Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Okeechobee, Fl
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks (Given)
    2725
    Thanks (Received)
    3954
    Likes (Given)
    767
    Likes (Received)
    430
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12151135

    Default U.S. Coast Guard ship to be sold

    A 76- year-old former U.S. Coast Guard ship that was one of the first vessels to pass through the indomitable Northwest Passage and circumnavigate the entire North American continent, will be auctioned off on the steps of the U.S. District Courthouse in Mobile at Noon on Dec. 4.

    More here;
    https://www.al.com/news/2019/11/hist...VN9MnZ47mozhZs
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.




  2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,890
    Thanks (Given)
    21141
    Thanks (Received)
    19308
    Likes (Given)
    153
    Likes (Received)
    4062
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    A 76- year-old former U.S. Coast Guard ship that was one of the first vessels to pass through the indomitable Northwest Passage and circumnavigate the entire North American continent, will be auctioned off on the steps of the U.S. District Courthouse in Mobile at Noon on Dec. 4.

    More here;
    https://www.al.com/news/2019/11/hist...VN9MnZ47mozhZs
    We got 2 coasties, a squid and a jarhead on the board. We should go in on this boat. Y'know, just to cruise around and scare the crap out of people
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  4. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post
    Likes Bilgerat liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Okeechobee, Fl
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks (Given)
    2725
    Thanks (Received)
    3954
    Likes (Given)
    767
    Likes (Received)
    430
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12151135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    We got 2 coasties, a squid and a jarhead on the board. We should go in on this boat. Y'know, just to cruise around and scare the crap out of people
    I love it!
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.




  6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Okeechobee, Fl
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks (Given)
    2725
    Thanks (Received)
    3954
    Likes (Given)
    767
    Likes (Received)
    430
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12151135

    Default

    She's sold, and went for $80,000.00

    https://www.thetimesherald.com/story...5aiZ7iFZiaU2Rc
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.




  8. Likes Kathianne liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    50
    Thanks (Given)
    8
    Thanks (Received)
    9
    Likes (Given)
    86
    Likes (Received)
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    214756

    Default

    If something like this ever comes up for sale again let us know, I'm in for at least $25,000 on such a boat, even if it's just to ram it into something interesting, like Martha's Vineyard. It'd be worth $25,000 to see the look on their ritzy faces.

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Okeechobee, Fl
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks (Given)
    2725
    Thanks (Received)
    3954
    Likes (Given)
    767
    Likes (Received)
    430
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12151135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Dogger View Post
    If something like this ever comes up for sale again let us know, I'm in for at least $25,000 on such a boat, even if it's just to ram it into something interesting, like Martha's Vineyard. It'd be worth $25,000 to see the look on their ritzy faces.

    You can always look here; https://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/...41QSCI20206011
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.




  11. Likes Hot Dogger liked this post
  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,817
    Thanks (Given)
    937
    Thanks (Received)
    3706
    Likes (Given)
    504
    Likes (Received)
    798
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17759641

    Default

    If you are going to buy a cutter, I wanna go too. I can be the token Army guy....
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson


  13. Thanks Bilgerat, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Bilgerat liked this post
  14. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Okeechobee, Fl
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks (Given)
    2725
    Thanks (Received)
    3954
    Likes (Given)
    767
    Likes (Received)
    430
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12151135

    Default And here we go again



    The former
    USCG Cutter Morris WSC-147 was built in 1927 and decommissioned in 1970. The 125-Foot Alert Class Cutter has operated by the Sea Scouts and based in West Sacramento, California. It was the last of the Active Class cutters to be decommissioned.

    More here: https://www.passagemaker.com/cruiser...HNDi8Bmzee0qoA
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.




  15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums