Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I stated from the get go that I'm not a fanatic meme fan, but to each their own. Should I be dumb and make a rule about posting images, and where, and when? It's called common sense. Some are fine, some do it often. You can disable images easily. You can place a member on ignore, goodbye memes, or you can do what many do and use the scroll wheel and be by it in an 1/18th of a second. But what does NOT work, is calling someone names because they posted a meme, or more than you like, as obviously that's going to only create drama.

For the record , I have NEVER suggested that posting memes should be against the rules. Nor have I ever asked you to do anything to the two idiots who post nothing but memes.

however , as I already stated. I've spoken my piece on this issue and really just saying any more will probably result in the one thing I don't want , and that's one or the other of us getting angry at the other over an issue involving the meme morons. They aren't worth it to me, maybe they are to you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    For the record , I have NEVER suggested that posting memes should be against the rules. Nor have I ever asked you to do anything to the two idiots who post nothing but memes.

however , as I already stated. I've spoken my piece on this issue and really just saying any more will probably result in the one thing I don't want , and that's one or the other of us getting angry at the other over an issue involving the meme morons. They aren't worth it to me, maybe they are to you.
    No you didn't, and I didn't say you did either. But if there is going to be an issue whenever folks post memes, or the folks you feud with, then that issue needs addressing. That's why I mentioned a rule. But I don't think there should be one anyway, I was just making a point. Rather than fighting or ruining a thread or annoying other or purposely not taking things to the cage - there are quite a few ways to fix that issue for someone who doesn't enjoy them. Telling folks that they are idiots, or too stupid or whatever - is ONLY going to cause problems. And it HAS many many times. I have asked folks REPEATEDLY over the years to use the ignore button, scroll on by and other methods of fixing issues - but very very very very rarely does anyone take the advice.

So, what am I left to do? My first is to ask folks to please start things in the cage if someone posts something you don't like - why is that so hard? Why must it be a reply in a political thread and knowingly start a fight in a place that I have pleaded for people to stop? Why not the cage? And regardless of answers, it just continues the cycle over and over, giving me issues and issues. Sometimes we are ALL guilty of doing it. NOT just you, others too, far from just you. And yet here we are. I guess I'll just never understand. My ONLY conclusion over the years is that folks simply enjoy the back and forth fighting. But then I'm lost when those very same folks eventually complain about the overall atmosphere. That literally drives me nuts and makes ZERO sense.

But the most I ask for is USE THE CAGE, STOP FUCKING UP OTHERWISE GOOD THREADS <------- that applies to the entire community, a statement in general.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks icansayit thanked this post