Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I’m not super OCD, but put me at a table, and I will rearrange the things on the table until they seem to me to be in the perfect position. Glasses, salt and pepper, etc. And when we’re done eating, I struggle to not stack the dirty plates if I’m in a restaurant.

And I have a fruit bowl on my island which must have the pattern facing just the right way, I.e., the sunflower has to face the doorway. And the fruit inside must be arranged so that they look balanced and all types showing.

Reading all that, I sound weird.

What should worry you is I see NOTHING wrong with that. Doesn't everybody do it?

When I was living at this "live there" motel, the maid would come once a week to do the major cleaning stuff. I would clean the room before she got there . And I DO stack the dishes at restaurants
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What should worry you is I see NOTHING wrong with that. Doesn't everybody do it?

When I was living at this "live there" motel, the maid would come once a week to do the major cleaning stuff. I would clean the room before she got there . And I DO stack the dishes at restaurants
    My family cracks up at me, lol.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    My family cracks up at me, lol.
    My daughter teases me about it. I annoy everyone else. The kitchen, and upstairs and downstairs living rooms are arranged the way I want them. It's that or don't ask me to babysit. And it could be pitch black in my room and I can find anything I want in a minute.

Just making my bed every day has them rolling their eyes at me.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Time. So in its infinite wisdom, the Marine Corps gave me a class on time management once. I have been insane since It's one reason civilians drive me nuts. Just screwing around doing nothing. The essence is if you take all the time you are doing nothing and add something constructive you can accomplish during it you'll be faster and more efficient. It is NOT however something you tell someone who is OC.

For instance when cooking ... I'm cleaning the whole time. The dishes are usually done when dinner is and if they're not, I'll stop eating and finish them. Then I can eat Not my daughter. When she cooks it's 100 dishes and they're piled in the sink to do "later". I sometimes wonder what it si I ever taught her

8. Likes SassyLady, NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I'm definitely NOT OCD!

I'm organized, but not obsessively.

I'm efficient which means idon't have to always be doing something to get things accomplished. I love my down time .. to just chill ... read, watch animals out back, play games. Which is why I get things done efficiently so I have time to veg and chill.

And, I never feel compelled to get up and find something to do when other people decide to get up and do something. My roommate drives me nuts. Her will be sitting down reaching or TV and if I decide to do something in kitchen or outside he feels compelled to get up and do something. Says he feels guilty if I'm doing something and he's just sitting there. Doesn't bother me if he decides to sit.
    Last edited by SassyLady; 11-17-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

10. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm definitely NOT OCD!

I'm efficient which means idon't have to always be doing something to get things accomplished. I love my down time .. to just chill ... read, watch animals out back, play games. Which is why I get things done efficiently so I have time to veg and chill.

And, I never feel compelled to get up and find something to do when other people decide to get up and do something. My roommate drives me nuts. Her will be sitting down reaching or TV and if I decide to do something in kitchen or outside he feels compelled to get up and do something. Says he feels guilty if I'm doing something and he's just sitting there. Doesn't bother me if he decides to sit.
    The intent is to do what you do. Bust through all the crap I have to do as fast and efficiently as possible so I can do whatever later.

First monkeywrench in the works is the grandson and his non-schedule. If I can get up at 4:45 and roll straight through before he wakes up, that's a good day. If he's up when my daughter and kids leave then it's "as it comes" and takes infinitely longer.

Second is I never run out of stuff to do and I WILL go find something if all the usual stuff is done. This kind of goes into what NT's Girl says above.

I can't sit still. That's a non-happening event. I don't remember the last time I've watched an entire TV show, much less a movie. Taking me to a theater is a bust from the word go. If they'd let me vacuum the floor I'd probably be okay

Even when I'm posting on the board. I can get maybe 1,2 or 3 posts in and I'm out of this chair and fiddling with something and I'll come back. There is no down time.

For me, that is the price of sobriety. The ONLY way I know how to shut myself down is to tie one on. And I do that by the aforementioned rules. OCD and booze do NOT go together. Still booze in the bottle? Unacceptable. That's got to be drank. Ran out? There's more at the store. The problem with me and booze was symptomatic to the OCD. When your brain won't shut down you either shit it down or you WILL flame out. It's a match made in Hell.

I can deal with the OCD on its own; whereas, add booze to the equation and I am able to deal with neither.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Here's something no one has mentioned: OCD. There's OCD then there's ME. So I start out to get a plain, white pair of basketball shoes. Good ones, 90s style. I now have 4 pair and am eyeballing another. Because I "need" them Never mind the last basketball game I played in was the day I retired from the Marine Corps.

I have 18 pr of jeans, close to new because we hardly wear long pants here. But I needed them. And when I say "need", I'll almost go into a panic attack once I have decided I need them, until I get them. Then I need a spare in case something happens to the original. At least as many shirts.

And I never go anywhere

No wonder my first wife hates me In the 80s it was guns and trucks. Can get pricey
    For me it's still guns and trucks...

I traded in that new 2018 Chevy High Country truck already. Was back in the shop for the second time with transmission problems and I wasn't going to have any of it, not with only 2,900 miles on it. So I got a new 2019 LTZ with the Max Trailering Package, rare truck, was special ordered and then the person decided they wanted a 3/4 ton, but the Max Trailering Package comes with a heavier duty rear end with larger ring and pinion gear, and lower gears, bigger rear springs, bigger radiator, bigger alternator, bunch of stuff. I love it, but for sure, they ding you every time you trade in, even with GM kicking in almost $4K because of the transmission problems with the other truck, I still took a good hit. This new truck BETTER be trouble free. I has the new 10 speed transmission too, which is supposed to be a much better transmission than the 8 speed.
    I bought another rifle. Found exactly what I wanted at the last gun show, a Remington 700, bolt action, black composite stock, brushed steel with a muzzle brake in 300 Winchester Mag. I did sell a gun at the show though so I only spent a couple hundred extra.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-17-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm definitely NOT OCD!

I definitely like my down time too. Not to say that I don't stay busy because I do, but I make sure to get sit down and do nothing time too, just usually later in the day.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Conversation is very interesting. Even the fish, even though I've never been fresh water fishing. Fished in a lot of different oceans/seas, but not so much as a pond or lake. I just liked fighting the fish. I always had to go with someone who would eat my catch because I don't like fish. It's mostly an excuse to drink beer with the boys in FL

Glad my daughter doesn't know y'all because her whole goal in life is to move to Alaska and she loves salmon. She hates the heat here. I told her one thing she would definitely do is remedy THAT issue

we have room and a car for ya just show up!
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

If you think getting Jim out of the house is hard ...

17. Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

@Abbey Good thing Jimbob created this thread

So I have been paying attention more to my "habits" since reading this thread. I happen to look at my laundry basket

My DIRTY laundry is separated -- darks, brights and whites -- into 3 stacks of folded, dirty laundry. It would drive me absolutely nuts every time I sate down at my desk where I can catch the laundry basket with my peripheral vision and just know it was messy

Thanks for the thread @jimnyc. I used to think I was somewhat normal

19. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

@Abbey Good thing Jimbob created this thread

So I have been paying attention more to my "habits" since reading this thread. I happen to look at my laundry basket

My DIRTY laundry is separated -- darks, brights and whites -- into 3 stacks of folded, dirty laundry. It would drive me absolutely nuts every time I sate down at my desk where I can catch the laundry basket with my peripheral vision and just know it was messy

Thanks for the thread @jimnyc. I used to think I was somewhat normal
    No Gunny is normal....ever!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    No Gunny is normal....ever!
    I'll take my compliments where I can get them, Sergeant Major

23. Likes CSM, Kathianne liked this post