If Obama, I would want to know why he was investigating and why any funding was held up. Would I be more cautious in believing Obama? Of course I would. But if he had someone prior dead to rights in corruption and was having it investigated, that's a tough hurdle. In order to convict Obama or blame him directly would be to find direct quid pro quo from him. Under the same circumstances I don't see it, it's just not there.

Not liking Obama and maybe seeing things differently with him in charge wouldn't change the underlying facts. Biden is dead guilty here and Trump was having that and then some appropriately investigated. A candidate running for office doesn't get a pass on corruption charges just because they are running. So the investigation is nothing. And then there's none of the quid pro quo. So, in a courts view on things, they won't have much to begin with and the facts won't warrant a slap on the wrist let alone removal from office.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

You have obviously not been paying attention.

Are those custom made blinders you wear?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It IS normal, and it IS functional. The entire point of foreign aid is paying other countries to do what we want them to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Don't be a child, no one explicitly uses the term quid pro quo. Mulvany was a dumpster fire and the only ones defending it are the hardened sycophants. Even Trump's lawyers are distancing themselves from Mulvany.
    Too bad the hardened sycophants don't carry press ID cards from the LA Times, then they could have written something like this from 9/7/16 without judgement or concern:

The $1.7 billion was the settlement of a decades-old arbitration claim between the U.S. and Iran. An initial $400 million of euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currency was delivered on pallets Jan. 17, the same day Tehran agreed to release four American prisoners.
    The Obama administration had claimed the events were separate, but recently acknowledged the cash was used as leverage until the Americans were allowed to leave Iran. The remaining $1.3 billion represented estimated interest on the Iranian cash the U.S. had held since the 1970s. The administration had previously declined to say if the interest was delivered to Iran in physical cash, as with the principal, or via a more regular banking mechanism.

13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What part? Investigations with other countries? Holding up funding for various reasons? Or solely because it's Biden and you think it somehow equates to election interference? Can you cite the ultimate law/charges that it will be when brought to the Senate? The criminal code?

If Obama, I would want to know why he was investigating and why any funding was held up. Would I be more cautious in believing Obama? Of course I would. But if he had someone prior dead to rights in corruption and was having it investigated, that's a tough hurdle. In order to convict Obama or blame him directly would be to find direct quid pro quo from him. Under the same circumstances I don't see it, it's just not there.

Not liking Obama and maybe seeing things differently with him in charge wouldn't change the underlying facts. Biden is dead guilty here and Trump was having that and then some appropriately investigated. A candidate running for office doesn't get a pass on corruption charges just because they are running. So the investigation is nothing. And then there's none of the quid pro quo. So, in a courts view on things, they won't have much to begin with and the facts won't warrant a slap on the wrist let alone removal from office.
    ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    It IS normal, and it IS functional. The entire point of foreign aid is paying other countries to do what we want them to do.
    For national interest, not in the interest of re-electing Trump. Get the difference!?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

For national interest, not in the interest of re-electing Trump. Get the difference!?

That you and others who hate Trump and put that before all else scream that investigating corruption that may have possibly involved a former VP sn't a matter of national interest doesn't make it so. NO ONE is above the law, that includes people who are running against Donald Trump.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    That you and others who hate Trump and put that before all else scream that investigating corruption that may have possibly involved a former VP sn't a matter of national interest doesn't make it so. NO ONE is above the law, that includes people who are running against Donald Trump.
    Cool, what is the crime?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Cool, what is the crime?
    You are such an expert, you tell us.

....and please offer the Statutes in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations which is U.S. Law, those that were violated.

Bet you cannot do that!
    Last edited by Elessar; 10-18-2019 at 06:52 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    You are such an expert, you tell us.

....and please offer the Statutes in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations which is U.S. Law, those that were violated.

Bet you cannot do that!
    huh? You're the ones making the claim what Hunter Biden did was illegal. Why would I support that?
    Last edited by pete311; 10-19-2019 at 08:22 AM.