Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default stalin vs hitler

who was worse and why?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    who was worse and why?
    I don't see much difference between one and the other. Want to clarify "worse"?

Both were paranoid, genocidal maniacs who murdered millions.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Gunny is quite correct. Stalin was a bit worse because he ruled a larger country and had more resources. Stalin was also more cunning and ruthless than Hitler.
    Hitler delegated a lot of his more ruthless and sadistic work to others. Himmler was even sicker than Hitler in the way he despised people.
    Stalin might be the most evil leader who ever lived. He trusted no one and was quick to anger. Stalin's gulags killed more people than Hitler's concentration camps. Fewer people know because they were not publicly exposed.

To me, neither Hitler or Stalin was as bad as Pol Pot. The Cambodian despot succeeded in destroying an entire country. It is estimated that as many as 40 percent of Cambodia's population died or fled the country during the reign of Pol Pot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Gunny is quite correct. Stalin was a bit worse because he ruled a larger country and had more resources. Stalin was also more cunning and ruthless than Hitler.
    Hitler delegated a lot of his more ruthless and sadistic work to others. Himmler was even sicker than Hitler in the way he despised people.
    Stalin might be the most evil leader who ever lived. He trusted no one and was quick to anger. Stalin's gulags killed more people than Hitler's concentration camps. Fewer people know because they were not publicly exposed.

To me, neither Hitler or Stalin was as bad as Pol Pot. The Cambodian despot succeeded in destroying an entire country. It is estimated that as many as 40 percent of Cambodia's population died or fled the country during the reign of Pol Pot.
    I KNEW there had to be some non-partisan education in there somewhere.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post

Not that any single individual was responsible, but the Japanese occupation of Asia during the 30's early 40's was fairly despotic as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stalin also had a longer run at power than Adolf.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hillary is definitely worse.
    America: White people footing the bill for a party they're not allowed to attend.