Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Schiff Rejects GOP Request for ‘Whistleblower’ Testimony...

Again, look at what we're talking about, ultimately trying to remove the president from office.

And they want to dictate as if they are a judge. The republicans, to date, have to eat it and have no choice. But the left is abusing the hell out of this process thus far. Folks out there truly believe 100% all the leaks they send out. And all they are seeing is opinions of testimonies to an extent, and no efforts really yet from the right.

--

Schiff Rejects GOP Request for ‘Whistleblower’ Testimony as ‘Redundant and Unnecessary’

Nov. 10 (UPI) — House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff described a request by the Republicans for public testimony this week by the whistle-blower who sparked an impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump as “redundant and unnecessary.”

On Saturday, House intelligence committee ranking member Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., sent a list of witnesses they would like to interview to Schiff, including Hunter Biden, the son of former vice President Joe Biden. The letter was five pages.

Schiff, a Democrat from California, responded to the letter later Saturday with his own two-page letter.

He wrote the impeachment inquiry “has gathered an ever-growing body of evidence — from witnesses and documents, including the President’s own words in his July 25 call record — that not only confirms, but far exceeds, the initial information in the whistle-blower’s complaint. The whistle-blower’s testimony is therefore redundant and unnecessary. In light of the President’s threats, the individual’s appearance before us would only place their personal safety at grave risk.”

In September, Schiff said the whistle-blower would appear before Congress “very soon,” but later has said the testimony is unnecessary.

In the phone call Trump pressed Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to conduct an investigation of the Bidens. Without confirmation, Joe Biden pressured former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to fire a top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, who was investigating Ukrainian natural gas firm Burisma Holdings, where Hunter served on the board, bringing in a reported $50,000 per month.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/news/schif...d-unnecessary/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

The house impeaches and the senate does the trial. This isn't new.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Understood, but they still ultimately need to vote. It would be nice to have ALL the facts presented from all parties involved, prior to having a vote. And of course the same would apply in the senate.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Understood, but they still ultimately need to vote. It would be nice to have ALL the facts presented from all parties involved, prior to having a vote. And of course the same would apply in the senate.
    When did you want to be nice during Bengazi? Republicans changed the house rules. Dems are playing with them now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The House needs a reason besides "Get Trump" to impeach. It's quite clear they do not have any such reason.

Which I find humorous. The Dems are so intent on getting Trump they are blind in their hatred. I fully expected a fully-criminally-competent Democratic party to have set him up by now. Their usual excellence in dishonesty/lying seems a bit lacking this past 3+ years
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The House needs a reason besides "Get Trump" to impeach. It's quite clear they do not have any such reason.

Which I find humorous. The Dems are so intent on getting Trump they are blind in their hatred. I fully expected a fully-criminally-competent Democratic party to have set him up by now. Their usual excellence in dishonesty/lying seems a bit lacking this past 3+ years
    Extortion is a reason. Try to keep up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

When did you want to be nice during Bengazi? Republicans changed the house rules. Dems are playing with them now.
    I'm not going to dive into the "Clinton did it, Bush did it & Obama did it crew.

I think Benghazi was a royal screwup from the get go and also filled with lies from the get go, and people died as a result.

In THIS case, speaking of removing a sitting president, I think any and all facts, accusers and everything, it all needs to come out and discussed. There is absolutely no reason why folks who make comments or accusations should be hidden from the public. Protected from any involvement after accusations. All prior investigations and wrongdoing needs to be entered into record. NOTHING should be left off the table, nothing should be hidden... it's all 100% open. But folks want to try and hide things. And I couldn't care less which side attempts it. Nothing should be allowed to be hidden. ALL testimony should be on the record and available to all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Extortion is a reason. Try to keep up.
    I refuted that argument in the other thread you are repeating yourself in. Here's your link:

https://www.lexology.com/library/det...5-4dae962fe95f

To repeat myself, the use of embargo/sanctions to achieve a desired result/compliance has been common practice since the first Nation ran into another. To include its use by every President from Washington to date.

Now suddenly it's "extortion"? No. It's Trump and Dems making another desperate grab at thin air.

As a request, it would be a lot easier if you would keep like arguments in the same thread. Not that I mind repeating that your stance on the issue is incorrect, but I don't really have a lot of time to chase threads and repeat responses simply because one has been abandoned because the answer was not what you wished to hear.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke