Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Libs Upset Pres Bush Calls Them Democrat Party

Libs by their nature love to bitch. However, they are showing how they will bitch about nothing

Liberals Smell A Rat: 'Democrat Party' Is A GOP Slur, A Smear, 'Jarring Verging On Ugly'
    Posted by Tim Graham on February 2, 2007 - 13:04.
    The amazing liberal vapors over President Bush’s use of the word "Democrat" to describe, er, Democrats, continues. In an NPR interview with Juan Williams, President Bush claimed it was a simple mistake in his State of the Union speech, but liberals quickly found more of these grievous offenses in searching speech texts at the White House website. Certain left-wing media critics who lay face down in worship at the feet of Hillary Clinton are now insisting that the word "Democrat" is a "smear" and an "oft-used Republican slur." The Washington Post and The New York Times each produced stories on Bush's denial of this microscopic scandal. (Clay Waters handled it at Times Watch here.)

But my favorite fuss comes from former Newsweek reporter and Carter speechwriter Hendrik Hertzberg at The New Yorker, who says the plain D-word is "jarring verging on ugly. It fairly screams ‘rat.’" He then imagined Republicans want to destroy the Democrats like Israel’s enemies want to wipe out Israel, and compared them to a street gang:

An alternative view is that it’s called the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party itself takes this view, and many nonpartisan authorities agree. The American Heritage College Dictionary, for example, defines the noun "Democratic Party" as "One of the two major US political parties, owing its origin to a split in the Democratic-Republican Party under Andrew Jackson in 1828." (It defines "Democrat n" as "A Democratic Party member" and "Democratic adj" as "Of, relating to, or characteristic of the Democratic Party," but gives no definition for—indeed, makes no mention of—"Democrat Party n" or "Democrat adj".) Other dictionaries, and reference works generally, appear to be unanimous on these points. The broader literate public also comes down on the "Democratic" side, as indicated by frequency of usage. A Google search for "Democratic Party" yields around forty million hits. "Democrat Party" fetches fewer than two million.

There’s no great mystery about the motives behind this deliberate misnaming. "Democrat Party" is a slur, or intended to be—a handy way to express contempt. Aesthetic judgments are subjective, of course, but "Democrat Party" is jarring verging on ugly. It fairly screams "rat." At a slightly higher level of sophistication, it’s an attempt to deny the enemy the positive connotations of its chosen appellation. During the Cold War, many people bridled at obvious misnomers like "German Democratic Republic," and perhaps there are some members of the Republican Party (which, come to think of it, has been drifting toward monarchism of late) who genuinely regard the Democratic Party as undemocratic. Perhaps there are some who hope to induce it to go out of existence by refusing to call it by its name, a la terming Israel "the Zionist entity." And no doubt there are plenty of others who say "Democrat Party" just to needle the other side while signalling solidarity with their own—the partisan equivalent of flashing a gang sign.

The WashPost account from Michael Abramowitz added this nugget, that Democrat-leaning White House reporters were hyperventilating in the briefing room:

White House press secretary Tony Snow seemed peeved with reporters asking about the Bush mispronunciation at his morning press "gaggle" yesterday, accusing the reporters of making "three mountains out of a molehill" and suggesting that the press was not much interested when Democrats bashed Bush with language calling him a "loser" or a "liar."

http://newsbusters.org/node/10571

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I've heard a few allusions that I'm supposed to be upset about this but it's just not happening. I didn't know it was a slur until some right-wing pundit made a big deal of it in the after SOTU commentary. I figured GWB must not have been aware of that either.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalicious View Post
    Yeah I've heard a few allusions that I'm supposed to be upset about this but it's just not happening. I didn't know it was a slur until some right-wing pundit made a big deal of it in the after SOTU commentary. I figured GWB must not have been aware of that either.
    In the 2000 election libs had a temper tantrum over the word "rat" flashing ob the TV screen for about 1/2 second. They were spelling the word Democrat in two or three letters

Libs are never happy unless they are bitching about something

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you republics are all alike

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    Libs are never happy unless they are bitching about something
    And what exactly are you doing if not bitching about liberals?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    yes, we tell the truth and libs hate it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And what exactly are you doing if not bitching about liberals?
    I am not bitching about them. I am exposing them for what they really are. I enjoy it and they hate it

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not bitching about them. I am exposing them for what they really are. I enjoy it and they hate it
    you know liberals say pretty much the exact same thing when they bitch about republicans?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you know liberals say pretty much the exact same thing when they bitch about republicans?
    We go by facts. Libs go by emotion and feelings

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We go by facts. Libs go by emotion and feelings
    And that very statement is completely rational and logical and untinged by hysteria.

OH NO! NOT THE LIBERALS!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And that very statement is completely rational and logical and untinged by hysteria.

OH NO! NOT THE LIBERALS!!!
    Liberalism is built on emotion and feelings. To a liberal you only have to say you "care" about something and you are a hero. You do not have to offer a solution to the issue however, only say you care

You can wear a ribbon and other libs gush. Wearing the ribbon does not do anything to solve the issue, but it makes the libs feel warm and fuzzy

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you even know any liberals in real life or are they like Gremlins or mischievous fairies you see in the dark sometimes?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post

Again with your glib falsehoods. Don't make me own you again.

You are a walking logical fallacy:

Guilt by Association

Analysis General Form

Target Link Bad Thing

The person or group being criticized An idea that the Target shares with the Bad Thing A person or group of which the argument's audience disapproves

I called you out before on your insults and you came back with some whiney post. Fact is, this post is an insult and is an generalization. Want me to reciprocate? Stop your kindergarten whining and add real diaglogue. I know, and you know, you hate people that don't agree with your view that do this. Yet you feel comfortable doing it here.

Sad

"Democrat Party" is jarring verging on ugly. It fairly screams "rat."
    This from the first quote. Strange, would think adding an "s" would make things really fun.... Yet they complain about the lack of "s"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we are democrats. Our party is the democratic party.

YOu are republicans. YOur party is the republican party.

we do not like being referred to as the democrat party.

you, obviously, do not like being referred to as a republick.

what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

that was the intent of my post....I am sorry you missed it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)