Thread: New Boat

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Default New Boat

So... ran across this deal on Facebook the other day and it was too good to pass up.

22', brand new 403 Olds (6.6L) on a 3-Stage Hamilton Jet, new controls, 10 horse Honda kicker, new gauges, hoses, electronics, starter, alternator, batteries, almost everything new.

20191228_152632.jpg

I want to tear apart the jet to make sure it's tight, need some canvas work and one window in the walk-through windshield. Really small stuff and easy!

Is it April yet?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Looks awesome!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

4. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Congrats and best of luck with your new baby!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    So... ran across this deal on Facebook the other day and it was too good to pass up.

22', brand new 403 Olds (6.6L) on a 3-Stage Hamilton Jet, new controls, 10 horse Honda kicker, new gauges, hoses, electronics, starter, alternator, batteries, almost everything new.

I want to tear apart the jet to make sure it's tight, need some canvas work and one window in the walk-through windshield. Really small stuff and easy!

Is it April yet?
    Sweet, best of luck and all future safety with her, Rick!! Still got Ducky too?

Just have her rip roarin ready by July into August, so that I can enjoy being chauffeured up and down the Talkeetna river.
    “A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.”Bob Barker
    “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”Dean Koontz
    "If I could be half the person my dog is, I'd be twice the human I am" - Charles Yu

8. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Thanks! I'm pretty excited and anxious to put her in the water... feeling like a kid counting down the days to Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Sweet, best of luck and all future safety with her, Rick!! Still got Ducky too?

Just have her rip roarin ready by July into August, so that I can enjoy being chauffeured up and down the Talkeetna river.
    Yeah, still got the Ducky over at the body shop, but the guy just had serious back surgery a couple months ago and hasn't gotten around to putting it on the frame rack to attempt un-twisting the hull. I don't feel confident that he'll be successful but I have to try.

I wanted a bigger boat anyway, with all the freighting and people hauling I do... but not necessarily the way this all worked out. Ideally I would have sold the Duckworth and upgraded.

Oh, and this one will have full coverage insurance on it before it goes anywhere! That was a painful lesson.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum