I saw that in the headlines and instantly got a confused headache. Then I saw this article. Are these people truly that dense, truly that stupid? I even saw someone or 2 kinda run with it in the past and lower numbers, but inflated still. Don't people think? Their numbers are bullshit.

C'mon now news folks, start please telling the truth.

It's obvious the scare tactics. But I'm more concerned about stupidity than I am guns, by far. And sometimes intellectual dishonesty and/or using it to spread crap to the dummy masses.

A non-profit, anti-gun crappy group adding up numbers that don't add up. Look for the FBI and DOJ stats for reality when they come out.

--

CBS News Claims More Mass Shootings than Days This Year

In the wake of the November 14, Santa Clarita, California, school attack CBS News claimed there have been more mass shootings than days to this point in 2019.

CBS News points to figures from the Gun Violence Archive (GVA) suggesting there have been 366 mass shootings during the first 319 days of 2019.

Ironically, GVA has long reported higher numbers of mass shootings than other outlets because they define mass shootings differently. Whereas the FBI defines a mass shooting as four or more killed in one incident, not counting the attacker. The GVA considers an incident a “mass shooting” even if there are no deaths. The GVA definition is broadened to include “FOUR or more shot and/or killed in a single event [incident],” not counting the attacker.

Because of this, their count of incidents contains FBI-verified mass shootings, such as Virginia Beach (May 31, 2019), El Paso (August 3, 2019), Dayton, Ohio (August 4, 2019), Odessa / Midland (August 31, 2019), but also counts a November 11, 2019 shooting in Florida where there were no casualties. They count a November 10, 2019, shooting in Kansas City, a shooting that same day in Little Rock, Arkansas, and a November 9, 2019, shooting in Vidalia, Georgia, none of which had casualties.

In fact, approximately 173 of GVA’s 366 “mass shootings” had zero fatalities, and this is to say nothing about the untold number of incidents with one casualty that they counted as a “mass shooting” as well.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ays-this-year/

Here is the CBS article:

There have been more mass shootings than days this year

The number of mass shootings across the U.S. thus far in 2019 has outpaced the number of days this year, according to a gun violence research group. This puts 2019 on pace to be the first year since 2016 with an average of more than one mass shooting a day.

As of November 15, which is the 319th day of the year, there have been 366 mass shootings in the U.S., according to data from the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive (GVA), which tracks every mass shooting in the country. The GVA defines a mass shooting as any incident in which at least four people were shot, excluding the shooter.

The toll of 366 mass shootings includes several high-profile, mass casualty attacks, two of which happened within 24 hours of each other:

• A shooting at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, California, on November 14, with two teenage students killed and three wounded. The suspect, a 16-year-old student, was in grave condition after shooting himself in the head.
  • A drive-by shooting spree in Odessa and Midland, Texas, on August 31, with seven people killed and 24 wounded
  • A shooting in a historic district of Dayton, Ohio, on August 4, with nine people killed and 27 injured.
  • A shooting at Walmart in El Paso, Texas, on August 3, with 22 people killed and at least 24 wounded. It was the deadliest shooting of the year.
  • A shooting in a municipal building in Virginia Beach, on May 31, where a former city employee killed 12 people and wounded four.

The GVA said there have been a total of 34,156 gun deaths — including homicides, suicides and accidents — and 25,786 injuries, as of November 15.

Rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-sh...inkId=77118735