Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

A part of me kinda doesn't blame them from wanting to get out of the strict limelight style - to an extent. They will still be surely getting the limelight, and will likely end up making a ton of money on their own. I also read that Meghan is already worth about $7 million dollars. Prince Harry is apparently worth $30 million dollars, and another reliable site has him at $40 million. Either way, they don't need to ever work or make money again.

They can no longer use the HRH titles, as in "Her Royal Highness...". The sweet cottage they were in had like $3.1 million dollars worth of work to it for them, and apparently they will be paying that back. Not only that, they will be paying rent to stay there for now on. Of course they received a ton of funding/allowance, of which they will no longer get. Harry loses all of his titles, including 3 military titles, and also his Captain General of the Royal Marines. Any palace antiques or jewelry must be given back. They also received free security - no more.

She has now went from being a princess to one who is despised by half the world, blamed for harming the royal family and all it's been and meant for so many centuries. Even her own Dad spoke out about her and said she is demeaning to the royal family and history. This kind of information printed daily is what makes the hatred spread, right or wrong. She had a falling out with her Dad. Regardless of taking sides, she has completely ignored him and every attempt to contact her. That's family no matter what.

Also, has to be a reason why so many staffers around her quit. Without getting into all the rumors, supposedly she was difficult to deal with.

I don't know her, but I get a negative vibe about her. I can feel that arrogance about her, and her wanting attention and $$, trying to capitalize on her title. She wanted to perhaps start selling things with the Sussex names emblazoned all over them.

I think the Queen is likely devastated about her grandson and having to make quick and harsh decisions. But I think she's probably happy with ridding herself of Meghan.

I obviously can't vouch for what my 'opinion' of her is. And likely not the following either. But I read a LOT just like this over the past few years. Like I said, the way I see it is 'difficult'. This is just the opinion of a person commenting on a recent article.

Meghan Markle is rude to everyone, and this is not just her problem, it’s also a problem for the Royal Family. Time is now being spent, within the Palace walls, in trying to get to grips with her. This is why she is being ostracised by the Royals. The woman is causing mayhem!

Catherine had to tell her not to speak rudely to the staff. Then she was rude to Catherine at the fitting of Charlotte’s bridesmaid’s dress - which brought Catherine to tears.

She was rude to the people at St George’s Chapel when she couldn’t get her own way in having the use of air-fresheners.

Meghan has upset nannies, the Royal housekeeping staff, her PR people and her bodyguards. Many have walked out of their jobs because of her. Even workers at Wimbledon said her demands were unreasonable and that she was a nightmare.
    Here is one from within an article:

In an attempt to clarify all the stories coming out of Kensington Palace, some royal-adjacent sources told Vanity Fair that there were a few stories they believed to be correct, one of which being that Markle's had been nicknamed "Monster Markle" for being "callous" towards staff.
    Yet another one states that insiders at the palace call her "duchess difficult"

Then I saw "Hurricane Meghan" & "Bridezilla Meghan"!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    No need to apologize! Your assessment of Ms. Markle rings true to me. I find her behavior extremely selfish, manipulative, and narcissistic. And Harry looks like a lost puppy following her around like that. My amateur psychological assessment is that the loss of his Mum left him very vulnerable. Is that a “Duh” sentence?

And please don't leave this (or any) thread!
    Based on what, though ? Do you know her ? Do any of us know her ?

I've noted Jim's post, and the negative commenting reported, and the sources attributed to that commenting. Still .. do we know what drives any of it ? Possibly a 'source' seeking to cash in on a link with Harry or Meghan might've calculated that negative commenting was more newsworthy, and so, more ripe for personal gain. A newspaper would pay far more to get any 'dirt' on Meghan, than they would from someone praising her ...

I think this: Meghan Markle initially had zero concept of the vitriol the media could, and would, pour upon her. She failed to comprehend the predatory nature of many commentators in the media world. I've seen an interview featuring both Harry and Meghan, where Meghan was telling the interviewer that she never realised what negativity she could expect to experience .. and Harry turned around to her and said he'd done his best to warn her about it.

This all comes down to Harry knowing what his mother suffered, and being determined to save Meghan from a similar fate.

If we're going to be negative about Meghan, surely, there needs to be a good and verifiable grounds for it, if it's to be justified.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Based on what, though ? Do you know her ? Do any of us know her ?

I've noted Jim's post, and the negative commenting reported, and the sources attributed to that commenting. Still .. do we know what drives any of it ? Possibly a 'source' seeking to cash in on a link with Harry or Meghan might've calculated that negative commenting was more newsworthy, and so, more ripe for personal gain. A newspaper would pay far more to get any 'dirt' on Meghan, than they would from someone praising her ...

I think this: Meghan Markle initially had zero concept of the vitriol the media could, and would, pour upon her. She failed to comprehend the predatory nature of many commentators in the media world. I've seen an interview featuring both Harry and Meghan, where Meghan was telling the interviewer that she never realised what negativity she could expect to experience .. and Harry turned around to her and said he'd done his best to warn her about it.

This all comes down to Harry knowing what his mother suffered, and being determined to save Meghan from a similar fate.

If we're going to be negative about Meghan, surely, there needs to be a good and verifiable grounds for it, if it's to be justified.
    By that measure, what do we really know about any public figure? We can only look at patterns of behavior, and the fallout someone causes. She can’t get along with her own father or sister, her staff have quit in concerning numbers, and now she can’t even stand to live nearby or work with Harry’s family. All I can say to you is, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And there’s a heck of a lot of smoke surrounding this woman.

I’m sure you feel you know how bad certain liberal politicians are, having never met them, btw.

I would add intuition (which rarely fails me) but I suspect you don’t believe in it.

I do find it odd how easily you are willing to dismiss all of the things Jim posted.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    By that measure, what do we really know about any public figure? We can only look at patterns of behavior, and the fallout someone causes. She can’t get along with her own father or sister, her staff have quit in concerning numbers, and now she can’t even stand to live nearby or work with Harry’s family. All I can say to you is, where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And there’s a heck of a lot of smoke surrounding this woman.

I’m sure you feel you know how bad certain liberal politicians are, having never met them, btw.

I would add intuition (which rarely fails me) but I suspect you don’t believe in it.

I do find it odd how easily you are willing to dismiss all of the things Jim posted.
    Do we know that her failure to get along with her father and sister is her fault ? [For example, both could be jealous / envious of her success ...].

Staff quitting ... that can easily be down to cultural difference. An American is highly likely to have a more forthright, challenging, persona than would be true of, of all people, British Royal Family members ! British royalty are trained throughout their lives to conduct their business in as uncontentious manner as possible ... how well does this fit with American values and behaviours ?

I've seen comments on this forum which, if any American publicly expressed them in Britain, would earn police interest !!

As for 'liberal' politicians (remember, we use the word differently here) ... I don't need to know them to judge them. I've seen the extreme chaos they've meted out to this country I live in. I know where 'Leftieism' leads, because I've SEEN where it leads. I also know that any individual, knowing all this, who STILL subscribes to the politics known from experience to be destructive, just has to earn my opposition.

Not offering it would, for me, defy all logic. I actually KNOW that I'm justified, from experienced proof of it.

By contrast ... Meghan is an 'unknown' to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

It's a real life soap opera.

But why would anyone be cross with people that are surely just pampering them? To lead a life where everything is just handed to you and you're waited on hand and foot, and still not be happy?

IDK... I guess I couldn't do that either because I was raised to earn what you have and take care of yourself. I'd be lost if I had people around the clock waiting on me and I had to live by a strict regiment and protocol. So I guess I shouldn't judge because I'm sure that would eat on me too, and I'd want out. Money wouldn't be an issue. I'd feel guilty having everything handed to me on a silver platter. I'd have to get out and do things my way, on my own, and feel satisfied that everything I had I earned.

Reminds me of this song...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-22-2020 at 04:30 PM.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    It's a real life soap opera.

But why would anyone be cross with people that are surely just pampering them? To lead a life where everything is just handed to you and you're waited on hand and foot, and still not be happy?

IDK... I guess I couldn't do that either because I was raised to earn what you have and take care of yourself. I'd be lost if I had people around the clock waiting on me and I had to live by a strict regiment and protocol. So I guess I shouldn't judge because I'm sure that would eat on me too, and I'd want out. Money wouldn't be an issue. I'd feel guilty having everything handed to me on a silver platter. I'd have to get out and do things my way, on my own, and feel satisfied that everything I had I earned.

Reminds me of this song...

Provided the Canadian press don't start their own 'war' against this couple, I hope their new life suits them.

I've nothing against the Royal Family, and their lifestyle, or even how they're funded ... as I think you know. Nonetheless, the path that Harry and Meghan are on, is one I hope works out for them.

Meghan chose to be part of the 'Royals' ... but, did she fully comprehend what she was taking on ? I'm not convinced she did.

Harry, by contrast, didn't choose to be born to the parents he had, to be a part of that family at all. That he has the guts to choose his own path, and, one far less steeped in sheer privilege, is surely something deserving of merit.

10. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post