Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Impeachment Cost

Actually the article below spurred this thought in my head. First thought is that I think everyone is tiring of all the non-stop drama, name callings, investigations, obstruction & lack of things being done.

So I wonder, what does it cost in total to impeach someone? I read one place that said in today's market it's cost is around $2 million dollars. I laughed instantly. They do say that the Clinton impeachment back then cost $1.2 million, so perhaps it is true. But I think the blanket expectations of costs are different in today's environment.

I think the things in total being completely ignored are "costly" to us Americans as well. How many things are being ignored? Worse is the thought of how many things being obstructed. And alllllllllllll that playing around they do in DC is costing us money every day. The amount of lawyers that the democrats brought in for Russia for example with Mueller, and now here - don't they count, or is everyone working for free? And considering the Des spend every waking hour trying to figure out how to get rid of an elected president, it's got to be adding up over time. I think 2 million is laughingly low. But I don't think that takes into account everything from beginning to end though? Maybe they are just speaking from the minute actual impeachment articles start and proceedings start? I dunno.

---

Gaetz: My Constituents Question Congress Concerns over Russia-Ukraine Instead of U.S.-Mexico Border

Saturday on Fox News Channel’s “Watters’ World,” Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said his constituents were questioning the focus on the Russia-Ukraine border in Congress instead of the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Florida Republican chalked the Ukraine controversy up to a disagreement in policy and not an issue that rises to the level of impeachment.

“I think what’s particularly offensive about Brian Stelter’s take is that he presumes that if he and his buddies at CNN can just explain to the American people enough that he is going to fundamentally alter what they care about,” he said. “You know what my constituents were wondering? They were wondering why we were watching about three hours of policy arguments over the Russia-Ukraine border when we’re not doing nearly enough on the U.S.-Mexico border. This all looks like hearsay marinated in a policy disagreement salted with a good amount of emotion and resentment.

“What the President did, we’ve learned at the end of the week is recall an Ambassador that he had lost confidence in and that President Zelensky had lost confidence in and then you have these folks who are part of permanent Washington who seem to have oscillating views,” Gaetz continued. “You had the Obama administration who think that we should send the Ukrainians MREs and blankets. Then you had folks in the Trump administration wanting to send Javelins. You’ve got President Trump himself worried about corruption in the Ukraine. And ultimately, President Trump delivers aid — lethal aid that the Obama administration didn’t. Give me a break. If they think this is a basis for impeachment. It’s barely the basis to hold a hearing.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mexico-border/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Actually the article below spurred this thought in my head. First thought is that I think everyone is tiring of all the non-stop drama, name callings, investigations, obstruction & lack of things being done.

So I wonder, what does it cost in total to impeach someone? I read one place that said in today's market it's cost is around $2 million dollars. I laughed instantly. They do say that the Clinton impeachment back then cost $1.2 million, so perhaps it is true. But I think the blanket expectations of costs are different in today's environment.

I think the things in total being completely ignored are "costly" to us Americans as well. How many things are being ignored? Worse is the thought of how many things being obstructed. And alllllllllllll that playing around they do in DC is costing us money every day. The amount of lawyers that the democrats brought in for Russia for example with Mueller, and now here - don't they count, or is everyone working for free? And considering the Des spend every waking hour trying to figure out how to get rid of an elected president, it's got to be adding up over time. I think 2 million is laughingly low. But I don't think that takes into account everything from beginning to end though? Maybe they are just speaking from the minute actual impeachment articles start and proceedings start? I dunno.

---

Gaetz: My Constituents Question Congress Concerns over Russia-Ukraine Instead of U.S.-Mexico Border

Saturday on Fox News Channel’s “Watters’ World,” Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said his constituents were questioning the focus on the Russia-Ukraine border in Congress instead of the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Florida Republican chalked the Ukraine controversy up to a disagreement in policy and not an issue that rises to the level of impeachment.

“I think what’s particularly offensive about Brian Stelter’s take is that he presumes that if he and his buddies at CNN can just explain to the American people enough that he is going to fundamentally alter what they care about,” he said. “You know what my constituents were wondering? They were wondering why we were watching about three hours of policy arguments over the Russia-Ukraine border when we’re not doing nearly enough on the U.S.-Mexico border. This all looks like hearsay marinated in a policy disagreement salted with a good amount of emotion and resentment.

“What the President did, we’ve learned at the end of the week is recall an Ambassador that he had lost confidence in and that President Zelensky had lost confidence in and then you have these folks who are part of permanent Washington who seem to have oscillating views,” Gaetz continued. “You had the Obama administration who think that we should send the Ukrainians MREs and blankets. Then you had folks in the Trump administration wanting to send Javelins. You’ve got President Trump himself worried about corruption in the Ukraine. And ultimately, President Trump delivers aid — lethal aid that the Obama administration didn’t. Give me a break. If they think this is a basis for impeachment. It’s barely the basis to hold a hearing.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...mexico-border/
    I think it's a legit question. If you tack on the Mueller Folly cost to the current dog-n-pony show, one has to wonder just how much wall could have been built. How many more Border Patrol agents it would fund. How much more aid could be given to refugees on the border we seem to be at least partially-funding. How much more time and effort Congress could be putting into solving the aforementioned.

Just goes to show you how much the Dems hate the President. I mean, WHO are these investigations for? The American people? The American people have been back-burnered in favor of partisan lynch mobs.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke