Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Funny

One of the suburbs in Chicago has a great police department with an awesome FB page. Today's post cracked me up:

Park Forest Police Department

15 hrs ·

Although we can’t recommend Craigslist for dating, it can be useful for selling that snow globe your in-laws bought you last Christmas. But meeting strangers from the internet is always slightly uncomfortable. To ease that, the Park Forest Police Department lobby is an internet purchase exchange location. Although officers can’t participate in transactions, the area is under constant video surveillance and officers are always nearby.

With that being said, don’t sell or buy illegal drugs in our lobby. Or any illegal items for that matter. If you absolutely must, please speak with an officer first and we’ll help facilitate the transaction. 🤥👀

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Not from the police, but still:

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I know some of you are going to like this one, posted by the police department I mentioned above:

OMG, we found it!!! The magical and elusive turn signal. If you search your vehicle hard enough, you can find it too. Then you can use it, and your intention to change lanes or turn won’t be a huge mystery. Then we can all live happily ever after.
    #winning

5. Likes Abbey Marie, Bilgerat, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I know some of you are going to like this one, posted by the police department I mentioned above:

OMG, we found it!!! The magical and elusive turn signal. If you search your vehicle hard enough, you can find it too. Then you can use it, and your intention to change lanes or turn won’t be a huge mystery. Then we can all live happily ever after.
    #winning

Lol, such a pet peeve!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Likes Kathianne, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I yell .... "guess they forgot to put turn signal on that year"!

I get dumbfounded looks.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Yesterday's was pretty good:

Yesterday at 7:58 AM ·

Life is unpredictable, but the following things are not:
    1. The IRS will not arrest you if you don’t immediately pay them with an iTunes gift card
    2. You probably didn’t win a free cruise
    3. The person on the other end of the phone cannot help you extend your car warranty or lower your credit card APR
    4. The robot that left you a voicemail is not from the Social Security Administration
    The above are examples of the most commonly reported phone scams. Always be alert when you receive a phone call from an unknown person, let’s not give these thieves our time or hard-earned money.

11. Likes Bilgerat, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Getting back to the first post, I never have someone come to my house if I sell something on craigslist. I always tell them to meet me downtown in the minimart parking lot, the busiest place right in the middle of town. If you're dumb enough to try and pull something there, you will be caught before you get 2 miles otta town, because with a town this small, the town cop is never far away, and there's a county boy just waiting to head you off from the other direction.

13. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Wednesday is a day to check for DUIs:

On the left we have a delicious Thanksgiving meal, complete with grandma’s famous stuffing and rich, creamy, heavenly homemade mashed potatoes. And on the right...well...that’s a jailhouse bologna sandwich.
    Which meal you eat on Thanksgiving is totally up to you and how responsible you are while celebrating ‘Blackout Wednesday.’
    Please drive sober or use a ride-sharing app. Don’t be the person eating the bologna sandwich.

15. Likes SassyLady, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Seems to me that most police are like this, but don't happen to have someone to keep them popular on social media. This department rocks!

It’s the day after Thanksgiving and it’s now socially acceptable to start decorating for Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, Festivus, or any other holiday you may celebrate in December. If you already decorated for one of these holidays, then shame on you, you’re the reason we have snow in October.
    As part of the festivities, we are happy to release a Park Forest Police Department holiday wish list.
    1. Stop speeding. This isn’t Talladega Nights and you’re not Ricky Bobby.
    2. Put your phone down when you drive. Like, down inside the trunk so you aren’t tempted. We’re looking at you, millennials.
    3. Wear your seatbelt. We tend to get some backlash on this — so, pretty pretty please? With a cherry on top?
    To sum it all up, we just want you, the people we care about, to be safe this holiday season. That’s one of the best gifts we could get.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Good use of social media:

The cost of a tow when your vehicle unexpectedly breaks down before the holidays - about 3-4 Christmas presents.
    The cost of having two Park Forest Officers push your vehicle to a parking lot where it can be fixed without a tow - free.
    #proudtoserve

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

13 mins ·

On December 31, 2019 the Park Forest Police Department is hosting an exclusive event for intoxicated drivers. Reservations aren't required, and we will even pick you up and give you a ride there.
    We hope you don't attend!

19. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post