Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Vinyl Records Outsold CDs This Year

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The ex-wife, THE Queen of Gifts that make you go "Huh?", got my daughter an old-time phonograph and an album. No one in the house knew what to do with it but me The ex wouldn't have known what to di with it either.

I don't see it lasting. The whole concept of "you handle this like your first-born child" doesn't seem to sink in. There are a lot of "don't's" to handling albums and the player itself.

And here I thought I had seen/heard every medium the soundtrack to "The Little Mermaid" came out on

If they bring back the 8 track, I'm NOT getting one
    Last edited by Gunny; 01-06-2020 at 09:19 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The ex-wife, THE Queen of Gifts that make you go "Huh?", got my daughter an old-time phonograph and an album. No one in the house knew what to do with it but me The ex wouldn't have known what to di with it either.

I don't see it lasting. The whole concept of "you handle this like your first-born child" doesn't seem to sink in. There are a lot of "don't's" to handling albums and the player itself.

And here I thought I had seen/heard every medium the soundtrack to "The Little Mermaid" came out on

If they bring back the 8 track, I'm NOT getting one
    Never got an 8-track. Went from records to cassettes to Walkman pretty quick. Then came the years of no buying such and it was all cd.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Never got an 8-track. Went from records to cassettes to Walkman pretty quick. Then came the years of no buying such and it was all cd.
    I had cassettes before I had an 8 track, but for some reason I had one. And yeah, I went from sometime in the early 80s with cassettes to sometime in the mid-90s and cds without being much interested in either.

I got cds because I joined one of those clubs where I got like 6 or 10 cds for a penny and they sent me one a month forever no matter where I went. Finally ditched them on deployment
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Wow, that's odd. Barely even see them anymore, but don't really hit music stores much anymore either.

There is something I like about that static sound at the beginning and the way records sound.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Wow, that's odd. Barely even see them anymore, but don't really hit music stores much anymore either.

There is something I like about that static sound at the beginning and the way records sound.
    I don't usually go 'shopping' at brick and mortar anymore. However, go to a Best Buy, Walmart and you'll find tons of records and phonographs! Interestingly enough, boom boxes and MP3 players are also making big comebacks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Smile Now you're all gonna know how old I, and my Lady are.

The year we got married in March. 1969. That Summer, with a volunteer Ambulance Squad, in a brand new 69 Caddy. We went to WOODSTOCK in N.Y.
    Spent one entire day there, heard a few of the greats.
    I know that has nothing to do with this topic. So, I will go on.

My wife is from Ireland. Donegal. She still loves the BEATLES, and we still have six or seven of their Original Albums. DR. PEPPER, THE WHITE ALBUM, HARD DAYS NIGHT, and a few more. 33 1/3 all. Bill Cosby standup, when he was young, The Doors, The Stones, Monkeys, Earth Wind & Fire, and some local, Philadelphia D.J. stuff like HY LIT Of WIBG, Jerry Blavat, and the WFIL News announcer, Larry Kane, who brought the Beatles to Philly, where my wife saw them at FRANKLIN FIELD (where the ARMY NAVY GAME WAS PLAYED FOR YEARS). We still have Our First Stereo Record player, but our son's hijacked the speakers when they were teenagers.
    For those who remember those days. There is nothing like the sound coming from a record. Even have a 45 collection...WIPEOUT, SATISFACTION, and The CHIMPMONKS with HELLO MUDDER, HELLO FADDER for kicks.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me: