Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Myles Garrett...

Suspension? Six games? Sixteen games? Somewhere in between? If all he gets is a suspension, it should hurt...

Banned from the NFL? Too much?

Criminal assault charges? If so, where would you draw the line with other players? They are, essentially, paid to assault each other...

What am I talking about?

This (at 1:25 you'll find the angle that shows the incident):

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Was just coming to post an article on this.

Ripping the helmet off of a QB yelling at him. Then fighting, and then the worst - using that helmet as a weapon!! Rudolph said he was fine later - and he's lucky, as some say Garrett could have also gotten nailed further if injured and maybe even rel life assault charges. He should get that anyway, IMO.

Steelers suck this year and I'm ok with that. Losing an all pro WR, all pro RB and then your starting QB. Is what it is. But NO player deserves that.

And I'm sure Maurkice Pouncey from the Steelers may get a small suspension too. He saw his QB get hit, and he came in full charge and swinging haymakers and then some kicks. Afterwards he said he didn't care as he saw his QB getting assaulted and he reacted to defend him.

Garrett deserves to be gone for the rest of the season, AND a massive fine IMO. Even the rest of the NFL players were all chiming in against him. He's got no support on this one.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes hjmick, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I think the suspension should carry over into next season, it needs to hurt. The fine should be large, it needs to hurt.

The Browns need to act before the NFL drops the hammer.

Pouncey will probably be out for a game or two, and look for Ogunjobi to face some heat for his blind-side hit on Rudolph.

And the last thing I want to hear is defense or condemnation of Garrett's action based on the color of his skin.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I think the suspension should carry over into next season, it needs to hurt. The fine should be large, it needs to hurt.

The Browns need to act before the NFL drops the hammer.

Pouncey will probably be out for a game or two, and look for Ogunjobi to face some heat for his blind-side hit on Rudolph.

And the last thing I want to hear is defense or condemnation of Garrett's action based on the color of his skin.
    Browns should drop him. Suspend him rest of the year and 6 games of next year. The NFL should fine him $1 million. I also believe the local police in Cleveland where the game took place should file assault charges. Do all of that and PROVE player safety intention to me. That will also make others think 2x about pulling something like this again.

If that was even a Steelers player I would be embarrassed for him and calling for his head.

And the first idiot that tries bringing race into this should also be suspended.

And I'm all for Pouncey getting a suspension, he was wrong, even if defending his QB. And then the Steelers as an organization should give him a raise to make up for it and then some. Pouncey is the man! And I would have done the same if I saw him doing that to someone on my team.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And I'm all for Pouncey getting a suspension, he was wrong, even if defending his QB. And then the Steelers as an organization should give him a raise to make up for it and then some. Pouncey is the man! And I would have done the same if I saw him doing that to someone on my team.

He was wrong, but justified. One game suspension... maybe half a game...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Rest of the season suspended works unless he has a history of doing stuff like this.

He doesn't get paid when he's suspended.

Then to make it even worse, he has to go back to Cleveland next year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Rest of season. That was outrageous and extremely dangerous.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

He should face criminal charges. Being suspended should be the least of his worries.

Criminal charges would not be unprecedented in sports, Happens quite a bit in ice hockey, for example, but I'm not sure about for an NFL player

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2016/02/...minal-charges/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by del View Post
    Rest of the season suspended works unless he has a history of doing stuff like this.

He doesn't get paid when he's suspended.

Then to make it even worse, he has to go back to Cleveland next year.
    Agree with that. Being stuck on the Browns sucks too! And nope, no history, he's a rookie. If he had a history like Burfict, and then did this, I would say toss him indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Rest of season. That was outrageous and extremely dangerous.
    Yeps. Season at minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    He should face criminal charges. Being suspended should be the least of his worries.

Criminal charges would not be unprecedented in sports, Happens quite a bit in ice hockey, for example, but I'm not sure about for an NFL player
    I agree on the charges but don't see it happening unless the NFL were to go to the police, which I highly doubt. IMO, the police saw this, everyone has. So they SHOULD proactively charge him, not wait for a complaint about it. They witnessed an outright assault, not a football fight.

Even in hockey, which is known for it's fights - using a stick or something else, like your skate, is a real no-no. And if ever done, I would call for charges there too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

NFL Suspends Myles Garrett Indefinitely, Maurkice Pouncey For 3 Games And Fines Both Steelers And Browns $250,000

I think they went a bit hard on the Steelers & Pouncey, and I think they should have fined Garrett personally.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    NFL Suspends Myles Garrett Indefinitely, Maurkice Pouncey For 3 Games And Fines Both Steelers And Browns $250,000

I think they went a bit hard on the Steelers & Pouncey, and I think they should have fined Garrett personally.
    Oh shit, already? And an excellent decision with Garrett to see the seriousness of his "football playing"

I think 3 for Pouncey is maybe a game too much, but since this season stinks anyway, and he was defending his QB, I'm ok with it.

And I can see the fines to both teams, although I think it should have been uneven, and in the Steelers favor.

Garrett is out for minimum the rest of this season. And needs commissioner approval for reinstatement next season.

RESPECT to the Browns as an organization for their quick apology to Mason and the Steelers.

Here's the NFL's statement:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Browns should drop him. Suspend him rest of the year and 6 games of next year. The NFL should fine him $1 million. I also believe the local police in Cleveland where the game took place should file assault charges. Do all of that and PROVE player safety intention to me. That will also make others think 2x about pulling something like this again.

If that was even a Steelers player I would be embarrassed for him and calling for his head.

And the first idiot that tries bringing race into this should also be suspended.

I’ll bring race into it! It’s a hate crime. As long as we’re still using those laws, let’s use it for black on white assaults, too.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I knew it was coming!!

And from Garrett himself no less. He says not a peep about racism during the game. He didn't state so after the game, nor the next day. He made no mention of it went he sent out his various apologies, one of which was to Rudolph. The league suspends him and still not a peep from him.

He had his appeal yesterday, and what a time to bring up something to mitigate his own actions, by accusing and degrading another man, and IMO obviously made up.

---

Garrett reportedly said Rudolph used racial slur before brawl; NFL upholds Garrett's indefinite suspension

During his appeal of an indefinite suspension, Myles Garrett dropped a bombshell about his brawl with Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph.

According to ESPN, Garrett said Rudolph used a racial slur before the fight that led to Garrett ripping off Rudolph’s helmet and hitting him in the head with it. Sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Josina Anderson that Garrett told appeals officer James Thrash about the racial slur during Wednesday’s appeal hearing.

Garrett’s indefinite suspension was upheld, the league announced on Thursday.

Rudolph has not been punished for his role in the fight, though he is expected to be fined. Through the Steelers and his agent, Rudolph denied using a racial slur during last Thursday night’s game.

Mason Rudolph ‘vehemently denies’ using racial slur

The Steelers quickly released a statement with Rudolph’s denial.

"Mason vehemently denies the report of being accused of using a racial slur during the incident Thursday night in Cleveland," Steelers spokesman Burt Lauten said in a statement. "He will not discuss this accusation any further and his focus remains on preparation for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals."

Rudolph’s agents also put out a statement calling Garrett’s claim “reckless and shameful.”

Garrett did not bring up the racial slur after the game. Rudolph said Wednesday he said nothing to provoke Garrett. Thursday, when the news dropped, some of Garrett’s Browns teammates were taken by surprise, according to ESPN’s Jake Trotter.

Rudolph was reportedly scheduled to speak following Steelers practice Thursday, but that changed following news of Garrett’s allegation, per The Athletic’s Mark Kaboly.

Teammate Cam Heyward came out strong in defense of Rudolph.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...183523150.html