Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Is Anyone Watching The Impeachment Trial?

I do hope this goes quickly and comes to an end. Let us find out whom the Democrats are going to run against the President. More I hope, but doubt, that this becomes the end of the precedent of the impeachment of any president when the House is led by the opposing party.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Likes NightTrain, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I do hope this goes quickly and comes to an end. Let us find out whom the Democrats are going to run against the President. More I hope, but doubt, that this becomes the end of the precedent of the impeachment of any president when the House is led by the opposing party.
    I am, I am!

Unfortunately, I think the Dems still try every trick they can think of to delay and extend this as long as they can.

That's where I want to move onto as well, the Dem primaries/voting & the upcoming election. But I think the Dems see this as a part of that process. A few have already outright stated that things are in fact political and about the election. I believe they see this all as a tool to helping a Dem get elected in 2020. They hope that all of the non-stop negativity, even if the impeachment fails, will still harm Trump. And then of course, when things even remotely start to heat up, then we'll have to hear it over and over from whoever the candidate is.

Not that it matters to the election, but Nancy and others are laughing out loud that Trump is impeached, and always will be. That will be something else the liberal media runs with during election time as well.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I am, I am!

Unfortunately, I think the Dems still try every trick they can think of to delay and extend this as long as they can.

That's where I want to move onto as well, the Dem primaries/voting & the upcoming election. But I think the Dems see this as a part of that process. A few have already outright stated that things are in fact political and about the election. I believe they see this all as a tool to helping a Dem get elected in 2020. They hope that all of the non-stop negativity, even if the impeachment fails, will still harm Trump. And then of course, when things even remotely start to heat up, then we'll have to hear it over and over from whoever the candidate is.

Not that it matters to the election, but Nancy and others are laughing out loud that Trump is impeached, and always will be. That will be something else the liberal media runs with during election time as well.
    I think if the president leaves this to his 'legal team,' the public will just keep growing more disgusted with the Democrats. Will he?

He can gloat when it's over, but hopefully learned something about the Pelosi and co. pen giveaway at signing.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think if the president leaves this to his 'legal team,' the public will just keep growing more disgusted with the Democrats. Will he?

He can gloat when it's over, but hopefully learned something about the Pelosi and co. pen giveaway at signing.
    I think he will in the end. He'll do some of his usual inappropriate tweeting about certain things. But other than that, I think they'll set the rules and tone here. He's got a fantastic team.

Couldn't agree more though and I hope he has been learning. Disputing something maybe, but don't do any dancing about anything at all at the trial until voting has been completed! No need to intervene in the current public opinion at all. I think the Democrats have done a great job of increasing their opinion of him by way of getting sick and tired of their antics, and wasting of time.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Hopefully he can stay off Twitter until this farce ends.

There's a very real danger of pissing off Collins, Murkowski and Romney - not that Romney needs an excuse, he'd gleefully wield the dagger if given the chance.

We just have to trust McConnell. He hasn't let us down yet, and I have faith that this will be over quickly and the Democrats will end up looking like the incompetent and petty buffoons that they are.

The first vote was 54/47, right down party lines. I think that's how this will mostly go. McConnell's got this all mapped out.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Kathianne, Abbey Marie, Trigg liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I am not watching it. I have only about twenty or thirty years left to live and I’ll not waste part of it watching the Democratic Party hijack the government and attempt to hoodwink the American people.

I hope we get the House back. And if we do, I’d like to see articles of impeachment drafted against Adam pencil neck Schiff and Blinky Pelosi.

I
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    I am not watching it. I have only about twenty or thirty years left to live and I’ll not waste part of it watching the Democratic Party hijack the government and attempt to hoodwink the American people.

I hope we get the House back. And if we do, I’d like to see articles of impeachment drafted against Adam pencil neck Schiff and Blinky Pelosi.

I
    Same here! I won’t watch...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Same here! I won’t watch...
    I will not watch it at all. That it was allowed to get this far is a travesty and a weakening of our system of government imho.
    And we see which party is to blame and which party does not give a damn. Which party would destroy the nation to keep power.
    Which party has nothing but utter contempt for we the American citizens.
    Which party is as unpatriotic as they can be.
    Which party is as corrupt as they can be.
    Which party is the party of hate.
    Which party that should be destroyed if possible and then replaced with one that seeks peace,
    prosperity and the betterment of our culture and nation and its future.
    Dem party is truly an enemy to this nation-- and anybody that says they are not is a damn fool in my opinion..--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Not that it matters to the election, but Nancy and others are laughing out loud that Trump is impeached, and always will be.
    I'm not watching it either. This is all a democrap hit job that's been going on since even before Trump won. I've never in my life seen a more disgusting display of corruption and pathetic temper tantrum. Democrats are the party of trash, and the less I have to see or listen to their garbage, the better.

And I like what Ted Cruz said in response to double scotch happy hour Nancy that likes to say, he'll forever be impeached, Sen Cruz said, AND HE WILL FOREVER BE ACQUITTED.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-22-2020 at 08:23 AM.

16. Likes Drummond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'm not watching it either. This is all a democrap hit job that's been going on since even before Trump won. I've never in my life seen a more disgusting display of corruption and pathetic temper tantrum. Democrats are the party of trash, and the less I have to see or listen to their garbage, the better.

And I like what Ted Cruz said in response to double scotch happy hour Nancy that likes to say, he'll forever be impeached, Sen Cruz said, AND HE WILL FOREVER BE ACQUITTED.

I'm watching and here is what I am now hoping for.

I'm hoping that once they get through all these amendments that Dems knew stood no chance of passing and hear the 12 hours of testimony from each side and then revote on hearing from witnesses that every single Republican votes to hear from all witnesses called by either the prosecution or the defense and then Trump exerts Executive Privelege over Bolton , etc etc, and McConnel takes him to court to compel testimony, meanwhile we hear testimony from Schiff, Biden (both of them) , the whistle blower (whomever he may be) etc etc and then "oops we've ran out of time ,can't wait for the Supreme Court to rule on EP, and vote LOL burn the Democrats little playhouse right to the ground.

18. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Got home from work just before midnight and turned it on while web surfing. Most of it was mind numbingly boring but there was a bit of fireworks some time after 1:00am. Nadler opened the argument for subpoenaing Bolton and basically went on a 10 minute diatribe warning the Senate that if they didn't agree with the House Manager's views on this subject, they would be complicit in Trump's cover-up of the truth. Trump's attorney, Cipollone, followed up with a stern rebuke of this tactic which in the end earned an admonishment from Justice Roberts for both parties. After this display, all future amendments went down to defeat quite rapidly as McConnell had heard enough. The House Managers didn't earn any brownie points from this stunt.

20. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I've been watching/listening to snatches at a time. So far I agree with Faux..., the House team is not doing well. Schiff can't stop being condescending and at times reactionary to what the president's team has said. He soooo reminds me physically of Nixon. LOL!

I too caught the brouhaha last evening late.

I just turned it on a few minutes ago, will listen for a bit.

I guess when it comes to events like this, I just can't do, 'I know they're awful and will keep that opinion, no reason to hear for myself; I'll read, watch, listen to the sources that agree with me.' Sometimes I wish I could do that.

22. Thanks NightTrain, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just got home from grocery shopping, flipped on the TV in the shop to Fox News, and "sleave bag" Naddler is spewing his garbage, immediately turned it off. I can't listen to it, let alone look at that disgusting creature.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-22-2020 at 04:17 PM.

24. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Only 'notable snippets' of this are reaching British screens, at least, on the major channels, such as the BBC. Usually it's because one of our commentators feels s/he can make a news development report out of what's happening ... otherwise, precious little of it is being transmitted.

From what little I'm grasping out of all this, it seems that Trump will emerge from these proceedings unscathed (it's something of a foregone conclusion ?). He might even win the next election.

I take it that my understanding is the correct one ? That the Dems are twisting and turning, trying to bash the President in any way possible, even if it means scant attention to due process ?

Let an understanding come of all this .. that the Dems only respect democracy, when it specifically suits THEM. And let there be an almighty backlash against them, in the forthcoming election !!
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Speaking of Adam Schiff

How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

27. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post