Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Special robot travels world and meets friendly people

Until Philadelphia anyway!

I posted this quite some time back, and was reminded on a funny pictures page. This was some funny shit. This thing was able to travel all by it's lonesome in Germany, Netherlands and then Canada. Then they set off in Boston with the destination of being San Francisco....

I know it's nearly 5 years old, but still funny as hell. Anyone is in danger if they travel to Philly, even a dang robot! LOL

---

Friendly hitchhiking robot is found DECAPITATED in Philadelphia just 300 miles into its attempt to cross the country

• The hitchhiking robot called HitchBOT set out on the American leg of its world journey two weeks ago
    • It couldn't move on its own and relied on kind strangers to drive it from place to place
    • But after successful trips in Canada and Europe, HitchBOT was found damaged beyond repair in Philly on Saturday

Only two weeks into an attempt to travel across the United States, the friendly hitchhiking robot's journey has ended in Philadelphia after being beaten to a pulp.

HitchBOT, who was created by a team of communication researchers from Ontario, was found damaged beyond repair early Saturday in the city of brotherly love.

"Sadly, sadly it's come to an end," Frauke Zeller, one of HitchBOT's co-creators told the Associated Press.

The robot set out to travel cross-country after successfully hitchhiking across Canada in 26 days last year and parts of Europe.

Canada's hitchhiking robot lasts just two weeks in US before getting decapitated.

The kid-size robot was immobile on its own and relied on the kindness of strangers to pick it up and pass it on to other travelers.

It's unclear who destroyed it or why.

HitchBOT was designed to be a talking travel companion that could give its drivers interesting factoids.

About every 20 minutes, a camera would randomly snap photos to document its travels. A GPS was also placed in the robot to track its location.

The robot's US leg of its global journey began on July 17 in Marblehead, Massachusetts.

At the time, HitchBOT had tape wrapped around its cylindrical head that read 'San Francisco or bust'.

It traveled around Boston, where it checked off one of the items on its 'bucket list' - by attending a Red Sox baseball game.

With HitchBOT being destroyed, Zeller said she is most concerned about the children who loved it and followed its journey on social media.

'I hope that people won't be too disappointed - too sad,' she told the Associated Press.

Zeller says she doesn't plan to release the last photo taken of the robot because she wants to protect young fans who might be distraught.

HitchBOT's official Twitter account simply read: 'Oh dear, my body was damaged, but I live on with all my friends. Sometimes bad things happen to good robots!'

However the photo of the wrecked robot was tweeted by CBC News journalist Lauren O'Neil, who wrote: 'Canada's hitchhiking robot lasts just two weeks in US before getting decapitated.'

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-country.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Right here....

"Only two weeks into an attempt to travel across the United States, the friendly hitchhiking robot's journey has ended in Philadelphia after being beaten to a pulp."

**Update.....Pissed off Robot learns ..remembers...made better... stronger...faster....!!

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 11-25-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yeah....the bots aren’t going to take that abuse for long.