Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    They made me. It was a condition of returning. I could not come back as Gunny. Even after I was outed, no dice. The name Gunny is banned forever from USMB. Even in death I'm a threat to the powers that be

I'm really glad I don't give a shit

I have one mod over there who I'm on a semi friendly basis with , we email on a semi regular basis , she told me that FecalCalTenn the head mod over there automatically bans ANYONE with an Arkansas IP address, just in case they are me LOL.

At one time one of the posters in the FZ started a poll "who would you rather have here FecalCalTenn or STTAB?" It was like 250:1 in my favor when suddenly the OP was banned for an unspecified reason and the entire thread disappeared into the ether like it never happened.

You would think I fucked FCT's wife and beat his dog the way he is frightened of me. I should just buy the damn board and ban his ass but my wife said absolutely not. She hates USMB with a passion.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Several of the posters on USMB used to bug me when I would come back "why don't you hide who you are, don't be an obvious sock" and I was like "what's the point of that, I'm not bipolar"
    Bipolar wouldn't have anything to do with someone making a dual account, or be hiding their identity and such. Usually changes in mood. The mania I had mentioned. Depression of course. It's not like a bipolar person can't be doing any of that stuff, but I just don't see the connection you were making. And yes, as someone with bipolar I sometimes take slight offense, but don't get mad at anyone.

Yes, sometimes folks with bipolar will do irrational things. But it's not like someone with bipolar will wake up one day and decide to make a sock account BECAUSE they have bipolar, and that being the reason for doing so.

Confusing enough for you? Welcome to my world.

But no, it's basically a mood disorder. Depression. -- not stupidity or multiple personalities or anything weird like that. Ok, well weird, but not that weird, just weird.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I have one mod over there who I'm on a semi friendly basis with , we email on a semi regular basis , she told me that FecalCalTenn the head mod over there automatically bans ANYONE with an Arkansas IP address, just in case they are me LOL.

At one time one of the posters in the FZ started a poll "who would you rather have here FecalCalTenn or STTAB?" It was like 250:1 in my favor when suddenly the OP was banned for an unspecified reason and the entire thread disappeared into the ether like it never happened.

You would think I fucked FCT's wife and beat his dog the way he is frightened of me. I should just buy the damn board and ban his ass but my wife said absolutely not. She hates USMB with a passion.
    The game they tried to play with me was to get someone to say my name (you know -- talk about a banned person) and ban them. The mods were in on it I can't say I was impressed with the rent-a-staff there. The admins are paid, professional admins so don't really give a crap about the board and the mods were just

I prefer it here. I know I used to be right in the thick of it, but I just have zero interest in being involved in constant pissing contests. Except when the occasional Turk joins here. You just missed the last one
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The game they tried to play with me was to get someone to say my name (you know -- talk about a banned person) and ban them. The mods were in on it I can't say I was impressed with the rent-a-staff there. The admins are paid, professional admins so don't really give a crap about the board and the mods were just

I prefer it here. I know I used to be right in the thick of it, but I just have zero interest in being involved in constant pissing contests. Except when the occasional Turk joins here. You just missed the last one

There was a Turk here? I thought I smelled camel ass.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

There was a Turk here? I thought I smelled camel ass.
    Oh yeah. A card-carrying, female upper-crust Erdogan propaganda machine Turk. Punky little female, college kid probably has a daddy or uncle in government and it went about as well as you would expect. I actually tried to stay out of it but I couldn't help myself. Her version of Turkey sure as f*ck wasn't the Turkey I lived in.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The current USMB sounds like an insane asylum. Sad, especially when think of how cool USMB used to be before Jim sold it...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The current USMB sounds like an insane asylum. Sad, especially when think of how cool USMB used to be before Jim sold it...

It's hilariously pathetic. All their hard work to keep me off, they've been banning folks left and right and I've had an account all along and some of the threads in there LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm starting to think that any comparisons or any type of proof whatsoever that would show us to be the 'worst', will not be forthcoming - just as I figured.

I knew that would be the case from the get go, as we simply aren't. Hell, I'm not even willing to bet on such things. We're talking about human nature and simply what humans do. It's like expecting to go elsewhere and somehow being able to breathe better, or expecting complete natural kindness from everyone you interact with. It's just not happening folks.

I'm not angry either way, but I will often stay on top of things that concern the board overall. Or if someone attempts to speak to the community overall, or for DP overall, sometimes a minor correction is in order.

And if someone makes an opinion about things here, obviously a ton of it is based on their own personal experiences. And I think such experiences folks will dictate to themselves. No one would welcome a spammer with open arms. Trolls don't get a whole lot further. Folks who are insulting don't always enjoy what they get back from others. We all have our days where we may not be ourselves, and you'll see that others respond to the manner in which you post and "reply in kind".

Either way, I knew we wouldn't be hearing any good feedback on that one. I predicted a non-response and was proven correct.

We ain't perfect by any stretch, but very far from the worst. In fact, I 'could' go down the line about each and every member here - and show why I think each and every person is decent folk, IMO at least.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

15. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm starting to think that any comparisons or any type of proof whatsoever that would show us to be the 'worst', will not be forthcoming - just as I figured.

I knew that would be the case from the get go, as we simply aren't. Hell, I'm not even willing to bet on such things. We're talking about human nature and simply what humans do. It's like expecting to go elsewhere and somehow being able to breathe better, or expecting complete natural kindness from everyone you interact with. It's just not happening folks.

I'm not angry either way, but I will often stay on top of things that concern the board overall. Or if someone attempts to speak to the community overall, or for DP overall, sometimes a minor correction is in order.

And if someone makes an opinion about things here, obviously a ton of it is based on their own personal experiences. And I think such experiences folks will dictate to themselves. No one would welcome a spammer with open arms. Trolls don't get a whole lot further. Folks who are insulting don't always enjoy what they get back from others. We all have our days where we may not be ourselves, and you'll see that others respond to the manner in which you post and "reply in kind".

Either way, I knew we wouldn't be hearing any good feedback on that one. I predicted a non-response and was proven correct.

We ain't perfect by any stretch, but very far from the worst. In fact, I 'could' go down the line about each and every member here - and show why I think each and every person is decent folk, IMO at least.
    So here is what I am thinking @jimnyc:

Nobody involved in this discussion has NOT been here for years. Some of us more than others. You learn a thing or two that falls into the action/reaction category. You think about it BEFORE you type it and hit enter, rather than typing and seeing what happens. Especially when there is history to look at for your answer.

I'm going to go on Jim's board and make the statement it is one of the worst, roughest boards, or words to that effect, and there are other, more tame ones. Why would anyone make such a statement IF they bothered to think it through to a probable conclusion? Suicidal?

Here's a picture: I make the statement. The first thing Jimbob is going to do is ask WHICH board? Oh yeah, they haven't been named as of yet So I name them and he's going to go join those boards within the hour if not sooner. He'll be back with his report, on the board in public here for all to see.

Guess I shoud have thought of that before I opened my trap and said something stupid, huh?

17. Thanks Kathianne, STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So here is what I am thinking @jimnyc:

Nobody involved in this discussion has NOT been here for years. Some of us more than others. You learn a thing or two that falls into the action/reaction category. You think about it BEFORE you type it and hit enter, rather than typing and seeing what happens. Especially when there is history to look at for your answer.

I'm going to go on Jim's board and make the statement it is one of the worst, roughest boards, or words to that effect, and there are other, more tame ones. Why would anyone make such a statement IF they bothered to think it through to a probable conclusion? Suicidal?

Here's a picture: I make the statement. The first thing Jimbob is going to do is ask WHICH board? Oh yeah, they haven't been named as of yet So I name them and he's going to go join those boards within the hour if not sooner. He'll be back with his report, on the board in public here for all to see.

Guess I shoud have thought of that before I opened my trap and said something stupid, huh?

The damn clean zone at USMB gets rougher than this board , let alone the forums on that site where they basically allow anything short of about 10 rules.You would have to be very sheltered to think this board is among the worst out there.

19. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

She never sent me anything lurid or inappropriate. For starters, I"d NEVER disrespect my wife by receiving such, but we were sort of friends, and exchanged some family pics. She wasn't flat chested. Petite yes, but not flat chested, and small as they were they were nice.
    I guarantee you that whatever picture you saw wasn't of her. Everything she said was a lie that was eventually exposed, down to what state she was living in.

100% lies.

I do know that she indeed lived outside of Houston, but that was only learned by me running down her IP.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum