Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default The Left Hates The Salvation Army. That's All You Need to Know About the Left

I'm not always a fan of theirs, as I had read about what they do with all of the donations, but the entire thing can't be ran for free. But still, I do think they could do better.

But they still do great things, and help a lot of people and kids.

The MAIN reason though, that the left don't like them - is that they always have "Merry Christmas" prominently displayed.

--

The Left Hates The Salvation Army. That's All You Need to Know About the Left

We all know some individuals who are so obviously good and kind that we are certain if anyone were to dislike them, that's all we would need to know about the person. We would immediately assume he or she is a bad person. To hate the manifestly good is a sure sign of being bad.

Such is the case regarding the left's hatred of The Salvation Army. You don't have to be a Christian -- I am not -- to appreciate the goodness of the people who run and work for The Salvation Army. They devote their lives to helping the poorest, the saddest, the loneliest and the most troubled among us -- completely irrespective of race, gender, transgender identity, faith or no faith. And they do it for almost no money. They do it because of their Christian faith.

They provide these downtrodden people with not only food and shelter but also human warmth and love. And they offer the people they care for the one thing most likely to get them out of their predicament: meaning. They offer it; they do not coerce it. And while the vehicle for this meaning -- Christian faith -- may not be your faith or mine, so what? It takes a truly narrow-minded bigot to want to deprive people of meaning just because that meaning is rooted in faith or in a faith other than their own.

Yet, leftists -- most especially LGBTQ groups, which spread a remarkable amount of hate in the name of "love" -- seek to crush The Salvation Army. They threaten and pressure whoever supports The Salvation Army. "British pop singer Ellie Goulding," the Wall Street Journal recently reported, "threatened to cancel an appearance at the Dallas Cowboys' Thanksgiving halftime show, which will celebrate the army's red-kettle campaign, unless it made a 'pledge or donation to the LGBTQ community.' She backed down after the Salvation Army assured her it serves needy members of that community."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...bout-the-left/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The Salvation Army is one charity I always give to. What have you heard? Last I checked their administrative costs were well below average.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The Salvation Army is one charity I always give to. What have you heard? Last I checked their administrative costs were well below average.
    I thought in the past there were stories of them and how much actually gets distributed, and how some in the organization profit. I could be wrong and didn't look it up, going on memory here.

But I have seen the good they do with my own eyes - so I donate non-stop regardless, as I know they still help a ton of people. I donate all my loose change on the way in to Stop and Shop, even if it's $3 or so, and try to give a $5 or so on the way out. Not a ton, probably end up being like $25 each year, maybe more, depends on how often I leave the house. But I always make a point of giving if I am out and see them.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I thought in the past there were stories of them and how much actually gets distributed, and how some in the organization profit. I could be wrong and didn't look it up, going on memory here.

But I have seen the good they do with my own eyes - so I donate non-stop regardless, as I know they still help a ton of people. I donate all my loose change on the way in to Stop and Shop, even if it's $3 or so, and try to give a $5 or so on the way out. Not a ton, probably end up being like $25 each year, maybe more, depends on how often I leave the house. But I always make a point of giving if I am out and see them.
    The Red Cross has more than their share of deserved criticism, I've not heard anything though about the Salvation Army but good things.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The Red Cross has more than their share of deserved criticism, I've not heard anything though about the Salvation Army but good things.
    I know it's good things, but look up "Salvation Army fraud" alone and you get a lot of stories. Or "Salvation Army abuse". I do think plenty of complaints about them are from the haters, but some stories in there of fraud. But their executives make good money, but not abusive IMO, at least not like some other charities.

The only other I ever give to is any cancer research charities.

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I know it's good things, but look up "Salvation Army fraud" alone and you get a lot of stories. Or "Salvation Army abuse". I do think plenty of complaints about them are from the haters, but some stories in there of fraud. But their executives make good money, but not abusive IMO, at least not like some other charities.

The only other I ever give to is any cancer research charities.
    Just had a minute, one officer found out and prosecuted. Another was done using the name, but not part of the organization:

https://www.thenonprofittimes.com/np...to-serve-time/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

St Judes for us. Which anyone who knows my wife and I immediately knows that makes sense given our weakness for kids in need.

9. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    St Judes for us. Which anyone who knows my wife and I immediately knows that makes sense given our weakness for kids in need.
    I do St. Jude's through Amazon purchases.

11. Thanks STTAB thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

By the by, the left hates EVERYONE, so is anyone really surprised to learn that they hate the Salvation Army? These goons would probably call Mother Theresa a NAZI.

13. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    By the by, the left hates EVERYONE, so is anyone really surprised to learn that they hate the Salvation Army? These goons would probably call Mother Theresa a NAZI.
    Going after the Catholics?

15. Thanks STTAB thanked this post