OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 9:58 AM PT — Sunday, January 19, 2020

Sen. Lindsey Graham said the Senate has decided against dismissing articles of impeachment without conducting a trial. On Sunday, Graham announced he and his colleagues need to hold a trial before striking down the House’s articles of impeachment, since the Senate does not have enough votes to dismiss them early.
“That’s dead for practical purposes,” he said. “There are a lot of senators who, I think, will wind up acquitting the president, but believe we need to hear the House’s case and the president’s case in answer to the House’s case.”
However, he noted the trial will be over quickly because many members are planning to vote against further witness testimony, which has been requested by Democrats.
Despite this, the president’s lawyers may be able to dismiss the case early. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has prepared a resolution that would allow President Trump’s lawyers to potentially dismiss the impeachment charges if they choose. Reports said there’s an option for the president’s counsel to make a motion during multiple phases of the process, including at the beginning of the proceedings.
Sen. Josh Hawley has remarked he would be “very surprised” if the final resolution doesn’t include an option to dismiss or remove the charges.
Should the charges not be dismissed early, reports claimed the trial may only last about two weeks.

White House officials said Rep. Adam Schiff may be called to the stand during the trial. On Sunday, former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi said Schiff lied during the impeachment probe, including when he said he did not know the identity of the whistleblower.
Bondi, who will serve as part of President Trump’s legal team, added the impeachment case has turned into “basic trash.” She said the president is just ready to put the whole thing behind him. She went on to call the articles of impeachment “flimsy” and argued there was absolutely no crime committed.
President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani has said he would jump at the opportunity to testify in order to expose the corruption he’s discovered in Ukraine. During a recent interview, the former New York City mayor said the corruption he’s found in the country “far surpasses any that I’ve seen before.”
He claimed the corruption involves Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden and “a lot of other Democrats.” Giuliani said he has facts, witnesses, documents and recordings he would like to share with the public. He added, “Everyone’s trying to suppress the facts to protect Biden.”
The Senate impeachment trial is expected to begin on Tuesday as soon as Congress members reconvene.
https://www.oann.com/graham-early-di...ical-purposes/I definitely want to see Schiff on the stand. He's going to get ripped to shreds. I'm sure, not according to the MSM and Dems.

If so much wasn't at stake this would be a damned joke. Not even a good one.