Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    What's a good drink recommendation when one needs a quick fix to drunkland? And which 2 teams will be in the superbowl this year?

Thx in advance my friend!!

I have a bottle of 1792 Single Barrel that does the trick quite nicely.

Texans & 49ers.

Okay... Patriots and 49ers.
    Last edited by hjmick; 11-05-2019 at 08:40 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I have a bottle of 1792 Single Barrel tat does the trick quite nicely.

Texans & 49ers.

Okay... Patriots and 49ers.
    Alrighty, great recommendation....

And at first you had me with the Texans and Niners!! But seriously, this "may" be a lucky year for them! NE only now has the one loss, but something feels off. KC is great but they need Mahomes back, one of my favorites to go. And then of course you have Baltimore and the Texans this year in the mix! AFC speaking anyway. And while I agree with the Niners from the NFC, don't forget about Brees and NO! What I DO know for sure, is that the Steelers ain't in any of my bets!! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes hjmick, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Alrighty, great recommendation....

And at first you had me with the Texans and Niners!! But seriously, this "may" be a lucky year for them! NE only now has the one loss, but something feels off. KC is great but they need Mahomes back, one of my favorites to go. And then of course you have Baltimore and the Texans this year in the mix! AFC speaking anyway. And while I agree with the Niners from the NFC, don't forget about Brees and NO! What I DO know for sure, is that the Steelers ain't in any of my bets!! LOL

Hopefully the Pats loss to the Ravens is a harbinger of things to come for them...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

6. Likes Abbey Marie, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Yeah, any claims that this is the worst board as far as personal insults or what have you , are just completely baseless.

@Noir. I should tell some stories of the way USMB has treated me over the years. Starting with a poster named Syrenn being allowed to tell the entire board that I was sending her nasty PMs , and then after numerous complaints from me I simply posted on the open board "If Syrenn has any nasty PMs from me to her, she has my permission to post them publicly" which completely followed the rules, to which a then administrator posted. YOU don't have the right to give permission to post any PMs and also you're banned for discussing PMs" LOL
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Wow. Seriously, even just scrolling comments on YAHOO or FB will instantly yield vicious comments. Sassy and I were once on a board about a simple TV program that had tons more personal insults than here. And it wasn’t even a political board. And the last time I looked at USMB it was a free-for-all of bad stuff.
    Those women were vicious. Makes the guys here look like toddlers when it comes to insults.

I still think that's where Code Pink started.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Thanks Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Gunny remembers . Asshole lol

I remember when that Jbeukemia or whatever his name was hacked the place , he made me a mod. The only thing I did was go in and read the mod board. Found a thread with Gunny just chewing ass about mods and even a couple of admins just repeatedly infracting me and banning me for things that weren't against the rules and he was sick of having to reverse them constantly.

It happened ALL the time. Still does all these years later, they ban anyone who even think might be STTAB. Funniest thing is I never received even a warning for any posts made outside of the Flame Zone, allegedly the least moderated forum on the site.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Gunny remembers . Asshole lol

I remember when that Jbeukemia or whatever his name was hacked the place , he made me a mod. The only thing I did was go in and read the mod board. Found a thread with Gunny just chewing ass about mods and even a couple of admins just repeatedly infracting me and banning me for things that weren't against the rules and he was sick of having to reverse them constantly.

It happened ALL the time. Still does all these years later, they ban anyone who even think might be STTAB. Funniest thing is I never received even a warning for any posts made outside of the Flame Zone, allegedly the least moderated forum on the site.
    About 4-5 years ago they let me back on. You'd have thought I was THE single, leading cause of strokes

I honestly couldn't deal with the place and the people on it. I DID notice the "Biddy Committee" clique. Actually, there were two. At war with one another But I felt my IQ go down each time I logged on until I just stuck to posting here.

I was going to stay out of this but I believe I mentioned Noir's ilk earlier in the thread and Lo! and behold! he has to prove me right. He makes a statement as some kind of authority on boards and when asked to back it up what does he do? "Jim unfriended me on facebook .' for real. Not THAT Don't have to wonder why I'm tossing an insult. I really can't see way around it in this for instance

As political boards go, this is the tamest one I have seen and as most know, I've been around the block a time or two. If one wants "more tame" there's probably a dictionary board out there somewhere. Probably fighting going in on it too.

I'm fine-n-dandy here. I'll worry about more people next year
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

About 4-5 years ago they let me back on. You'd have thought I was THE single, leading cause of strokes

I honestly couldn't deal with the place and the people on it. I DID notice the "Biddy Committee" clique. Actually, there were two. At war with one another But I felt my IQ go down each time I logged on until I just stuck to posting here.

I was going to stay out of this but I believe I mentioned Noir's ilk earlier in the thread and Lo! and behold! he has to prove me right. He makes a statement as some kind of authority on boards and when asked to back it up what does he do? "Jim unfriended me on facebook .' for real. Not THAT Don't have to wonder why I'm tossing an insult. I really can't see way around it in this for instance

As political boards go, this is the tamest one I have seen and as most know, I've been around the block a time or two. If one wants "more tame" there's probably a dictionary board out there somewhere. Probably fighting going in on it too.

Last summer, or maybe the year before that time has gotten away from me abut 100 of my posting friends on my Hog board decided it would be funny to bombard USMB with posters pretending to be me. It was pretty hilarious watching FailCalTen try to ban every incarnation of who they thought was me. Not that any of them were breaking any rules. Mostly just went into the Flame Zone and flamed the fuck out of everyone in a style similar to mine. For months they chased every single poster around the FZ banning and banning , some of my buds created 10 or more accounts. Every time they would ban one, somoene would just come back in with a new "hey it's me STTAB" account. They eventually changed the rules so that you had to have 100 posts to post in the FZ , but it only stopped because football season started and people were bored with toying with those morons.

As I said the most hilarious part is that the majority of posters in the "upstairs forums " are far nastier than anything I ever did in the FZ.

That being said, can you imagine how Noir would react to a run in with some of the "biddy committee" from USMB's past? LOL

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I know/knew and still know that we aren't the worst board out there, some form of abusing folks. All the words of folks and the lack of backing up, shows the BS it was to begin with.

Again, still small, and would love to see us grow, more equal. It's not even about money, as I'm more than willing to advertise or do whatever it takes to make that happen! So if anyone knows of any methods or places to advertise or anything like that, just lemme know and I'll pay if it looks promising. But not all boards are destined to grow. A couple of REALLY large boards out there, then a bunch of medium sized but still get a lot of posts! Then there are the smaller boards, of which we are. But compared to any of them, we are one of the tamest. And if compared to others in similar size, most at that size die out pretty quickly. We've been able to sustain at a tiny size. What we kept going here is all the friends, basically. I'd like to think so anyway!! A cool little community where pretty much everyone knows one another. And a lot of folks that come and go, are often of the type that don't really want to be a part of the community as much as the rest of us. Not everyone mind you, but some of them. I truly think it makes a difference. And whether someone is on the left or right usually doesn't matter as much if when folks know one another better. Ok, a little rambling.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Last summer, or maybe the year before that time has gotten away from me abut 100 of my posting friends on my Hog board decided it would be funny to bombard USMB with posters pretending to be me. It was pretty hilarious watching FailCalTen try to ban every incarnation of who they thought was me. Not that any of them were breaking any rules. Mostly just went into the Flame Zone and flamed the fuck out of everyone in a style similar to mine. For months they chased every single poster around the FZ banning and banning , some of my buds created 10 or more accounts. Every time they would ban one, somoene would just come back in with a new "hey it's me STTAB" account. They eventually changed the rules so that you had to have 100 posts to post in the FZ , but it only stopped because football season started and people were bored with toying with those morons.

As I said the most hilarious part is that the majority of posters in the "upstairs forums " are far nastier than anything I ever did in the FZ.

That being said, can you imagine how Noir would react to a run in with some of the "biddy committee" from USMB's past? LOL
    This is kind of a perfect example. I created the Flame Zone so people with that idea in mind would have a place to flame people instead of being banned for doing it on the general board. Last I saw however, the whole entire board should be in the Flame. And Don't they have like 3 "Flame Zones"? You know ... like Flame Zone, Worst and Worstest?

I was most amused by those who I had no idea who they were and they didn't know me all kinds of willing to tell me all about me. I've never seen so many "experts on Gunny" in my life

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

This is kind of a perfect example. I created the Flame Zone so people with that idea in mind would have a place to flame people instead of being banned for doing it on the general board. Last I saw however, the whole entire board should be in the Flame. And Don't they have like 3 "Flame Zones"? You know ... like Flame Zone, Worst and Worstest?

I was most amused by those who I had no idea who they were and they didn't know me all kinds of willing to tell me all about me. I've never seen so many "experts on Gunny" in my life
    As I said and STTAB's post pointed out, but USMB and JPP are overrun with socks. I don't care for that. It's a preference, but like Jim said, mostly I like or dislike folks for what I can figure out. Multiple personalities isn't my thing. History, not psych.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes they have flame zone, badlands, and rubber room. I don't know what the point of that is.

Gunny last time I was there for any real extent I swear to you one poster turned me for flaming family b/c I made fun of her for still being upset about her goddamned cat dying ten years previous and another poster reported Manifold numerous times until they finally banned him for calling the guy a son of a bitch, claiming that was also an attack on the guy's mom. They have turned the flame zone into snow flake zone. I mean we tried to explain "why would you come down into the zone specifically created to troll the fuck out of everyone in it and then complain about being trolled?" but the new moderation team preferred to change the rules and ban anyone who thought differently.

I wish Manifold was posting here, and Catz too. She may have been after your time, but she was one cold bitch LOL

PS - I hear you on the people who didn't even know you talking shit about you too LOL last time I was there Paulie asked the mods in the FZ if any of them even knew the original reason I was banned on the board and not one of them could answer because it was so damn long ago none of them were even posting then and had no idea who I was except to know that they hated me and didn't want me on the board.

Except that **** Kat, she knew me, as in we were yahoo messenger friends until she decided she could get some bonus points by joining the biddy club against me LOL
    Last edited by STTAB; 11-06-2019 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    As I said and STTAB's post pointed out, but USMB and JPP are overrun with socks. I don't care for that. It's a preference, but like Jim said, mostly I like or dislike folks for what I can figure out. Multiple personalities isn't my thing. History, not psych.

Several of the posters on USMB used to bug me when I would come back "why don't you hide who you are, don't be an obvious sock" and I was like "what's the point of that, I'm not bipolar"

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I don't like socks. There's no reason for them that I can think of.

Now I know one person who thinks that if someone uses one ID on one board and another on a different board, that's a sock. I disagree. There could be any number of reasons right down to "I felt like it" for that. But 2 or more ID's on the same board? I can see nothing good as a reason for that.

Not that I haven't been accused of having multiple personalities before ...

25. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Several of the posters on USMB used to bug me when I would come back "why don't you hide who you are, don't be an obvious sock" and I was like "what's the point of that, I'm not bipolar"
    They made me. It was a condition of returning. I could not come back as Gunny. Even after I was outed, no dice. The name Gunny is banned forever from USMB. Even in death I'm a threat to the powers that be

I'm really glad I don't give a shit

27. Likes Drummond liked this post