Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Gunny...

@Gunny ... probably a stupid question bro but, are you still hittin' the iron?

Yeah I have been too. Actually been adding weight to the lifts more lately than any time else. I'm at that point. I wake up wanting to hit the the gym. I go to bed and think about what next to do on the gym. It's almost become an obsession. There really ain't nothin' that can take the place of pumping iron. I guess after awhile it's no longer about being healthy or whatever, it's more about just being addicted to it. Ya pump the iron for the endorphins.

2. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Fuckin' A... pump iron for life.

Way the heck back when I used to watch all star wrestling. Ya... how dumb... but the coolest dude to ever hit the wrestling was BIG PAPA PUMP...

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Fuckin' A... pump iron for life.

Way the heck back when I used to watch all star wrestling. Ya... how dumb... but the coolest dude to ever hit the wrestling was BIG PAPA PUMP...

Superstar Billy Graham. He's the reason I ever picked up a weight in the first place.

Scott Ricksteiner aka Scott Steiner aka Big Poppa Pump was a Superstar Billy Graham clone. And he wasn't even the best one. Hulk Hogan and Jesse Ventura were better. Dusty Rhodes got his rap from Graham. Quite a few others. Graham is credited (or hated depending on whether or not you are a pro wrestling "purist) for bringing pro wrestling in the 50s, 60s and 70s out of the plain, black trunks and boots and "legitimate" wrestling contests into the fast-talking, color, entertainment industry.

I will still watch "old school" pro wrestling because I have always thought it was funny as Hell. The crap they have now? Not a chance. It's not entertaining to me. I don't think people are dumb for watching something that entertains them. Now, if you have ANY kind of athletics in your background and you think one guy can hammer another's face in the corner for 30 seconds straight and that guy that got hammered is going to come back on the other dude and beat him, you got a problem with physics If I hammer your ass in a corner for 30 seconds straight you ain't coming back on jack nothing.

For those who call it "fake", give it a try. Most of the old school, real holds and take downs are real and work. I used to test that theory out on my brother The finish is predetermined. The wrestling is not. AND, something no one ever considers and I learned it in martial arts (I'm not a pro wrestler ) , but if you want to test your skills, try going through an entire match WITHOUT hurting your opponent but making it look real. It's easier to beat their ass. Not hurting someone is hard as Hell.

Like everything else life throws at you, someone has to come along and spoil the fun. I don't think I have watched wrestling in 20 years. I DID watch some Stone Cold Steve Austin back in the late 90 because my Marines started calling me Stone Cold. I was like, WTF is THAT? A pro wrestler that stole my damned gimmick is who . Right down to the shaved head and bad attitude As luck would have it, he is from Victoria and lives here and I ran across him in the airport one time taking my daughter to catch a flight.

This was when I was still at my biggest. TV doesn't do him justice. I felt like Mini-Me
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing that guy.

It was back around the time I was in the AF, second hitch, 1984 - 1987, that I watched the most wrestling. I know Big Papa Pump was after that though. I just got a kick out of how bulked up the dude was. Hulk Hogan was always fun to watch. Far as I'm concerned Hulk is the one that really kept All Star Wrestling alive when it was really going through some tough times. I liked Goldberg too, and he's still around with different stuff.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-17-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I don't remember ever seeing that guy.

It was back around the time I was in the AF, second hitch, 1984 - 1987, that I watched the most wrestling. I know Big Papa Pump was after that though. I just got a kick out of how bulked up the dude was. Hulk Hogan was always fun to watch. Far as I'm concerned Hulk is the one that really kept All Star Wrestling alive when it was really going through some tough times. I liked Goldberg too, and he's still around with different stuff.
    Hulk Hogan got all his stuff from SBG. SBG was 70s. The video is from 77 when he was WWWF Champion. He STILL holds the record for most consecutive sellouts of MSG as WWWF (now WWE) Champion. Hulk Hogan would tell you that before his ego got in the way.

Scott Steiner and his brother Rick made it big as a babyface tag team in the late 80s - early 90s in WCW. He wasn't all roided out the. Both were collegiate wrestlers from U of Michigan. They were tag champs off and on for years. Scott decided to go solo, roided up and became Big Poppa Pump. Of course he turned heel by turning on his brother and beating his ass

He's has had constant injuries off and on since he bulked up. That and his RL attitude is probably what held him back. When he first came out as Big Poppa Pump, he was a SBG clone and IIRC even called himself "Superstar" before tweaking his gimmick and becoming BPP. I honestly never cared for him but the entertainment value in pro wrestling for me was gone by then.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Hulk Hogan got all his stuff from SBG. SBG was 70s. The video is from 77 when he was WWWF Champion. He STILL holds the record for most consecutive sellouts of MSG as WWWF (now WWE) Champion. Hulk Hogan would tell you that before his ego got in the way.

Scott Steiner and his brother Rick made it big as a babyface tag team in the late 80s - early 90s in WCW. He wasn't all roided out the. Both were collegiate wrestlers from U of Michigan. They were tag champs off and on for years. Scott decided to go solo, roided up and became Big Poppa Pump. Of course he turned heel by turning on his brother and beating his ass

He's has had constant injuries off and on since he bulked up. That and his RL attitude is probably what held him back. When he first came out as Big Poppa Pump, he was a SBG clone and IIRC even called himself "Superstar" before tweaking his gimmick and becoming BPP. I honestly never cared for him but the entertainment value in pro wrestling for me was gone by then.
    I see the advertisements for it still, and I've tried to watch a little here and there but, it's just boring, can't get interested.

I figured BPP was on roids.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I see the advertisements for it still, and I've tried to watch a little here and there but, it's just boring, can't get interested.

I figured BPP was on roids.
    The advertisements for what?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The advertisements for what?
    Wrestling... WWE.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Haven't watched it in years. I never really liked the WWWF/WWF/WWE. For us good ol' Southern boys it was a clown show. The NWA Champion was "the Man"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Superstar Billy Graham. He's the reason I ever picked up a weight in the first place.

Scott Ricksteiner aka Scott Steiner aka Big Poppa Pump was a Superstar Billy Graham clone. And he wasn't even the best one. Hulk Hogan and Jesse Ventura were better. Dusty Rhodes got his rap from Graham. Quite a few others. Graham is credited (or hated depending on whether or not you are a pro wrestling "purist) for bringing pro wrestling in the 50s, 60s and 70s out of the plain, black trunks and boots and "legitimate" wrestling contests into the fast-talking, color, entertainment industry.

I will still watch "old school" pro wrestling because I have always thought it was funny as Hell. The crap they have now? Not a chance. It's not entertaining to me. I don't think people are dumb for watching something that entertains them. Now, if you have ANY kind of athletics in your background and you think one guy can hammer another's face in the corner for 30 seconds straight and that guy that got hammered is going to come back on the other dude and beat him, you got a problem with physics If I hammer your ass in a corner for 30 seconds straight you ain't coming back on jack nothing.

For those who call it "fake", give it a try. Most of the old school, real holds and take downs are real and work. I used to test that theory out on my brother The finish is predetermined. The wrestling is not. AND, something no one ever considers and I learned it in martial arts (I'm not a pro wrestler ) , but if you want to test your skills, try going through an entire match WITHOUT hurting your opponent but making it look real. It's easier to beat their ass. Not hurting someone is hard as Hell.

Like everything else life throws at you, someone has to come along and spoil the fun. I don't think I have watched wrestling in 20 years. I DID watch some Stone Cold Steve Austin back in the late 90 because my Marines started calling me Stone Cold. I was like, WTF is THAT? A pro wrestler that stole my damned gimmick is who . Right down to the shaved head and bad attitude As luck would have it, he is from Victoria and lives here and I ran across him in the airport one time taking my daughter to catch a flight.

This was when I was still at my biggest. TV doesn't do him justice. I felt like Mini-Me

For me the 90s were the high for pro wrestling. Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Scott Steiner those guys put on a show. Oh also, Trish Stratus , Sable, Stacy Keebler, and my favorite Torrie Wilson.

This crap today, bleh.

Just for fun, Torrie Wilson

s-l300.jpg

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'll tell ya, @Gunny... I finally looked online and found a bunch of new exercises I can do with this P2X, and some of them were like WOW, that's a GOOD ONE. Like the Close Grip Front Lat Pulldown, https://www.bodysolid.com/exercises/...t_lat_pulldown. I didn't want my work outs getting "stale," or boring, the same shit over and over. There's a bunch of different stuff to do, especially to isolate muscles, but, my damn right triceps holds me back some, pisses me off to think how I could be crushing it if I didn't have any nerve atrophy. But, I push past it. There's a tiny little sliver that works, and I swear, I think I might be increasing the strength in it. Can't quit regardless, and it'll never get better unless I push it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-20-2019 at 09:49 AM.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'll tell ya, @Gunny... I finally looked online and found a bunch of new exercises I can do with this P2X, and some of them were like WOW, that's a GOOD ONE. Like the Close Grip Front Lat Pulldown, https://www.bodysolid.com/exercises/...t_lat_pulldown. I didn't want my work outs getting "stale," or boring, the same shit over and over. There's a bunch of different stuff to do, especially to isolate muscles, but, my damn right triceps holds me back some, pisses me off to think how I could be crushing it if I didn't have any nerve atrophy. But, I push past it. There's a tiny little sliver that works, and I swear, I think I might be increasing the strength in it. Can't quit regardless, and it'll never get better unless I push it.
    I'm not blowing this off. I just have to get to it when I have enough time to not give some half-answers.

20. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    For me the 90s were the high for pro wrestling. Stone Cold, The Rock, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Scott Steiner those guys put on a show. Oh also, Trish Stratus , Sable, Stacy Keebler, and my favorite Torrie Wilson.

This crap today, bleh.

Just for fun, Torrie Wilson

s-l300.jpg
    One gets the impression that regardless the venue you're more interested in the eye candy than the event