Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Economy and outlook sucks and worst black Friday ever

At least that's what some of the never and hater Trumper's were once again declaring, the sky is falling, and the biggest day of shopping every year will prove that.

Why don't they just WAIT and then jump on things they hate? But endlessly, they have been predicting the end of the world and getting it wrong 99,000 times in a row.

People have more money and people spend more money.

--

Despite Screaming Headlines from Fake News Media – Black Friday Shopping Frenzy BREAKS ALL RECORDS – Tops $4 Billion for First Time!

Despite the screaming headlines from the fake news media the Black Friday shopping frenzy BROKE ALL RECORDS on Friday.

Black Friday shopping topped $4 billion for the first time ever!

It’s Trump’s economy now!

FOX Business Network reported:

“Shoppers weren’t slowed down at all by their huge turkey feasts.”

Consumers spent a staggering $4.2 billion online on Thanksgiving, a 14.5 percent from last year and a record high, according to new figures published by Adobe Analytics on Friday. This marks the first time that Thanksgiving shopping has surpassed $4 billion.

In total, e-commerce behemoths saw a 244 percent boost in sales on Thanksgiving, while smaller retailers experienced a 61 percent jump.

Phones played a huge role in the spike in Turkey Day shopping: Overall, nearly half of the revenue — 44.9 percent — stemmed from people’s smartphones, a 24.4 increase over last year.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...or-first-time/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

No president loses his second term when the ECONOMY IS DOING GOOD, and there is NO WAY TO LIE about the economy not being on FIRE. People are spending money, big time, because they HAVE MONEY TO SPEND, and they know who the president is. They didn't have this kind of money when BATH HOUSE BARRY was in the White House. We were all told the shitty economy is the NEW NORMAL, to just GET USED TO IT, and Trump can't fix it either... "what's he going to do, WAVE A MAGIC WAND??

Yeah we all remember that shit, even with the FED helping the kenyan with Q.E. pumping $85,000,000,000.00 a month into the stock market.

I guess Trump FOUND THE MAGIC WAND.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-30-2019 at 02:26 PM.

4. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    At least that's what some of the never and hater Trumper's were once again declaring, the sky is falling, and the biggest day of shopping every year will prove that.

Why don't they just WAIT and then jump on things they hate? But endlessly, they have been predicting the end of the world and getting it wrong 99,000 times in a row.

People have more money and people spend more money.

--

Despite Screaming Headlines from Fake News Media – Black Friday Shopping Frenzy BREAKS ALL RECORDS – Tops $4 Billion for First Time!

Despite the screaming headlines from the fake news media the Black Friday shopping frenzy BROKE ALL RECORDS on Friday.

Black Friday shopping topped $4 billion for the first time ever!

It’s Trump’s economy now!

FOX Business Network reported:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...or-first-time/
    I'm doing MY share. I want Christmas in the bag by mid-week so I can just coast the rest if the month
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes LongTermGuy, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm doing MY share. I want Christmas in the bag by mid-week so I can just coast the rest if the month
    Well that's a good trick... let me know how you do it...

8. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well that's a good trick... let me know how you do it...
    I only have 2 gifts left to buy. I did MY shopping during "Gunny November"
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I only have 2 gifts left to buy. I did MY shopping during "Gunny November"
    I haven't bought ANY. The only people I've exchanged gifts with for the last 10 years or better have been my lil sis, her significant other and Ma.

If I had my drothers we wouldn't do it at all.

I'm not a scrooge, but I'm kinda with my super Christian son on this one, the Bible says nothing about Dec. 25th being the day Christ was born, and Santa kinda gives me the creeps. A fat man that magically roams the entire earth and sneaks into every home in one night, in a red suit, and change a couple letters around and you have Satan, and how do they portray Satan? In red. So IDK... Christmas was fun as a child because I got presents, but it's actually derived from a pagan holiday.

Didn't mean to crap on the thread but... I'm really not a Christmas person.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-30-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I haven't bought ANY. The only people I've exchanged gifts with for the last 10 years or better have been my lil sis, her significant other and Ma.

If I had my drothers we wouldn't do it at all.

I'm not a scrooge, but I'm kinda with my super Christian son on this one, the Bible says nothing about Dec. 25th being the day Christ was born, and Santa kinda gives me the creeps. A fat man that magically roams the entire earth and sneaks into every home in one night, in a red suit, and change a couple letters around and you have Satan, and how do they portray Satan? In red. So IDK... Christmas was fun as a child because I got presents, but it's actually derived from a pagan holiday.

Didn't mean to crap on the thread but... I'm really not a Christmas person.
    Dude, even *I*, the asshole Gunny of the World, etc, etc, like Christmas. Geez. Lighten up.

Correct, the Bible does not state a specific date as Christ's birthday. Odds are good Christians chose Dec 25th to roll it into the pagan celebration of the Winter Solstice. It eased them in the back door with the pagans, AND it chose a date to celebrate the birth of Christ.

I had this debate when I was 9 years old and Garner ted Armstrong was on talk radio saying the same thing about an actual date. My grandfather informed me id doesn't really matter what day it was. What matters is the day we celebrate. I haven't been able to defeat that argument in 51 years.

Santa Claus is an imaginary figure from back in the day when people believed in magic. It's (supposed to be) the spirit of giving. And I do prefer the giving to receiving things I always never wanted

Besides, my 2 1/2 years old grandson has stated there WILL BE Christmas. And there will be a tree and a Santa Claus and when everyone gets back from church it'll be present time. YOU argue with him

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Dude, even *I*, the asshole Gunny of the World, etc, etc, like Christmas. Geez. Lighten up.

Correct, the Bible does not state a specific date as Christ's birthday. Odds are good Christians chose Dec 25th to roll it into the pagan celebration of the Winter Solstice. It eased them in the back door with the pagans, AND it chose a date to celebrate the birth of Christ.

I had this debate when I was 9 years old and Garner ted Armstrong was on talk radio saying the same thing about an actual date. My grandfather informed me id doesn't really matter what day it was. What matters is the day we celebrate. I haven't been able to defeat that argument in 51 years.

Santa Claus is an imaginary figure from back in the day when people believed in magic. It's (supposed to be) the spirit of giving. And I do prefer the giving to receiving things I always never wanted

Besides, my 2 1/2 years old grandson has stated there WILL BE Christmas. And there will be a tree and a Santa Claus and when everyone gets back from church it'll be present time. YOU argue with him
    I hear ya brother, and I didn't mean to completely crap on the thread. I was just giving my opinion.

It's fun for kids, but for me, I'd rather not participate.

I do agree that since we don't know when Christ was born, that's fine to just pick a day and celebrate, no problem.

14. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

WHAT A BUNCH OF CURMUDGEONS! J/K

I happen to like Christmas but not because of presents, decorations or any of that commercial crap. I like it because my family (sons, wives and grandsons) are all home, safe and happy. They are ALL home at the same time this year for a change. We get to rehash the same old family anecdotes and laugh at our past foolishness and maybe engage in some new silliness. It's the time of year when we pass on family traditions to the youngsters such as "You do the right thing because it's the right thing to do! No other reason!" and stuff like that. Not that we don't do such things at other times during the year but Christmas is when we are all together at once to do such things. That means far more to me than trees, light, presents and all that .... it's our annual tribal celebration where we all acknowledge our lineage and legacy and reaffirm our commitment to each other.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

16. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, Gunny, SassyLady, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    WHAT A BUNCH OF CURMUDGEONS! J/K

I happen to like Christmas but not because of presents, decorations or any of that commercial crap. I like it because my family (sons, wives and grandsons) are all home, safe and happy. They are ALL home at the same time this year for a change. We get to rehash the same old family anecdotes and laugh at our past foolishness and maybe engage in some new silliness. It's the time of year when we pass on family traditions to the youngsters such as "You do the right thing because it's the right thing to do! No other reason!" and stuff like that. Not that we don't do such things at other times during the year but Christmas is when we are all together at once to do such things. That means far more to me than trees, light, presents and all that .... it's our annual tribal celebration where we all acknowledge our lineage and legacy and reaffirm our commitment to each other.
    See? Even the Sergeant Major likes Christmas
    @CSM Your kids are all grown. Well, mine are too. However, I have a 2 1/2 years old and 7 years old that are a hoot. The toddler especially. He runs around barking in his red, USMC "Devil Dog" hoodie. Not that his current daycare provider had a hand in that I like watching little kids. They're always happy and don't give a crap what the World is falling apart over this time. He wants to watch Bob the Train who has thoroughtly indoctrinated him in Christmas.

The 7 years old is a princess-in-waiting. SHE is the one Grandpa's gonna have to keep the bore clean for.

The curmudgeon is the 11 years old-going-on-45. What a pain in the ass. I swear girls turn 11 and their brains just go AWOL.

The rest of the family will be getting together waiting on some poor sap to be the token conservative in their midst so I don't do much visiting. I don't play a "token" very well

18. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

See? Even the Sergeant Major likes Christmas
    @CSM Your kids are all grown. Well, mine are too. However, I have a 2 1/2 years old and 7 years old that are a hoot. The toddler especially. He runs around barking in his red, USMC "Devil Dog" hoodie. Not that his current daycare provider had a hand in that I like watching little kids. They're always happy and don't give a crap what the World is falling apart over this time. He wants to watch Bob the Train who has thoroughtly indoctrinated him in Christmas.

The 7 years old is a princess-in-waiting. SHE is the one Grandpa's gonna have to keep the bore clean for.

The curmudgeon is the 11 years old-going-on-45. What a pain in the ass. I swear girls turn 11 and their brains just go AWOL.

The rest of the family will be getting together waiting on some poor sap to be the token conservative in their midst so I don't do much visiting. I don't play a "token" very well
    I get it Gunny. We don't have "token" anything. With my family, either you is or you isn't. The daughters in law all know Grandpa and his boys are no kidding Americans and pretty much barely tolerate liberal bullshit; and only tolerate them if they behave. They get to state their opinion but then they have to wait patiently while the rest of us explain the facts to them. Works well so far.

Grandsons and grand daughters are just as you describe and wee all love em.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

20. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I get it Gunny. We don't have "token" anything. With my family, either you is or you isn't. The daughters in law all know Grandpa and his boys are no kidding Americans and pretty much barely tolerate liberal bullshit; and only tolerate them if they behave. They get to state their opinion but then they have to wait patiently while the rest of us explain the facts to them. Works well so far.

Grandsons and grand daughters are just as you describe and wee all love em.
    Yeah, I don't have the ones that respect your opinion and don't bring it up. I got the ones that are so self-sanctimonious they bait you and don't care if they start a big argument in the middle of everyone else's fun.

I have to say my nieces and mother are the worst. No one else really wants to piss me off but they're so right they don't care who they piss off, where, nor when.

Then get their feelings hurt when I finally unload with both barrels. Nowadays I'd just as soon take the scenic loop around THAT.

My family is my daughter and her family and it was that way before I ended up occupying space in her house. They'd come over to our house, or my apartment or I'd go to theirs. I prefer the toddler's opinions to the extended family's
    Last edited by Gunny; 12-01-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Yeah, I don't have the ones that respect your opinion and don't bring it up. I got the ones that are so self-sanctimonious they bait you and don't care if they start a big argument in the middle of everyone else's fun.

I have to say my nieces and mother are the worst. No one else really wants to piss me off but they're so right they don't care who they piss off, where, nor when.

Then get their feelings hurt when I finally unload with both barrels. Nowadays I'd just as soon take the scenic loop around THAT.

My family is my daughter and her family and it was that way before I ended up occupying space in her house. They'd come over to our house, or my apartment or I'd go to theirs. I prefer the toddler's opinions to the extended family's
    Toddlers have nothing to hide and are usually brutally honest. I love that about them. If they say you suck then by gosh you bet take a hard look at what you are doing....
    Thomas Jefferson

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Toddlers have nothing to hide and are usually brutally honest. I love that about them. If they say you suck then by gosh you bet take a hard look at what you are doing....
    Jakey is stuck on "MEAN!" and "NO!". And the worst "Me do it!". He wants to "help". I usually let him and in fact encourage him. He'll discover lazy soon enough.

Just watching him come to conclusions is a hoot though

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Jakey is stuck on "MEAN!" and "NO!". And the worst "Me do it!". He wants to "help". I usually let him and in fact encourage him. He'll discover lazy soon enough.

Just watching him come to conclusions is a hoot though
    Yeah, love the look on their face when they are thinking hard....lol
    Thomas Jefferson

26. Thanks Gunny thanked this post