Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Are the rules preventing folks from posting? Are the rules preventing anyone other than conservatives from posting here? Have any folks that left done so other than on their own accord? So you believe us few demented conservatives are so good or so mean that we scare away the leftists who solely want to have good conversation, like yourself?

Folks retain themselves, that's a fact. And if someone prefers to bail the place instead of ignoring someone, so be it, that's their choice and right. But no on is forcing anyone to stay or leave.

And for the one person that I KNOW that never posts anything more than a sentence or 2, and pretty much ONLY tries to be negative and insult others opinions - you're about the last person that should speak up. Myself, I admit faults and I admit when wrong. You should learn from it. Not everyone is perfect, but many of us TRY and we DO participate and discuss things at length. Many of us also discuss many friendly things down below. Usually the same type of folks are also mysteriously missing from the friendly stuff, as they have no desire. But for YOU to try and lay blame at the feet of others, while some are admitting fault, and YOU somehow toss fire on it and act innocent...

well that's just laughable Pete. I DO like you and I DO try and nudge you towards writing more and expressing yourself, but apparently all you have left is judgmental one liners, and unable to participate. And then some would wonder why after thousands of one liner insults, and then degrading the board as a whole all the time - folks will still wonder why some on occasion give you some shit in return.

If this all makes you special somehow, and myself a demented conservative, so be it. I thought folks could more think for themselves, more control themselves, easily work with vB software and adjust things to their liking accordingly. But us small few of demented folks apparently are too much for the masses that think differently, and I use my magical Nazi powers to ban anyone that can handle themselves in a discussion.

If you don't mind, I think I'll continue being the same person I am. Not perfect by any stretch, that's for damn sure! But I still plan on trying harder - and I do plan on trying much harder in avoiding fights and personal stuff. This isn't personal - I TRULY wanted you to ignore other shit and take the prompts and try to discuss things. But you have your preferences as well, just like others I suppose.

Just to be clear, when earlier I was talking about some people being intolerant. I wasn't talking about you OR the way this board is moderated. I don't think either are a problem. I meant there has always been a "mean girls" group on this board that chased off and harrassed people with opposing views, but they have largely fallen silent along with everyone else in the last few months.

As I told you before, maybe it's me. This board is FAR less active than it was when I first returned. I would hate to think that I had anything to do with killing a message board that people enjoyed posting on. My reputation for being an asshole aside, I would gladly leave this board to save it for you and others here whom I respect if that is the issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Just to be clear, when earlier I was talking about some people being intolerant. I wasn't talking about you OR the way this board is moderated. I don't think either are a problem. I meant there has always been a "mean girls" group on this board that chased off and harrassed people with opposing views, but they have largely fallen silent along with everyone else in the last few months.

As I told you before, maybe it's me. This board is FAR less active than it was when I first returned. I would hate to think that I had anything to do with killing a message board that people enjoyed posting on. My reputation for being an asshole aside, I would gladly leave this board to save it for you and others here whom I respect if that is the issue.
    We ALL have our biases and leanings. I was speaking about intolerance of others opinions and where they stand on a political issue - so long as someone expresses themselves semi-normally, then all cool, but some aren't very tolerant and quite quickly go sarcasm/personal. But no names even matter nor does even political leanings. We each just try to do better individually and that could make things better. If everyone stopped jumping on one another on page one, maybe others would reply. That's why I have always got angry over time when someone would be the first to respond to a thread, and it be of a personal nature, therefore sending the thread downhill from the get go. So - instead of allowing that to happen and further degrade, for example, I would just ignore it now and respond to only non-personal type posts.

But thus far I am willing to condense sub-forums when we get to it, and I can move all "humor" related pictures that hog threads to their own thread in the humor section. And then I can only do my own part in trying to remain just a little more respectful as much as I can, within reason. And utilizing the ignore function or simply bypassing what I don't like as if it weren't there. But the beast again, and the beast tells people that it's human nature to reply to folks who insult others and such. But I can only control myself.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The reality is that DP retains only the most demented conservatives and a few moderates who love misery.
    Prime example right here
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

4. Thanks Elessar, Mr. P thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

We ALL have our biases and leanings. I was speaking about intolerance of others opinions and where they stand on a political issue - so long as someone expresses themselves semi-normally, then all cool, but some aren't very tolerant and quite quickly go sarcasm/personal. But no names even matter nor does even political leanings. We each just try to do better individually and that could make things better. If everyone stopped jumping on one another on page one, maybe others would reply. That's why I have always got angry over time when someone would be the first to respond to a thread, and it be of a personal nature, therefore sending the thread downhill from the get go. So - instead of allowing that to happen and further degrade, for example, I would just ignore it now and respond to only non-personal type posts.

But thus far I am willing to condense sub-forums when we get to it, and I can move all "humor" related pictures that hog threads to their own thread in the humor section. And then I can only do my own part in trying to remain just a little more respectful as much as I can, within reason. And utilizing the ignore function or simply bypassing what I don't like as if it weren't there. But the beast again, and the beast tells people that it's human nature to reply to folks who insult others and such. But I can only control myself.

Oh, you could definitely control more than yourself, you just choose not to. Myself, I think you should exercise admin power a little more often. Make things easier on yourself. But I'm an avowed authoritarian, so there's that LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh, you could definitely control more than yourself, you just choose not to. Myself, I think you should exercise admin power a little more often. Make things easier on yourself. But I'm an avowed authoritarian, so there's that LOL
    I would prefer not to be the decider of fights and personal arguments, and allow the members to handle as they see fit. Sure, if something is horrid for everyone, then we should step in and make right. But its usually feuds and such, and the feuds go zilch with the ignore feature. I would much rather folks ignore one another than ruin threads. Preferably just ignore by shaking head and not replying, and this way the ability to reply to decent things is still there.

But I think if everyone simply avoided the personal crap, made an effort at least, and tried not to take the bait in ruining threads, that it would get better, but far from perfect.

And it's not a one way rodeo. I know folks will ride pete as well. And the exact same thing applies, and pete should avoid the BS and respond to those wanting to discuss. Everyone has a choice. But what we mainly see on DP is what each individual wants, totaled up.

I don't think strict moderation is an answer. I think it's simply folks having a little more respect for one another, plain and simple.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I would prefer not to be the decider of fights and personal arguments, and allow the members to handle as they see fit. Sure, if something is horrid for everyone, then we should step in and make right. But its usually feuds and such, and the feuds go zilch with the ignore feature. I would much rather folks ignore one another than ruin threads. Preferably just ignore by shaking head and not replying, and this way the ability to reply to decent things is still there.

But I think if everyone simply avoided the personal crap, made an effort at least, and tried not to take the bait in ruining threads, that it would get better, but far from perfect.

And it's not a one way rodeo. I know folks will ride pete as well. And the exact same thing applies, and pete should avoid the BS and respond to those wanting to discuss. Everyone has a choice. But what we mainly see on DP is what each individual wants, totaled up.

I don't think strict moderation is an answer. I think it's simply folks having a little more respect for one another, plain and simple.

See, we're on different pages. I don't mean you should your admin powers to be the decider of fights. I mean you should use your admin powers to simply tell people to shut the fuck up when they whine to you , instead of letting it stress you out .

One liner insults don't ruin threads. Running feuds do.

Many posters here need to learn how to just have a damn argument in a thread and move on, letting it go.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

See, we're on different pages. I don't mean you should your admin powers to be the decider of fights. I mean you should use your admin powers to simply tell people to shut the fuck up when they whine to you , instead of letting it stress you out .

One liner insults don't ruin threads. Running feuds do.

Many posters here need to learn how to just have a damn argument in a thread and move on, letting it go.
    I don't think any of it matters anyway. The last nature of the beast is US. And if folks refuse to try and help fix the things here they don't like, then I sure can't do it for them. But listen to the complaints from everyone, write them down. You'll find it 100% of it comes down to OTHER beasts of nature and how they post or respond. And we ALL have that in our control, but no one wants it better, or they would do the things I say. The PREFERENCE IS to fight with many. The preference is to troll by some. The preference to SEE everything is desired by some. But making what folks don't like go away, and posting like adults and trying harder - is NOT what the community wants apparently. I cry uncle.

9. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don't think any of it matters anyway. The last nature of the beast is US. And if folks refuse to try and help fix the things here they don't like, then I sure can't do it for them. But listen to the complaints from everyone, write them down. You'll find it 100% of it comes down to OTHER beasts of nature and how they post or respond. And we ALL have that in our control, but no one wants it better, or they would do the things I say. The PREFERENCE IS to fight with many. The preference is to troll by some. The preference to SEE everything is desired by some. But making what folks don't like go away, and posting like adults and trying harder - is NOT what the community wants apparently. I cry uncle.

I definitely am a rabble rouser on every message board I get on LOL I admit it , I enjoy pointing out how stupid someone is until the point that they get pissed off LOL I can't help it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I may not seem like it, but am pretty sensitive. When several posters tell me that what I post and how is more than annoying, I listen. Thus, I may post a story, but will refrain from annoying others. I'll hang more below the top.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I may not seem like it, but am pretty sensitive. When several posters tell me that what I post and how is more than annoying, I listen. Thus, I may post a story, but will refrain from annoying others. I'll hang more below the top.

Fuck that. just like I said in the other thread. Post your opinions, base them on facts, and who gives a flying fuck whether that annoys other posters or not. Most of them are annoying little trolls anyway.

We need MORE posts from Kath, not less. And I'll defend that opinion against any motherfucker who wants to say different on here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Fuck that. just like I said in the other thread. Post your opinions, base them on facts, and who gives a flying fuck whether that annoys other posters or not. Most of them are annoying little trolls anyway.

We need MORE posts from Kath, not less. And I'll defend that opinion against any motherfucker who wants to say different on here.
    Thanks, though you made a public point to say that you were tired of how and annoyed with how I'd been posting, you weren't alone. I have feelings too.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Funny how an admitted TROLL calls others trolls.

I came here thinking we would all have something in common. Then, someone complains about my use of memes, since I have experienced being Ignored, generally when I attempt new posts, that regularly are ignored as well.

So, despite a troll, calling me a troll. If someone doesn't like what I post, or my opinions. I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS!

Go somewhere else, or keep ignoring me. Troll on, and look in a mirror once in a while. Otherwise, as several members here have told me "STFU".
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

16. Thanks jimnyc, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Like I said, I know everyone is different. If someone doesn't like my postings or me in general or whatever - place me on ignore, I'll ensure that everyone here has that ability, but of course the rules will still remain, however few they are. But I am NOT going to stop posting and having fun, because one or 2 folks may not like me. But I respect that as your choice. But understand that if you start a thread, of course folks will respond and/or respond directly to you as the thread starter. So may want to avoid even starting them, rather than post that you ain't participating. I'm not asking you to do so, just a recommendation. It confused me, but understand if that's your choice. That's what I have been pointing out, we all have choices. And if you feel it's best to not discuss politics, then that's your choice to be respected.

18. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Thanks, though you made a public point to say that you were tired of how and annoyed with how I'd been posting, you weren't alone. I have feelings too.
    I don't see where you get that from Kath, how many times in the last let's say 3 weeks have I PUBLICLY defended you as being one of the better posters on this board? I can post the links if you'd like.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icansayit View Post
    I came here thinking we would all have something in common. Then, someone complains about my use of memes, since I have experienced being Ignored, generally when I attempt new posts, that regularly are ignored as well.

So, despite a troll, calling me a troll. If someone doesn't like what I post, or my opinions. I DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS!

Go somewhere else, or keep ignoring me. Troll on, and look in a mirror once in a while. Otherwise, as several members here have told me "STFU".
    Memes don't bother me, and if they do, scrolling on by is a piece of cake. I certainly do not think you are a troll. A stubborn old man set in his ways? Yeps!! But that's what I like and respect about you, as a lifetime sailor set in his ways.

All I am asking people to do is have a little more respect with one another. And if folks see something they feel is the opposite, then ignore it and move on. Wouldn't hurt us all to have a little less negativity floating around.

As for the memes, like I said, they don't bother me. But perhaps SOMETIMES there is a better place than others. And I'm talking about endless memes showing up in a discussion, not one here and there. And I'm not pointing out anyone or anything, have no need to, as it doesn't bother me as stated. BUT, if the meme posting DOES annoy more than a few members, then maybe it makes sense to have an area for everyone to enjoy them. As lets face it, we all post one or 2 here and there.

I don't ignore your posts, not unless it's not interesting.

And NO ONE here should be telling ANYONE else here what they should and shouldn't do, that's the negativity as pointed out, and we're seeing that folks are insulted, including yourself. I don't like to see that. I am part of the problem at times, but never mean any harm by it, but don't want folks to feel such a way. Like I said in another thread, I like all of you guys here, and all for different reasons. So a little respect for our differences is a little in order, a little more tolerance and a little more ignoring of others and what we don't like. The board as a whole will benefit from it, and hopefully some of the things folks don't like will diminish. Even if it doesn't entirely go away, which it won't, anything better is better.