Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Why Harry and Meghan will find life even harder as non-royals

I don't know, maybe if they are living in Canada the intensity of the press won't be as bad as it would be as if they were in California, for example.

But trademarking and maybe planning on selling all kinds of "royal" items, from clothing to photographs. If there is an agreement made, they should prevent them from cheapening the crown like that if so. Otherwise, if they are out, I am not so sure they would be able to stop them from doing so.

--

Why Harry and Meghan will find life even harder as non-royals

Harry and Meghan don’t know how good they have it. They want to bust out of their gilded cage and roam free, but they’re so naive they’re like fluffy kitties who have never crossed a busy road before and are likely to get squashed if they try.

A key motivation to the shocking Megxit announcement this week — even as the Queen warned Meghan and Prince Ginger Whiskers against going public with their moronic plan — was their fury with the media. They hate the “Royal Rota” system, in which a designated royal reporter and photographer cover their events as representatives of the entire media and the royals have to do a little light waving and smiling and generally go along with it. What they don’t seem to understand is that this system exists for their protection; in exchange for the small compromise of making nice with designated journos on a set schedule, they get a break from the pandemonium of being trailed by hordes of invasive paparazzi at all times.

They think life is so great outside the Firm? Let them call up Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Those two aren’t royals. How much privacy did they enjoy during their relationship? Being in the crosshairs of the media evidently took its toll on both of them. Pitt lamented on a podcast released earlier this week that, “I’m just, like, trash mag fodder. I don’t know … because of my disaster of a personal life, probably.” He developed a drinking problem that hit crisis level on a plane in 2016, after which Jolie dumped him. It’s not clear whether Pitt has any relationship with his son Maddox, 18, who is now a university student in Korea. When an interviewer asked about his dad visiting him on campus, Maddox said, “I don’t know about that [or] what’s happening.” Asked whether the pair’s relationship is over, he added, “Well, whatever happens, happens.” Being a global celebrity who isn’t in a royal family isn’t automatically easy.

Besides, if H & M ever were to break completely free of the Firm (unlikely), a big chunk of their mystique would be gone. They’ll soon find themselves being mocked for pimping out their new Sussex Royal brand. Hoodies, T-shirts, socks, ball caps and pencils — really? They’re going to leverage a thousand years of dignity and tradition for a bunch of cheesy crapola that’s going to wind up at the Dollar Tree? The whole point of being royal is to float above and beyond ordinary existence, to make ordinary mortals fantasize about what it’s like to be you. Once you’re doing interviews with E! or hawking Christmas ornaments on the Home Shopping Network, you’re just two schmucks getting torn apart by the late-night comics.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2020/01/11/why-ha...as-non-royals/

Harry and Meghan trademark over 100 items under ‘Sussex Royal’ brand

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may have come up with a way to make “Megxit” pay — by trademarking their “Sussex Royal” brand for more than 100 items last summer, official records show.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex insisted in Wednesday’s shocking announcement that they would “become financially independent” once free of their royal responsibilities.

Records with the UK’s Intellectual Property Office show that last June the couple made moves to prep a possible financial empire.

Under both “Sussex Royal” and their charitable organization, “The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” the couple secured trademarks with a wide cross-section of possible products.

Included are clothing, stationery, photographs, educational and charitable endeavors — and even possibly their own newspaper or magazine.

“Undoubtedly, this will be a multimillion-pound revenue business,” retail expert Andy Barr told the Daily Mail, predicting it could generate revenues of more than $500 million.

“This will just be the steppingstone for higher-value products being launched later down the line.

“As the brand, they are building will automatically have global appeal, their revenue will grow even further.”

Rest - https://pagesix.com/2020/01/09/harry...399.1570888934
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Like I said, premeditated and manipulative.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Like I said, premeditated and manipulative.
    Maybe so. But, understandably so.

Harry and Meghan expect to be financially cut off from the funding they'd get as fully-fledged Royals .. so, they're preparing the ground to substitute for that reality.

I have some sympathy for them. Meghan - it seems - had a need to break from the Royal 'machine' ... one which demands rigid behaviour protocols from every one of its members. She also found an environment, in the UK, she couldn't properly adapt to.

Harry also had concerns about her treatment here, no doubt sensitised to it because of how his mother suffered.

Not that, financially, they have worries. Meghan is wealthy. Harry inherited millions both from his mother's Estate, and from the death of the Queen Mother.

Let's see what the Royal 'summit' reveals. We should all know more in the coming hours.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

If they want to break from Royal life, it’s pretty hypocritical to use that very royal life to earn your money. Sorry, I just cannot respect their “eat your cake and have it too” attitude. If you’re going to walk away, really ​walk away.

-Abbey

6. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

If they want to break from Royal life, it’s pretty hypocritical to use that very royal life to earn your money. Sorry, I just cannot respect their “eat your cake and have it too” attitude. If you’re going to walk away, really ​walk away.
    In fact, the point of today's little 'summit' talks was to work out precisely the extent of if, or how, they WILL walk away. Nobody, before the discussion, had determined how that would play out.

I'd suggest that the decision is the Royal Family's to decide, and not for outsiders to judge.

Part of the sympathy I have for Harry and Meghan comes from just how little of their lives they've called their own. OK, you could argue that Meghan made her choice (.. though, did she fully understand what it was she was taking on ?). Harry, by contrast, up to now, has been saddled with duties, many of which that he only has because of the circumstances of his birth.

Harry can now make his own life .. actually be master of his own fate, for the first time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    In fact, the point of today's little 'summit' talks was to work out precisely the extent of if, or how, they WILL walk away. Nobody, before the discussion, had determined how that would play out.

I'd suggest that the decision is the Royal Family's to decide, and not for outsiders to judge.

Part of the sympathy I have for Harry and Meghan comes from just how little of their lives they've called their own. OK, you could argue that Meghan made her choice (.. though, did she fully understand what it was she was taking on ?). Harry, by contrast, up to now, has been saddled with duties, many of which that he only has because of the circumstances of his birth.

Harry can now make his own life .. actually be master of his own fate, for the first time.
    Who gets to decide, and who gets to judge, are two very different things. Live a public life, little ‘ol me gets to judge your behavior. And no one can tell me I cannot.

As I’ve said, walk away, ok, it’s your life. Be Wallace Simpson II, if you will. But don’t try to have it both ways and expect us to not notice and judge you negatively for it.

-Abbey

9. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Who gets to decide, and who gets to judge, are two very different things. Live a public life, little ‘ol me gets to judge your behavior. And no one can tell me I cannot.

As I’ve said, walk away, ok, it’s your life. Be Wallace Simpson II, if you will. But don’t try to have it both ways and expect us to not notice and judge you negatively for it.
    I thought that the whole point was for them to lead a far less public life ? In which case, do they not proportionately deserve less of such negative judgment ?

Anyway ... the news we have is that the Queen is sympathetic to the couple, and she wants to help them attain their goal(s).

If the Queen can approve, if she can be sympathetic to their situation and can seek an equitable outcome, does she herself deserve negativity from any of us as a result ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I thought that the whole point was for them to lead a far less public life ? In which case, do they not proportionately deserve less of such negative judgment ?

Anyway ... the news we have is that the Queen is sympathetic to the couple, and she wants to help them attain their goal(s).

If the Queen can approve, if she can be sympathetic to their situation and can seek an equitable outcome, does she herself deserve negativity from any of us as a result ?
    No, she is the “decider”, and it’s up to her how to handle them.

Whether or or not they lead a private life (I highly doubt they will, but we’ll see), the judgment is based on actions thus far. As it should be.

-Abbey

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I think Monarchies are an archaic idea anyway. The days of Kings and Queens seems very odd in this day and age. To be pampered and rich exceeding the vast majority of people on earth just because you were born... "royal." What a deal. I don't get why people still subscribe to such a setup.

I give Harry and Megan a lot of credit for wanting to walk away from it and make their own way, but for God's sake, they should get "advice" from someone OTHER than the filthy OBAMA'S.

I know you've expressed support for the royal family before, brother Drummond, and I do believe that had I been born in the UK, I might have a different opinion of a "royal family" myself... IDK. But us Americans pretty much have been brought up to believe that if you gain wealth, it should be done by your own toil, not just given to you because you were born, and then to be supported for generations for doing virtually nothing.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-15-2020 at 10:48 AM.

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I think Monarchies are an archaic idea anyway. The days of Kings and Queens seems very odd in this day and age. To be pampered and rich exceeding the vast majority of people on earth just because you were born... "royal." What a deal. I don't get why people still subscribe to such a setup.

I give Harry and Megan a lot of credit for wanting to walk away from it and make their own way, but for God's sake, they should get "advice" from someone OTHER than the filthy OBAMA'S.

I know you've expressed support for the royal family before, brother Drummond, and I do believe that had I been born in the UK, I might have a different opinion of a "royal family" myself... IDK. But us Americans pretty much have been brought up to believe that if you gain wealth, it should be done by your own toil, not just given to you because you were born, and then to be supported for generations for doing virtually nothing.
    I think we agree .. I've got nothing at all against the path Harry and Meghan have chosen for themselves. They clearly want to get by from their own efforts / own revenue-creating plans /own money they already have, rather than continue to have the British taxpayer fund them, as is true for the Royal Family generally.

Can't help but agree on the Obamas. Then again, though .. and as Obama observed in an interview .. he gets a lot of favourable regard from overseas, and Harry was no doubt swayed from how our media treated him. Presumably Meghan reinforces those beliefs, if she's typical of the Californian crowd.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Why Harry and Meghan will find life even harder as non-royals

I haven’t posted much but this one really bugs me.

What kind of ego does it take to expect your spouse to give up his birthright, his family, and his country?

This smells like Edward VIII all over again. In that case, a royal abdicated on account of his American born wife.

Let’s forget for a second we are talking about the royal family. What do you think this is doing to Queen Elizabeth? Hasn’t she had enough heartbreak already? And at 94 no less!

And what about the British people? They must be feeling pretty hurt about this too

Meghan Markel is a narcissistic skank. Prince Harry should have told the bitch to hit the road. I am thinking she is going to divorce him when she’s done bleeding him for all he’s worth.

Too bad that bitch is an American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

17. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post

What kind of ego does it take to expect your spouse to give up his birthright, his family, and his country?

This smells like Edward VIII all over again. In that case, a royal abdicated on account of his American born wife.

Let’s forget for a second we are talking about the royal family. What do you think this is doing to Queen Elizabeth? Hasn’t she had enough heartbreak already? And at 94 no less!

And what about the British people? They must be feeling pretty hurt about this too

Meghan Markel is a narcissistic skank. Prince Harry should have told the bitch to hit the road. I am thinking she is going to divorce him when she’s done bleeding him for all he’s worth.

I’d not call her a bitch, but everything you say is spot-on. Harry may regret this entire debacle.

-Abbey

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I’d not call her a bitch, but everything you say is spot-on. Harry may regret this entire debacle.

My apologies Abbey . I've seen too much of this nonsense in my personal life and the lives of others I know. Female empowerment is one thing, but too often it is used to excuse behavior that would be otherwise condemned if men did the same. What she did casts a bad shadow on decent American LADIES such as the ones who are on this board.

I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll leave it at that.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

It's important to remember that we are all outsiders, looking in. We don't actually know either of these people, personally .. so I'm finding it hard to work out what all the opinions people hold about either's personality can possibly be based upon.

From what's been reported, Harry is being protective of Meghan because he doesn't want her to go through any equivalent of all the negative judgmentality his mother suffered. Meghan's even getting it from her own father, and he in turn is a part of a legal action that the Mail on Sunday is pursuing.

Both want to lead quiet, stress-free lives (to the extent that they can). I sympathise with them on that.

As for Meghan 'bleeding' Harry for all he's worth ... that just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. She'd have been a lot more successful in that endeavour, had Harry remained a fully committed 'Royal', because he'd still be getting the public funding such a status earns. As he's not one, as such, to anything like the original degree ... then, she has less to 'bleed' from him. What evidence is there that she doesn't like that new reality ?

People are PEOPLE. I don't subscribe to the notion that people 'own' other people. Harry and Meghan should be able to lead their own lives. From what I've seen / heard, the Queen concedes their right to do so, and has made appropriate arrangements.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

My apologies Abbey . I've seen too much of this nonsense in my personal life and the lives of others I know. Female empowerment is one thing, but too often it is used to excuse behavior that would be otherwise condemned if men did the same. What she did casts a bad shadow on decent American LADIES such as the ones who are on this board.

I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll leave it at that.
    No need to apologize! Your assessment of Ms. Markle rings true to me. I find her behavior extremely selfish, manipulative, and narcissistic. And Harry looks like a lost puppy following her around like that. My amateur psychological assessment is that the loss of his Mum left him very vulnerable. Is that a “Duh” sentence?

And please don't leave this (or any) thread!

-Abbey

23. Likes Kathianne liked this post