Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    It's funny , he never even thought about the Army before living here, in fact he had an arrest record and we had to get a waiver for him, but now he loves everything about Army life. I couldn't be more proud of the person he's became. Like I said before, my own son who's the same age, I never worried about him (he's also in the Army, stationed in Ga after 2 tours in Iraq, he's also a 1st Lt and I can't discuss too much about his role in the Army ) but he hasn't came out and said "this is gonna be my career" yet.

Here's hoping.
    Good on you and him.

Know part of the story anyway, real well. I was here at my grandparents' for the summer and it was time to go back to Miami where I thus far had excelled at bouncing in a biker bar and getting into trouble. I looked at my options and signed on the dotted line with the Marine Recruiter next morning and have not looked back. Wisest decision I ever made.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

The first would be magical! Nonetheless, I think it's something that would be fantastic for folks to follow. Another reason why I have encouraged folks to post in all sections, to allow us all to get to know one another better. I dunno, maybe it can help in recognizing how we all feel, and how we speak to one another.

There's no magic wand to get folks here to know one another. I know and have stated already that I want to do better in quite a few manners, and will continue to do just that, and interact better, I hope. And I saw that some aren't terribly interested in doing similar.

And I also may be in the wrong thread too!!
    Kind of what I meant when I said I can’t stand when people attack others in a social thread, based on their politics. There is so much we could bond on if we just look past the party affiliations.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The only thing I stress about is my wife's visa bill every month. $1100 at Bed Bath & Beyond? I mean Christ on a cracker.

"well we needed new towels , but I didn't like any of them that were in the colors of our 4th bathroom that no one uses anyway, but still things need to match so when I bought new towels for the bathroom that never gets used I decided to just go ahead and change colors , so that meant a new shower curtain, and well I didn't want to hang the shower curtain on an old rod, so and then then a new rug and new hand towels and wash cloths, but then the soap dispenser I found was marked down from $50 to $20 so I actually saved $30 (forget it, I've tried explaining to her time and time again that buying something we don't need simply because it was marked down from $50 - $20 is NOT saving $30) well then I bought all this and then I realized I don't really like the color of the walls in that bathroom any more either, so here's a charge for $100 for paint from Home Depot as well"

And even with all that I know I'm a lucky man LOL
    Women are soooo easy to understand. We just want everything to be perfect. Once you get that simple fact, you’re good to go.

-Abbey

6. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Women are soooo easy to understand. We just want everything to be perfect. Once you get that simple fact, you’re good to go.

My wife is to the extreme LOL Do normal people change the electrical outlets when they paint because they want a different color outlet? Not just the faceplate mind you, but the outlet itself. When we first had the house built she had beige colored outlets installed. I say she, because let's face it, no straight male gives a flying fuck what color the outlets are, anyway , last summer we painted the entire house and changed colors . I had to change every single electrical outlet out because she no longer wanted beige she wanted white, and then not only that, but in half the rooms she painted them a different color by hand, so that the next time we paint and she changes colors AGAIN , I'll have to change the outlets AGAIN.

But she never seriously pesters me about my car obsession so I dutifully change the electrical outlets lol

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Good on you and him.

Know part of the story anyway, real well. I was here at my grandparents' for the summer and it was time to go back to Miami where I thus far had excelled at bouncing in a biker bar and getting into trouble. I looked at my options and signed on the dotted line with the Marine Recruiter next morning and have not looked back. Wisest decision I ever made.

I couldn't even tell you why I joined originally Gunny. I was just 17 years old and it sounded like a good work out LOL

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I couldn't even tell you why I joined originally Gunny. I was just 17 years old and it sounded like a good work out LOL
    It gives you a different perspective when you're the one looking at the opportunity to get the F- out and do something positive. I wasn't going anywhere where I was and the writing on the wall was pretty clear. It was the only opportunity I had and I jumped on it. Or I should say it was the best opportunity.

I hear you on the free workout. I used to listen to the others (first termers when I was one) bitching about can't wait to get out, the Corps sucked, blah, blah, blah. I'd had civilian jobs. I was like, I get to work out on their time, run around and "play Army", swim, camp, go "boating" () -- free rack and usually 3 hots a day or not so hots in the field. Place to shower and shave that didn't say "Welcome to Florida" on it

I was fine right where I was
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It gives you a different perspective when you're the one looking at the opportunity to get the F- out and do something positive. I wasn't going anywhere where I was and the writing on the wall was pretty clear. It was the only opportunity I had and I jumped on it. Or I should say it was the best opportunity.

I hear you on the free workout. I used to listen to the others (first termers when I was one) bitching about can't wait to get out, the Corps sucked, blah, blah, blah. I'd had civilian jobs. I was like, I get to work out on their time, run around and "play Army", swim, camp, go "boating" () -- free rack and usually 3 hots a day or not so hots in the field. Place to shower and shave that didn't say "Welcome to Florida" on it

I was fine right where I was

I was National Guard, so a little different, I went home at the end of my weekend , well and summer 2 weeks, and was deployed a few times, including to Desert Storm, but then something changed after Desert Storm, I came home, finished college and became a full time Guard member. Then it was a full time job. The last 10 years or so of my career I was paid to kick in doors and help arrest high risk drug criminals. I gotta say, that was fun. And in order to do that kind of work, requires a lot of training, and that training wasn't on my dime.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

The only thing I stress about is my wife's visa bill every month. $1100 at Bed Bath & Beyond? I mean Christ on a cracker.

"well we needed new towels , but I didn't like any of them that were in the colors of our 4th bathroom that no one uses anyway, but still things need to match so when I bought new towels for the bathroom that never gets used I decided to just go ahead and change colors , so that meant a new shower curtain, and well I didn't want to hang the shower curtain on an old rod, so and then then a new rug and new hand towels and wash cloths, but then the soap dispenser I found was marked down from $50 to $20 so I actually saved $30 (forget it, I've tried explaining to her time and time again that buying something we don't need simply because it was marked down from $50 - $20 is NOT saving $30) well then I bought all this and then I realized I don't really like the color of the walls in that bathroom any more either, so here's a charge for $100 for paint from Home Depot as well"

And even with all that I know I'm a lucky man LOL
    Sounds perfectly logical to me.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

16. Thanks STTAB, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Sounds perfectly logical to me.

I think she's a little OCD, I mean who vacuums their garage? I'm talking about once a month the garage gets dusted and vacuumed LOL. You could eat off my garage floor.

18. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

My wife is to the extreme LOL Do normal people change the electrical outlets when they paint because they want a different color outlet? Not just the faceplate mind you, but the outlet itself. When we first had the house built she had beige colored outlets installed. I say she, because let's face it, no straight male gives a flying fuck what color the outlets are, anyway , last summer we painted the entire house and changed colors . I had to change every single electrical outlet out because she no longer wanted beige she wanted white, and then not only that, but in half the rooms she painted them a different color by hand, so that the next time we paint and she changes colors AGAIN , I'll have to change the outlets AGAIN.

But she never seriously pesters me about my car obsession so I dutifully change the electrical outlets lol
    I seriously don’t know why you find this extreme, lol!

-Abbey

20. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post