Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Default too bad House Intel Committee Democrats have focused on overthrowing President Trump

"Too bad House Intel Committee Democrats have focused on overthrowing President Trump rather than the grave threat from the modern axis of evil"

`Iran, Russia, China to Hold Joint Wargames in ‘Message to the World’

Iran, China, and Russia will hold in the coming weeks their first-ever joint war drills, which leaders say are meant to send a "message to the world" about increased military cooperation between the rogue countries.
    The commander of Iran's navy, Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi, said Wednesday that the Islamic Republic will team up with Moscow and Beijing within the next month to hold the mass war drills.`

More!!!
    https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...-to-the-world/

Last edited by LongTermGuy; 11-27-2019 at 11:25 PM.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well that's rather ominous, but still, Iran's military is a joke, Texas has a larger economy than Russia, and China has lost trillions since Trump imposed tariffs on them. In fact, they've all lost money since Trump took office. Maybe this little stunt by them is meant to send America a message?

Well, we still have NATO... hopefully.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well that's rather ominous, but still, Iran's military is a joke, Texas has a larger economy than Russia, and China has lost trillions since Trump imposed tariffs on them. In fact, they've all lost money since Trump took office. Maybe this little stunt by them is meant to send America a message?

Well, we still have NATO... hopefully.
    None of those militaries are a joke and combined quite formidable. We do not even come close to having the numbers to match up. Technology is great but it takes boots on the ground to defeat an enemy's will to resist and occupy territory.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I’ve been saying they are an alliance for a few years. Someone forgot to include Turkey.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Weird that the President keeps saying how he likes/admired city and Putin.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I’ve been saying they are an alliance for a few years. Someone forgot to include Turkey.
    I think "alliance" is a pretty strong term. It may come to that and I'm surprised it hasn't. We've pushed all 3 and we've pushed them hard.

My guess is Putin is in a "Why not?" mode. Not going to hurt him and he may get something out of it. Iran and China just want to send us a message.

I think if Turkey participates it can be kicked out of NATO outright. Not sure on that, but I doubt there's room in a mutual defense alliance for military exercises with the country (Russia) that is NATOs prime reason for existing.

If Putin is such a "bad guy", what's he doing that WE haven't? Besides sitting back and laughing at us while we self-destruct? I can see why Trump admires him. Putin gets to do a lot of what Trump would like to. Namely, whatever the Hell he wants.

IMO, monitor and otherwise ignore. We know that's not going to happen between the leftwingnut MSM and Trump's twitter account
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think "alliance" is a pretty strong term. It may come to that and I'm surprised it hasn't. We've pushed all 3 and we've pushed them hard.

My guess is Putin is in a "Why not?" mode. Not going to hurt him and he may get something out of it. Iran and China just want to send us a message.

I think if Turkey participates it can be kicked out of NATO outright. Not sure on that, but I doubt there's room in a mutual defense alliance for military exercises with the country (Russia) that is NATOs prime reason for existing.

If Putin is such a "bad guy", what's he doing that WE haven't? Besides sitting back and laughing at us while we self-destruct? I can see why Trump admires him. Putin gets to do a lot of what Trump would like to. Namely, whatever the Hell he wants.

IMO, monitor and otherwise ignore. We know that's not going to happen between the leftwingnut MSM and Trump's twitter account
    Putin especially, but Xi too would like to put US on it’s heels for at least.awhile. Iran just hates the great Satan, perhaps the growing Islamic Turkey too.

They are allies against us, whatever’s else they may or may not have in common.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Putin especially, but Xi too would like to put US on it’s heels for at least.awhile. Iran just hates the great Satan, perhaps the growing Islamic Turkey too.

They are allies against us, whatever’s else they may or may not have in common.
    "Allies" in a common enemy sense. I don't think Putin nor Xi are ready to put anything in writing and certainly not with Iran. We are hitting all three countries' economies hard.

I'd bet this is Iran's idea, and Xi and Putin are okay with flexing some muscle for a reaction. It certainly can't hurt them. But an overreaction by us, and by what means, would definitely help them intel-wise. We can't afford a bluff. That's why I say we shouldn't put ourselves in the position of having to back a bluff by just keeping our mouths shut.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

"Allies" in a common enemy sense. I don't think Putin nor Xi are ready to put anything in writing and certainly not with Iran. We are hitting all three countries' economies hard.

I'd bet this is Iran's idea, and Xi and Putin are okay with flexing some muscle for a reaction. It certainly can't hurt them. But an overreaction by us, and by what means, would definitely help them intel-wise. We can't afford a bluff. That's why I say we shouldn't put ourselves in the position of having to back a bluff by just keeping our mouths shut.
    Russia and China regarding both Iran and No. Korea have been at this quite awhile, it's not new. Iran becoming something of a player, rather than just a pawn is still up for grabs. Turkey has clout for Russia at the least-both as NATO member and regarding its military.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Weird that the President keeps saying how he likes/admired city and Putin.

Nothing "weird" ...just smart....what do you expect...insults and hate...? Just Politics...most know whats going on...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Russia and China regarding both Iran and No. Korea have been at this quite awhile, it's not new. Iran becoming something of a player, rather than just a pawn is still up for grabs. Turkey has clout for Russia at the least-both as NATO member and regarding its military.
    In other words, the only "news" here is Iran is hitching onto the same old China-Russia war games.

Turkey has been introduced by you. Yes they suck and in practice are no ally and more of an enemy. On paper, Turkey is a NATO member in "good standing", has a vote, and do far done nothing to change that minus it trying to strongarm NATO into declaring the YPG "terrorists" which is NA to the war games situation. Yet, anyway. Who knows with Erdogan?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

In other words, the only "news" here is Iran is hitching onto the same old China-Russia war games.

Turkey has been introduced by you. Yes they suck and in practice are no ally and more of an enemy. On paper, Turkey is a NATO member in "good standing", has a vote, and do far done nothing to change that minus it trying to strongarm NATO into declaring the YPG "terrorists" which is NA to the war games situation. Yet, anyway. Who knows with Erdogan?
    Weird, but I kinda sorta thought the reason for NATO was to protect against USSR? Been a long time, memory could be playing tricks. Not. The game Turkey has been playing, with US winking and nodding, should be enough to get Turkey the boot. But then again, Erdogan is a stand up guy, right?

We ignore what the communists and Islamacists are doing, especially any acts in concert, at our own peril.

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Weird, but I kinda sorta thought the reason for NATO was to protect against USSR? Been a long time, memory could be playing tricks. Not. The game Turkey has been playing, with US winking and nodding, should be enough to get Turkey the boot. But then again, Erdogan is a stand up guy, right?

We ignore what the communists and Islamacists are doing, especially any acts in concert, at our own peril.
    The biggest problem here is WE are not making the decisions. Turkey WAS a very welcome asset during the Cold War as we had listening posts as close to Russia as we could get them. Then came AWCS. My father was stationed in Turkey, Greece, and Keflavik, Iceland at those listening posts. It was a loop that ended in Miami, FL, because they also had listening posts all over S FL because of Cuba. We were stationed at both NAS Key West and Homestead AFB in Miami.

Other than convenience, Turkey is no longer required as an "ally" because I am sure any REAL war with Russia that includes a land war will mean rolling through Turkey whether they like it or not. At which point and time, Turkey will decide whose side its on based on who's winning. That's how they roll.

Turkey is another Iraq. Military looks good on paper, but without aid from one side or the other, they'd just get steamrolled.

The purpose for NATO was to defend Europe against an invasion by the USSR. I don't see a point to NATO as it has become overcome by father time and technology. Mutual defense treaties? Sure. Ones that mirror CURRENT situation to include political climate.

Remember, the size and scale of WWI was a direct result of antiquated mutual defense treaties. That's where I see Turkey. Be a shame if Russia invaded, but then, who cares? Turkey needs to get off the fence or they need to be gone, IMO. No more economic aid, rent for the one remaining USAF base we have there, military aid, dual-use equipment -- nothing.

Turkey would even bee worth something if it held to it's secular, state-first beliefs. As long as Erdogan keeps inching the country closer to Islam, Turkey's just another raghead country to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The biggest problem here is WE are not making the decisions. Turkey WAS a very welcome asset during the Cold War as we had listening posts as close to Russia as we could get them. Then came AWCS. My father was stationed in Turkey, Greece, and Keflavik, Iceland at those listening posts. It was a loop that ended in Miami, FL, because they also had listening posts all over S FL because of Cuba. We were stationed at both NAS Key West and Homestead AFB in Miami.

Other than convenience, Turkey is no longer required as an "ally" because I am sure any REAL war with Russia that includes a land war will mean rolling through Turkey whether they like it or not. At which point and time, Turkey will decide whose side its on based on who's winning. That's how they roll.

Turkey is another Iraq. Military looks good on paper, but without aid from one side or the other, they'd just get steamrolled.

The purpose for NATO was to defend Europe against an invasion by the USSR. I don't see a point to NATO as it has become overcome by father time and technology. Mutual defense treaties? Sure. Ones that mirror CURRENT situation to include political climate.

Remember, the size and scale of WWI was a direct result of antiquated mutual defense treaties. That's where I see Turkey. Be a shame if Russia invaded, but then, who cares? Turkey needs to get off the fence or they need to be gone, IMO. No more economic aid, rent for the one remaining USAF base we have there, military aid, dual-use equipment -- nothing.

Turkey would even bee worth something if it held to it's secular, state-first beliefs. As long as Erdogan keeps inching the country closer to Islam, Turkey's just another raghead country to me.
    The Cold War is dead, long live the neo version.

In the long run, your assessment of Turkish power is correct, which will not stop the issues they currently thrust upon the real politic today.

Powers are shifting and realigning, it’s been happening for over a decade.

Fighting the last war-9/11 won’t do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

None of those militaries are a joke and combined quite formidable. We do not even come close to having the numbers to match up. Technology is great but it takes boots on the ground to defeat an enemy's will to resist and occupy territory.
    Iran's military, compared to our's, is a joke, is what I should have said.

I should have also said I meant China, Russia and Iran against NATO. I think NATO is more than a match for them.

I don't think any of the major powers will ever defeat and occupy another major nation through war ever again on earth. We have the threat of mutual destruction. There wouldn't be any winner or occupying to be done when there wouldn't be anything left. In fact, everyone earth will be dead sooner or later, even the animals, because if a nuclear war is unleashed, and it would be before there was any invasion and occupying, the radioactive cloud that would circle the earth would kill everyone and everything. Our PLANET would be finished, probably for good. Maybe we'd deserve it. Seems all mankind has ever done is kill each other since the dawn of time.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-29-2019 at 03:20 PM.