Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I can stick my kindle in purse with cell phone. It’s easy to read, regardless of lighting. I gotta run, more later.

Don't get me wrong, I get it... I just can't do it. And I take a book with me damn near everywhere.

Advice my dad gave me: Always take a book, you never know when you might end up waiting.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I get it... I just can't do it. And I take a book with me damn near everywhere.

Advice my dad gave me: Always take a book, you never know when you might end up waiting.
    That’s my motto, besides I often get bored.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Smile Now you're all gonna know how old I, and my Lady are.

The year we got married in March. 1969. That Summer, with a volunteer Ambulance Squad, in a brand new 69 Caddy. We went to WOODSTOCK in N.Y.
    Spent one entire day there, heard a few of the greats.
    I know that has nothing to do with this topic. So, I will go on.

My wife is from Ireland. Donegal. She still loves the BEATLES, and we still have six or seven of their Original Albums. DR. PEPPER, THE WHITE ALBUM, HARD DAYS NIGHT, and a few more. 33 1/3 all. Bill Cosby standup, when he was young, The Doors, The Stones, Monkeys, Earth Wind & Fire, and some local, Philadelphia D.J. stuff like HY LIT Of WIBG, Jerry Blavat, and the WFIL News announcer, Larry Kane, who brought the Beatles to Philly, where my wife saw them at FRANKLIN FIELD (where the ARMY NAVY GAME WAS PLAYED FOR YEARS). We still have Our First Stereo Record player, but our son's hijacked the speakers when they were teenagers.
    For those who remember those days. There is nothing like the sound coming from a record. Even have a 45 collection...WIPEOUT, SATISFACTION, and The CHIMPMONKS with HELLO MUDDER, HELLO FADDER for kicks.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The thing about vinyl is it's ANALOG, as opposed to DIGITAL. Many old timers say playing records has a "warmer" sound to it, it's not as "harsh" as digital, but turn tables have been making a huge comeback. They've made great strides in their quality and complexity, so reproducing the soundtrack from a record far exceeds what was once capable. But all sound sent to a speaker from a receiver in modern receiver goes through what they call a DAC, a digital to analog converter, but with an analog signal, such as a turntable, it doesn't need to go through a DAC, the best of which are Burr Brown by the way, but the less "processing" music needs, the more pure it will be, and that's why there's such a reassurance of vinyl. The higher end receivers and amps will also have a function called "pure direct," in which no sound processing will occur. You hear it as it comes off the source.

I have Amazon Prime Music Unlimited. I switched from Spotify to Amazon because Spotify streams at a low bit rate. Amazon Music Unlimited has HD and Ultra HD streaming. It's over 4x higher bit rate than Spotify. Why Spotify has resisted increasing their streaming rate is really baffling, because there's Tidal and a couple others that have been streaming at a higher bit rate for years, but Spotify just hasn't stepped up, even though their streaming music program is one of the best for music discovery, and they have one of the largest libraries, although Amazon now boasts a larger library than Spotify, and yes, I have found that to be the case, in my experience. I could find any song that I ever heard on Spotify on youtube to post here, but not so with Amazon. There have been a couple songs and artists already that I liked on Amazon music that I could not find on youtube to post here, so obviously, Amazon has an amazingly large music library.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-09-2020 at 12:49 AM.