Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Devin Nunes slaps CNN with $435 million defamation lawsuit

Nice! He probably won't win here, and likely a lot about principle.... but I sure do hope he does win. And IMO he SHOULD win based on defamation laws. It was stated to more than a crowd and can more than hurt him as a public figure. CNN had better have some good proof as to why they wrote such a lie.

--

Devin Nunes slaps CNN with $435 million defamation lawsuit

Rep. Devin Nunes on Tuesday filed a defamation suit against CNN for its Nov. 22 “demonstrably false hit piece” that said the California Republican traveled to Vienna in 2018 to dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden.

“Devin Nunes did not go to Vienna or anywhere else in Austria in 2018,” declared the law suit seeking $435 million in damages. He said he visited two countries: Libya and Malta on what is called a “codel.” or congressional delegation.

The CNN story said Mr. Nunes supposedly met with former Ukraine chief prosecutor Vicktor Shokin.

“Devin Nunes has never met Viktor Shokin,” says the complaint lodged in U.S. District Court in Richmond. “This meeting never took place. Viktor Shokin doesn’t know and hasn’t even heard of Devin Nunes.”

CNN also reported that Mr. Nunes began communicating with Lev Parnas around the time. He is a Soviet-born U.S. citizen and Florida businessman who became a source for Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s personal attorney. Mr. Giuliani was investigating Ukraine’s involvement in the 2016 election

“Devin Nunes did not communicate with Parnas in December 2018,” the suit states.

“CNN is the mother of fake news,” the law suit says. “It is the least trusted name. CNN is eroding the fabric of America, proselytizing, sowing distrust and disharmony. It must be held accountable.”

Rest - https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...amation-lawsu/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I'd say he has as good a chance winning as anyone. CNN is already a joke of its former self and they're repeatedly done it to themselves. They need to be challenged more.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This will probably be dismissed by the first judge that hears it. There is already a SCOTUS ruling to the effect that new networks can lie on the air.

Introduce a bill to change the law Nunes. Simple as that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'd say he has as good a chance winning as anyone. CNN is already a joke of its former self and they're repeatedly done it to themselves. They need to be challenged more.
    Absolutely!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    Absolutely!
    I don't know about just CNN, but a LOT of things said about Trump have been unproven and definitely what I would call defamation.

You don't just go around as a US Congressperson saying the things about the CinC all over the media, on social media and/or to the whole damned world that some of these people have. Hell, here in the REAL World you stand a good chance of getting your teeth hammered down your throat saying some of the crap that's been said.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't know about just CNN, but a LOT of things said about Trump have been unproven and definitely what I would call defamation.

You don't just go around as a US Congressperson saying the things about the CinC all over the media, on social media and/or to the whole damned world that some of these people have. Hell, here in the REAL World you stand a good chance of getting your teeth hammered down your throat saying some of the crap that's been said.

If I were, for example, Tucker Carlson and had Schiff on my show and he called me a traitor for questioning him I would most certainly be hoping a jury would understand why I crippled him.

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    If I were, for example, Tucker Carlson and had Schiff on my show and he called me a traitor for questioning him I would most certainly be hoping a jury would understand why I crippled him.
    That might be a big ask.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    That might be a big ask.

I would get on the stand and testify that I'm just a young black boy who's never been in trouble, I was just on my way to college when Adam Schiff the evil white guy just went white guy and attacked me for no reason.

i would show them my cook book full of old family recipes, My Life As A Slave, as proof .

Should work.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I would get on the stand and testify that I'm just a young black boy who's never been in trouble, I was just on my way to college when Adam Schiff the evil white guy just went white guy and attacked me for no reason.

i would show them my cook book full of old family recipes, My Life As A Slave, as proof .

Should work.
    That reminds me of my son, quite the liberal. He was on the el last week, on his way to work. Some black guy called him a derogatory name for a privileged white. He responded, 'Hey, I've always thought I was black. I'm so confused."

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

15. Thanks STTAB, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

17. Thanks STTAB thanked this post