Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Let’s be fair

As a lifelong night owl, this really resonates with me. You early birds get all the glory, lol, while we nightstalkers are sleep-shamed.

4F3F87DF-9373-4211-B4B5-A8A517B4EDD0.jpeg

ETA: I now fall asleep around 9:30 for about 15 minutes, wake up and stay awake until around 1am, then get up at 7am. Sigh.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Thanks SassyLady, NightTrain, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

All sleep is lazy

but everyone of us who leads a hectic life deserve some lazy time. I go to bed around midnight most nights, up at 7 AM. Damn wife and kids wanting breakfast and such.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    All sleep is lazy

but everyone of us who leads a hectic life deserve some lazy time. I go to bed around midnight most nights, up at 7 AM. Damn wife and kids wanting breakfast and such.
    Lol, sleep is an absolute necessity to live.

I make coffee weekdays, but breakfast cooking is only done on weekends. That is why God made cereal.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

I'm a sleep-in person. I like getting up in morning around daylight (no matter what time I fall asleep), go to bathroom, drink some water and check out weather and then climbing back in bed to snuggle down for some more snooze time. Seems indulgent and I'm all about indulging myself these days. I've earned it!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Likes Abbey Marie, FakeNewsSux, Kathianne, CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I used to be a huge night owl too, Abbey. I don't know what happened, probably old age, but like last night I went to bed at 9:15 and slept until 8:30. That's a little unusual. I usually go to bed at 10:00 and watch the local news in the bedroom, and when I shut my eyes I usually fall asleep so fast I can't remember how long it took. Seems like immediately. Usually I get up around 5:00 or 6:00.

I think part of the reason I sleep so well now is because of the new Puffy Lux mattress I bought, and the new Carriage bed. Has to be the most comfortable thing I've ever laid on.

8. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm a sleep-in person. I like getting up in morning around daylight (no matter what time I fall asleep), go to bathroom, drink some water and check out weather and then climbing back in bed to snuggle down for some more snooze time. Seems indulgent and I'm all about indulging myself these days. I've earned it!
    Yes!

-Abbey

10. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I used to be a huge night owl too, Abbey. I don't know what happened, probably old age, but like last night I went to bed at 9:15 and slept until 8:30. That's a little unusual. I usually go to bed at 10:00 and watch the local news in the bedroom, and when I shut my eyes I usually fall asleep so fast I can't remember how long it took. Seems like immediately. Usually I get up around 5:00 or 6:00.

I think part of the reason I sleep so well now is because of the new Puffy Lux mattress I bought, and the new Carriage bed. Has to be the most comfortable thing I've ever laid on.
    Intrigued that a mattress can have such an effect.

I do think age is changing my sleep habits.

-Abbey

12. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

And while I’m talking fairness, this is another thing that I’d like to see change:

E004EB80-B304-4241-B51C-8BEF127CE82B.jpeg

-Abbey

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm not sure if I count as a sleep in person but I don't roll out of bed until the sun is nice and warm, usually between 11:00 and 12:00. The thing is that I get home from work around midnight and by the time I wind down, watch the news and surf the web, I finally get to bed between 3:00 and 4:00 am.
    Last edited by FakeNewsSux; 01-24-2020 at 02:36 PM.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, SassyLady, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Intrigued that a mattress can have such an effect.

I do think age is changing my sleep habits.
    I never had a memory foam mattress before. I always had a coil spring mattress, and they lose their support so slowly that you don't notice until it's like sleeping in a HAMMOCK. My old mattress was great when I bought it, but it went to hell. My back always hurt when I got out of bed. This new Puffy Lux has a LIFE TIME warranty, and it's soft but it doesn't sag. I pop right out of bed in the morning rested and no back pain. I just love it. I like getting into bed now...

Another thing I frequently use are those Breathe Right strips you stick to your nose. Just awesome how they open up your nose to breathe. No need for any decongestant, ever.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-24-2020 at 02:59 PM.

18. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never had a memory foam mattress before. I always had a coil spring mattress, and they lose their support so slowly that you don't notice until it's like sleeping in a HAMMOCK. My old mattress was great when I bought it, but it went to hell. My back always hurt when I got out of bed. This new Puffy Lux has a LIFE TIME warranty, and it's soft but it doesn't sag. I pop right out of bed in the morning rested and no back pain. I just love it. I like getting into bed now...

Another thing I frequently use are those Breathe Right strips you stick to your nose. Just awesome how they open up your nose to breathe. No need for any decongestant, ever.
    I've worked as a hydraulic fracturing engineer in the fields for some period of my life and got used to sleep even on tables, so there is no much difference for me, but my wife ordered Zinus from top of this list. And Puffy lux is 5x more expensive. Are you sure it's THAT good. I mean, the price is not a problem for our family, but the only bad thing with zinus was ougassing for the first two days

20. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I've worked as a hydraulic fracturing engineer in the fields for some period of my life and got used to sleep even on tables, so there is no much difference for me, but my wife ordered Zinus from top of this list. And Puffy lux is 5x more expensive. Are you sure it's THAT good. I mean, the price is not a problem for our family, but the only bad thing with zinus was ougassing for the first two days
    I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for. I also researched which memory foam mattresses get the best reviews, and Puffy usually was the highest recommended. I got mine during a Father's Day sale and got $300 off, but when it comes to sleep and how important it is to get a good nights sleep, and considering how long I'd been putting up with a sagging mattress causing back pain and hard to sleep on, the price of a new mattress wasn't really my concern. Getting a GOOD mattress was, and when I found one that came as highly reviewed as the Puffly Lux, and with a LIFE TIME WARRANTY, usually buying something with a life time warranty that's more expensive than some competition, is cheaper in the long run because you'll never have to pay to replace it, if you ever do. You'll only pay for it once. That's why as a Master Harley Tech I also bought some of the most expensive tools sold, as in Snapon and Matco, because they have a life time warranty, and they have a tool truck with a franchise owner in it that comes right to your dealer once a week to address any tool concerns, exchanges, buy new tools, whatever. Again, you get what you pay for. I believe that if you buy some cheap, cute rate product, you're just getting an inferior product that one, won't last, and two, you'll have to replace it. So what's more expensive, buy the good product up front and maybe never have to replace it, or buy the cheap alternative and almost certainly have to replace it? Not only that, when it comes to mattresses, I highly doubt the cheaper mattress would be as comfortable as the Puffy, judging by reviews. There's just no substitute for quality in my opinion.

And yes, IMO, the Puffy Lux is that good. Every time I lay down in bed now I think.... AAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhh, that is soooo awesome, and more times than not now, I sleep straight the night without waking. Haven't done that in ages.

Sorry I rattled on for so long, I just wanted to make my point.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-04-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

S
    I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for. I also researched which memory foam mattresses get the best reviews, and Puffy usually was the highest recommended. I got mine during a Father's Day sale and got $300 off, but when it comes to sleep and how important it is to get a good nights sleep, and considering how long I'd been putting up with a sagging mattress causing back pain and hard to sleep on, the price of a new mattress wasn't really my concern. Getting a GOOD mattress was, and when I found one that came as highly reviewed as the Puffly Lux, and with a LIFE TIME WARRANTY, usually buying something with a life time warranty that's more expensive than some competition, is cheaper in the long run because you'll never have to pay to replace it, if you ever do. You'll only pay for it once. That's why as a Master Harley Tech I also bought some of the most expensive tools sold, as in Snapon and Matco, because they have a life time warranty, and they have a tool truck with a franchise owner in it that comes right to your dealer once a week to address any tool concerns, exchanges, buy new tools, whatever. Again, you get what you pay for. I believe that if you buy some cheap, cute rate product, you're just getting an inferior product that one, won't last, and two, you'll have to replace it. So what's more expensive, buy the good product up front and maybe never have to replace it, or buy the cheap alternative and almost certainly have to replace it? Not only that, when it comes to mattresses, I highly doubt the cheaper mattress would be as comfortable as the Puffy, judging by reviews. There's just no substitute for quality in my opinion.

And yes, IMO, the Puffy Lux is that good. Every time I lay down in bed now I think.... AAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhh, that is soooo awesome, and more times than not now, I sleep straight the night without waking. Haven't done that in ages.

Sorry I rattled on for so long, I just wanted to make my point.
    I think that’s likely true of certain products, like appliances, cars, mattresses, etc., but I’d make a distinction when it comes to designer labeled things. In many cases, they slap their name on a piece of jewelry or a shirt, and it’s more for status, and not worth the extra expense.

-Abbey

23. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I think that’s likely true of certain products, like appliances, cars, mattresses, etc., but I’d make a distinction when it comes to designer labeled things. In many cases, they slap their name on a piece of jewelry or a shirt, and it’s more for status, and not worth the extra expense.
    I'd agree with that Abbey.

I used my tools analogy because so much of my life has revolved around them, and I used them for my career choices and still use them. I'm still buying tools too, like the Makita belt sander recently. I could have bought a cheaper one but the Makita got such awesome reviews, and they were right, it's an incredible machine. As usual, I'm glad I spent the extra money.

One time my Dad suggested that since I retired from Harley Davidson that maybe I should sell some of my tools, because I do have a small fortune invested in them, probably north of $100K. I had a melt down... My tools define who and what I am and what I like doing.

But like they say, and I'm guilty as charged... "got champagne taste and a beer pocket book"...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-04-2020 at 12:56 PM.

25. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Mattress connoisseurs
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke