Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Greggs customer demands compensation after worker joked about her visiting every day

This is a marketplace type store or whatever in the UK, this "Greggs".

I would never normally complain about something like this, especially something like this. Someone dealing with anxiety and social issues. It's not my place to decide how they feel, or how they should interpret what someone says to them in public. From everything she states herself, it kind of sounded completely harmless discussion from a worker, maybe truly was hitting on her. She's kinda a cute young looking gal.

What I do have a problem with is demanding any type of compensation, or trying to get folks fired. And I have an issue with her jumping all over social media with this - if she has social anxiety issues. And I have an issue with her being outside talking to news agencies, when she has such anxiety. And the amount of attention she has knowingly been drawing to herself. It just doesn't seem right or add up. I don't think the lad meant any harm. Eat elsewhere and move on with your life.

--

Greggs customer demands compensation after worker ‘joked about her visiting every day’

A GREGGS customer demanded compensation after she claimed a worker joked about her visiting every day.

Kathy Readon was left fuming after an employee at her local branch in Alton, Hants, joked "you're in here every day, you're going to get sick of this eventually".

The 21-year-old responded that she couldn't afford to eat at the store every day - but says the man continued his "banter".

Furious, Kathy took to Facebook on Wednesday to name the staff member and store and demand an explanation from the snack giant why she had received a "dressing down" for being a regular.

'HE MADE FUN OF ME'

Following her complaint, Kathy says Greggs issued her an apology, a £6.00 voucher and said that "things are going to be done" as the staff member's conduct had been flagged to the area manager.

Kathy eventually deleted her post when some comments suggested she had "overreacted".

However she defended her complaint and explained that due to anxiety, the staff member's joke was like her "worst fears all happening all at once".

Kathy, from Guildford, Hants, said: "Literally all that happened was I went in - I am a regular there, I work down the road and have been doing so for a year.

"I'm very anxious, I don't really talk to people. But I went in, I ordered what I normally order and I think he was trying to be banterous with me but it did not come off that way.

"He essentially just made fun of me for ordering pizza and it kind of felt like he was making fun of unhealthy habits.

"It came across like he was picking on me. There were other people in the store and he kept saying that I was in there every single day.

"I wish I had the income that would allow me to be at Greggs every single day but I don't.

"When I said this he argued with me about it. During the interaction I also told him he was making me feel very anxious and he ignored it.

"I have lots of mental health things so I fear public interaction on a daily basis. I'm always worried that something like that is going to happen. I invent it in my head.

"But then it did happen in real life and it was like my worst fears all happening all at once."

ANXIETY

On her public Facebook post Kathy wrote: "Um is it normal for staff to pick on you if you order the same thing more than once?

"A guy [name redacted] in Alton Greggs just gave me a dress down for being a regular and my anxiety might never let me go in again.

"He also made fun of me for being a regular, don't know how that fits into your business plan."

When commenter Dave Freeman said 'he's just flirting with you', Kathy responded: "Hello brand new Facebook account that is definitely not someone trying to hide their identity / probably an Alton Greggs employee."

Facebook user Kathryn Smith then asked: "Did he give you a 'dress down' or did you over-react? Sounds like the latter to me."

Kathy said she was "happy" with Greggs response.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/103537...ensation-joke/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

People with social anxiety issues don't put themselves in the middle of an attention circus. I have social anxiety issues and if I was offended I wouldn't even comment. I just wouldn't return.

The very idea of what I would have to go through publicly to get any "compensation" would make me break out in hives
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    People with social anxiety issues don't put themselves in the middle of an attention circus. I have social anxiety issues and if I was offended I wouldn't even comment. I just wouldn't return.

The very idea of what I would have to go through publicly to get any "compensation" would make me break out in hives
    I already spoke about my anxiety - and what I do is simply avoid all situations and potential situations that I know are things that are likely to give me anxiety, or get my blood going and piss me off...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I already spoke about my anxiety - and what I do is simply avoid all situations and potential situations that I know are things that are likely to give me anxiety, or get my blood going and piss me off...
    Wait until you get some in-laws
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Wait until you get some in-laws
    Been there and done that and had the anxiety!!! And then they got a little older, didn't like the place the had near us, bought a place 1500 miles away in Florida in a 55+ community. God bless them!

8. Likes Kathianne liked this post