Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default University of Virginia Cancels 21-Gun Salute

Snowflakes is dang right and they know it by already planning for next year. They really just need to simply say NO, it's NOT happening. "We are following tradition. Feel free to not attend if you don't like it.

This has only been around for a tad anyway, like since the 14th century. And suddenly, here in 2019, the cold little flakes can't take it anymore. I would give these folks the Aok to stay home on such days if it truly annoys them that much. And it's not sending an "unfortunate" truth about students - it's sending the truth is all. The things that have changed in the past decade only is quite stunning. The students are now in charge and the teachers and administration allow for them to do so.

--

University of Virginia Cancels 21-Gun Salute to Appease Snowflake Students

The University of Virginia canceled the 21-gun salute portion of its annual Veterans Day ceremony – citing gun violence.

James Ryan, the university’s president, posted a statement on Facebook explaining that there were concerns about firing weapons on school property in light of recent school shootings.

He said there were two specific reasons.

"First, to minimize disruptions to classes, given that this event is located at the juncture of four primary academic buildings and is held at a time that classes are in session; and second, recognizing concerns related to firing weapons on the Grounds in light of gun violence that has happened across our nation, especially on school and university campuses," the president wrote.

As you might imagine – the outrage among veterans and military supporters has been severe.

"I am very disillusioned, very upset, and very surprised that they would make such a decision," veteran Jay Levine told television station WHSV.

The Daily Progress condemned the university's decision in an editorial.

"It also, ironically, sends an unfortunate message about students: That they are too fragile, too delicate, too distractible to deal with the 'interruption' of the salute. That they are too insular, too wrapped up in their own worlds to comprehend and accept this longstanding practice. That they must be protected from the reality that exists outside academia," they wrote.

The blowback was apparently so significant – that President Ryan promised to re-introduce the 21-gun salute next year.

The notion that students might suffer some sort of disruption because the ROTC is honoring our veterans is repulsive.

Rest - https://townhall.com/columnists/todd...dents-n2556271
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Don't those immature snowflakes know they fire saluting rounds - blanks?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!