Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Pete and I working together

So Pete and I had a quick discussion and it was easy to decide to try and work together. We've been fighting or shooting the sarcasm back and forth for quite some time. We both agreed that it was stupid and pointless and not good for any of the threads or for the community.

And the truth is - Pete approached me, and I agreed. I am sorry for the stupid and personal crap I have stated to him over time.

And in addition to apologizing privately, I am also apologizing to Pete in public. Never mind anything I may have heard or read myself. I'm paying attention to my own actions. I can recall several times that I went sarcasm and personal with Pete, the reason not mattering, I did so. My own actions were wrong and I apologize for that.

I know Pete and relation to forums. And I know he was at USMB and then here. I know for sure he's not stupid. I know for sure he's capable of more than one liners. I would like to not only see that from him, but from all of us hopefully.

But making a small claim is nothing. Actions speak louder than these writings. Me following through is what matters. And if someone else or others do similarly, then I believe we all profit from it in the long run. And I still maintain I will continue going forward. And then talking things out with Pete is a good thing, at minimum for him and I.

Hopefully any working together we try will then pass on to others, even if a little.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks pete311, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So Pete and I had a quick discussion and it was easy to decide to try and work together. We've been fighting or shooting the sarcasm back and forth for quite some time. We both agreed that it was stupid and pointless and not good for any of the threads or for the community.

And the truth is - Pete approached me, and I agreed. I am sorry for the stupid and personal crap I have stated to him over time.

And in addition to apologizing privately, I am also apologizing to Pete in public. Never mind anything I may have heard or read myself. I'm paying attention to my own actions. I can recall several times that I went sarcasm and personal with Pete, the reason not mattering, I did so. My own actions were wrong and I apologize for that.

I know Pete and relation to forums. And I know he was at USMB and then here. I know for sure he's not stupid. I know for sure he's capable of more than one liners. I would like to not only see that from him, but from all of us hopefully.

But making a small claim is nothing. Actions speak louder than these writings. Me following through is what matters. And if someone else or others do similarly, then I believe we all profit from it in the long run. And I still maintain I will continue going forward. And then talking things out with Pete is a good thing, at minimum for him and I.

Hopefully any working together we try will then pass on to others, even if a little.
    Pete is NOT stupid, he is however disingenuous. Hopefully he can move past that and start adding to discussions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I approve this thread and also accept responsibility for lashing out with toxic rhetoric. I will try to be better. Thanks Jim!

5. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Pete is NOT stupid, he is however disingenuous. Hopefully he can move past that and start adding to discussions.
    You don't know me, so don't try to label my intent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    You don't know me, so don't try to label my intent.
    I don't know you. That is true, all I know of you is that you are extremely partisan, to the point where every thread I have been involved in with you has devolved into you being disingenuous to make your arguments appear more true. I sincerely hope that changes because I think your honest viewpoint could be a plus for this board.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Regardless of any other feelings on what I wrote, or how Pete and I are going to try to work together with one another at least.... please leave it at that, and at least in this thread at least!! No need to be positive and still look around for anything negative. Let's try to keep out personal feelings when we can.

But you do not have to, it's not an order. You can alternatively head to the cage.... you know the drill by now from my dumb ass. Let's just work on it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock