Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I refuse to watch anything else, if Bourne: Ultimatum is being screened.

There's my favourite scene in that film: a Guardian reporter, Simon Ross, being assassinated at Waterloo Station (in the days when EuroStar services used Waterloo as a terminus, before the line was extended to St Pancras .. it dates the film, somewhat ! I can vouch for that definitely being Waterloo Station, shown in the film).

I won't be drawn on whether such a fate is appropriate for Guardian reporters generally ! But it makes for great fiction in a film ....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Any sort of mistreatment of animals just boils me... I can't stand it. I want to do the same to whatever worthless POS did to the critter. To think what selfless, non demanding, unconditional love and companionship a pet will give to someone, and then a person harms them? It's making me mad to think about just to type this, and I'm talking any critter, domesticated pet or a little critter in the wild. I won't watch these shows about the wild either where they prey on each other. I know that's the rule of law when it comes to nature, survival of the fittest, but I don't need to see it, and I don't understand why these documentarians feel as though they HAVE to show that EVERY TIME.

I've been getting into the PBS special "Victoria" on Prime, and last night in Season II, episode 3, her cute little dog, Dash, passed away. I got a lump in my throat and had to hold back tears during the scene when she found him. Just brings back when I've lost a long time little furry partner. It hurts even years and years later.

God I sound like a total softy...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-12-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Any sort of mistreatment of animals just boils me... I can't stand it. I want to do the same to whatever worthless POS did to the critter. To think what selfless, non demanding, unconditional love and companionship a pet will give to someone, and then a person harms them? It's making me mad to think about just to type this, and I'm talking any critter, domesticated pet or a little critter in the wild. I won't watch these shows about the wild either where they prey on each other. I know that's the rule of law when it comes to nature, survival of the fittest, but I don't need to see it, and I don't understand why these documentarians feel as though they HAVE to show that EVERY TIME.

I've been getting into the PBS special "Victoria" on Prime, and last night in Season II, episode 3, her cute little dog, Dash, passed away. I got a lump in my throat and had to hold back tears during the scene when she found him. Just brings back when I've lost a long time little furry partner. It hurts even years and years later.

God I sound like a total softy...
    I'd say that you sound like a decent human being ! Good on you.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!