Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Dirtbag Football Sunday

And NO, I do not have my colors aka Steelers Jersey and towel or anything, as they played on Thursday night!

So even worse than your normal dirtbag sunday.... But got my lucky t-shirt on, my favorite hat (and I have MANY), and didn't shave today. Ok, who am I kidding, haven't shaved in like 3 weeks! LOL My beard stuff grows slow, and now its coming out gray!!! Damn!!

I'm actually just playing here bored in my computer room. Games on in front of me on DirecTV on my computer. This is a new little indoor Wifi cam I got as a gift of sorts. Its on top of my computer for testing. That little light just above the date/time is the power button, and you even see an extra MIC jack on the computer. Then you see me and my fishy tank! I take care of that thing and the little unkillable crayfish in there better than I do myself.

Anyway, the cam quality is listed is 1080 and is, but quality still isn't all that great. And when I turn it on/off via my phone it often has trouble connecting. But once on, it also detects movement, and can also detect a few other alarms in your home. Also 2 way audio on the little sucker. I'm still not a big fan of it after testing though. Oh, also has night vision!! Ok, it's not that bad. It's just that connection issue at first....

And yes, I'm getting blinder as each day goes on and desperately need to get to the vision doc and get real glasses, not just reading glasses.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Actually, in addition to the games, I have many tabs of news open on my screen. If you look close on the bottom left of my screen, doesn't that look like Trump? I could be wrong! It's no longer there so I can't tell for sure, but think that's him. LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And NO, I do not have my colors aka Steelers Jersey and towel or anything, as they played on Thursday night!

So even worse than your normal dirtbag sunday.... But got my lucky t-shirt on, my favorite hat (and I have MANY), and didn't shave today. Ok, who am I kidding, haven't shaved in like 3 weeks! LOL My beard stuff grows slow, and now its coming out gray!!! Damn!!

I'm actually just playing here bored in my computer room. Games on in front of me on DirecTV on my computer. This is a new little indoor Wifi cam I got as a gift of sorts. Its on top of my computer for testing. That little light just above the date/time is the power button, and you even see an extra MIC jack on the computer. Then you see me and my fishy tank! I take care of that thing and the little unkillable crayfish in there better than I do myself.

Anyway, the cam quality is listed is 1080 and is, but quality still isn't all that great. And when I turn it on/off via my phone it often has trouble connecting. But once on, it also detects movement, and can also detect a few other alarms in your home. Also 2 way audio on the little sucker. I'm still not a big fan of it after testing though. Oh, also has night vision!! Ok, it's not that bad. It's just that connection issue at first....

And yes, I'm getting blinder as each day goes on and desperately need to get to the vision doc and get real glasses, not just reading glasses.

You telling me I got all dressed up and shaved for nothing?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You telling me I got all dressed up and shaved for nothing?
    That's exactly what I am saying! It's Sunday! The man above forbids us working, and shaving and showering and all that not fun stuff is work!

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

That's exactly what I am saying! It's Sunday! The man above forbids us working, and shaving and showering and all that not fun stuff is work!
    I didn't say I was going to DO anything

However, and in light of the other thread, I HAVE to shave, shower and put on clean, REAL clothes. It separates me from past bad habits that had me laying around for days without showering or shaving. A clean shirt will get you to the liquor store and back I didn't like THAT person any more than anyone else did. So I keep my distance

But the chores are done and I am all set to go ... nowhere and do nothing Don't even have the rugrat today. Yet, anyway. Football for me was yesterday and I missed it.

We are in the middle of switching from cable to streaming. And I can't find sh*t. Or we don't have it. First lesson and even *I* figured it out ... the daughter's old cable speed is not up to speed She's going to have to shell out for that, like it or not. We currently get a lot of interruptions and dragging.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You look lie you've lost weight since the last pic I saw of you.

11. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jim, you look like you’ve lost a lot of weight.

ETA: I just saw your similar post, Gunny, lol.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You look lie you've lost weight since the last pic I saw of you.
    Yeps, I have, and a lot! And actually made my Dad and brother nervous when they visited. When you barely see someone and see them for the first time in eons, such changes are amplified to them. Yet the doctor, who I just had a physical with a few weeks ago... NEW doc to me.... I asked her about my weight but didn't say why. She just said that for my height, which I say 5'9 but is more like 5'8 3/4, and a small framed guy, but even if you said medium, and at my age - she said she would expect anywhere from 142 - 160 like I read, give or take of course as everyone is different. She said I was absolutely perfect at 154.

I WAS all the way up to 224 and a fat bastard for my size. Not really, but I like to say that. So I set out to lose weight and eat better. The working out and sauna didn't stick with me long term, but eventually the eating better did! Not only was I eating better, but was avoiding all of that late night crap I used to do, as in a few thousand calories of garbage sometimes while watching a movie at 9pm!! No more. Also quit all sodas, no more sugars. Only vitamin water, then eventually it was just regular water. And because of my coffee, healthy or not, I rarely eat in the morning. So it added up and took quite awhile, but took a lot off.

But took some convincing to my brother that I wasn't dying! Jerk got on me so much about it that I got nervous about my own health. But everything came back within range. My cholesterol is better than ever. Only thing was low vitamin D - what a shock - since me and sunlight aren't friends anymore.

Anyway, yes, I lost some weight.

15. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady, Abbey Marie, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Weight loss was first thing I noticed as well. Congratulations on healthy eating Jim.

I'm having avery casual Sunday as well ... no shower, makeup, etc. ... but NASCAR championship race, not football, for me today.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

17. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Yeps, I have, and a lot! And actually made my Dad and brother nervous when they visited. When you barely see someone and see them for the first time in eons, such changes are amplified to them. Yet the doctor, who I just had a physical with a few weeks ago... NEW doc to me.... I asked her about my weight but didn't say why. She just said that for my height, which I say 5'9 but is more like 5'8 3/4, and a small framed guy, but even if you said medium, and at my age - she said she would expect anywhere from 142 - 160 like I read, give or take of course as everyone is different. She said I was absolutely perfect at 154.

I WAS all the way up to 224 and a fat bastard for my size. Not really, but I like to say that. So I set out to lose weight and eat better. The working out and sauna didn't stick with me long term, but eventually the eating better did! Not only was I eating better, but was avoiding all of that late night crap I used to do, as in a few thousand calories of garbage sometimes while watching a movie at 9pm!! No more. Also quit all sodas, no more sugars. Only vitamin water, then eventually it was just regular water. And because of my coffee, healthy or not, I rarely eat in the morning. So it added up and took quite awhile, but took a lot off.

But took some convincing to my brother that I wasn't dying! Jerk got on me so much about it that I got nervous about my own health. But everything came back within range. My cholesterol is better than ever. Only thing was low vitamin D - what a shock - since me and sunlight aren't friends anymore.

Interesting. I'm an inch taller than you and at 155 I looked like I could be the Cryptkeeper from Tales from the Crypt But my weight loss was drastic -- 205 -155 in 2 weeks. I weight 183 now and I'm talking shit about the 3 because it took me 2 years to gain it I think I'm more medium frame though.

I didn't think you were dying though I think the last time I saw you was when you went and met OCA and video'd it. There's a noticeable difference.

You look okay to me. That grey comes with the territory Just don't do the "Just for Men". That is SO recognizable (Not as bad as Grecian Formula but close). You don't need to look like the "My Pillow" guy on TV

19. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Maybe I look fatter after I shaved? And perhaps better looking in B&W and get rid of my many blemishes! I think I look much better without color in my life.

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Maybe I look fatter after I shaved? And perhaps better looking in B&W and get rid of my many blemishes! I think I look much better without color in my life.

I didn't mean for you to run off and shave

My opinion, you look younger with the shave.

23. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Sounds like we revamped our diets about the same way. I cut out all sugar, then started reading labels and cutting out fat, quit eating crap out of cans and frozen boxes, no more pop, and "after 8:00, it's too late," etc. I lost 25 lbs and kinda leveled off around 200. I'm back up to 207 but it's not from around my waist. It has to be from all the working out and packing on some muscle. I've shrunk an inch at 64 years old so I'm only 6' 1". I kinda look like a tree trunk...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-17-2019 at 06:10 PM.

25. Likes SassyLady, LongTermGuy liked this post