Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default Y’all know how much tractors cost?

Having to buy a new one for the farm, and I'm shopping around and for just the good mid sized 4 wheel drive open cab tractor that I need we're talking about $30-70K .

I mean some of the damn things go all the way up $1M and more, but I'm just talking about something in the 140HP range has to be 4x4 , I wasn't really looking at one with a cab, but for that kind of money you may as well do so and have a/c and a radio while you're out in the field.

Always something.

2. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Having to buy a new one for the farm, and I'm shopping around and for just the good mid sized 4 wheel drive open cab tractor that I need we're talking about $30-70K .

I mean some of the damn things go all the way up $1M and more, but I'm just talking about something in the 140HP range has to be 4x4 , I wasn't really looking at one with a cab, but for that kind of money you may as well do so and have a/c and a radio while you're out in the field.

Always something.
    I lived in Georgia, albeit for only a few months with my brother. His friend and him were truck drivers, and more or less lived on the same land, quite a few acres. His friends Dad owned and took care of the entire land. He had cows/bulls and all that crap. But all I remember is him WANTING to buy some huge machine for the fields that was like a one machine does all (I know nothing about farming). This ONE machine cost $400,000!! Man, you better have one profitable farm if you are going to buy one of those suckers!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I lived in Georgia, albeit for only a few months with my brother. His friend and him were truck drivers, and more or less lived on the same land, quite a few acres. His friends Dad owned and took care of the entire land. He had cows/bulls and all that crap. But all I remember is him WANTING to buy some huge machine for the fields that was like a one machine does all (I know nothing about farming). This ONE machine cost $400,000!! Man, you better have one profitable farm if you are going to buy one of those suckers!!

Mine is more of a hobby farm LOL . We have cattle that make money each year. But we also have horses that do nothing but suck up hay. I swear LOL years ago my sister talked me into fostering wild Mustangs and then finding them permanent homes. At one time we had like 100 horses, and it turns out that wild mustangs are much harder to find homes for than you would imagine. A good year is finding ten permanent homes. Right now there are 30 horses wandering around my property. Some of them are ridden by my kids and thus aren't going anywhere, but the vast majority we're still looking for homes.

And don't even get me started on ducks, and guineas, and goats, and rabbits and all other manner of animal which have at one time or another called this farm home.

So, I don't need anything near as heavy as what your friend needed, just a good solid 4x4 tractor.