Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
I'll tell ya, @Gunny... I finally looked online and found a bunch of new exercises I can do with this P2X, and some of them were like WOW, that's a GOOD ONE. Like the Close Grip Front Lat Pulldown, https://www.bodysolid.com/exercises/...t_lat_pulldown. I didn't want my work outs getting "stale," or boring, the same shit over and over. There's a bunch of different stuff to do, especially to isolate muscles, but, my damn right triceps holds me back some, pisses me off to think how I could be crushing it if I didn't have any nerve atrophy. But, I push past it. There's a tiny little sliver that works, and I swear, I think I might be increasing the strength in it. Can't quit regardless, and it'll never get better unless I push it.
The equivalent to lat pulldowns is I do pullups. Wide grip, over hand. Have to be able to do 20, dead hang each rep, to max on a Marine Corps PFT. I can get that about 5-7 at a time I haven't been on a lat pulldown machine since the last time I was in a Marine Corps gym in 2000. I used to could pull the whole stack. No idea now.

Don't know how you get stale. I do the same basic exercises. Mostly, squat-clean and press, bench press, and I work my arms. However, I can get about a dozen different exercises out of those basic movements that all support the squat-clean and press. The chest and arms is so I don't look like some hairless gorilla -- all back and quads I lift heavy (relative to me) and go about 10 sets per exercise. Usually 2 exercises per workout.

For one, the strength is what I want and it has improved a lot. My weight is still stuck at 180-ish. Two, it's about all I have time for. That's gotten worse, not better. I'm on a one day at a time, whenever I can during that day schedule. My best gains come during the summers and I just try and hang on for the school year.

I came up with a great plan (I didn't really but it sounds good ) if I get stale or bored. I just force myself to take a day off. And trust me, it IS forcing my OC self. Heard of it for years but getting off schedule is not how I'm wound. And I can feel the muscle shrinking and the fat collecting by the second when I do