Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Kobe Dead

Last edited by hjmick; 01-26-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks NightTrain, icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Yeah, saw that. Flying in foggy weather... I've had a few close shaves doing that in helicopters myself a few times.

That Sikorsky is a pretty reliable helo, I suspect pilot error - but even a bird strike can bring it down.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

He was a pretty decent person from what I’ve heard. RIP

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    He was a pretty decent person from what I’ve heard. RIP

Well, except for that whole rape thing, sure...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Well, except for that whole rape thing, sure...
    That’s what I get for not really following sports and listening to others.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

Kobe Bryant’s Disturbing Rape Case: The DNA Evidence, the Accuser’s Story, and the Half-Confession

I feel for his wife and daughters, but I'd feel worse if I wasn't convinced he had been an unrepentant rapist who bought his way out of trouble.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    That’s what I get for not really following sports and listening to others.

Eh, salright... I lived in SoCal at the time so it sticks with me...

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Wow, just read this and thought I would post about it, and you guys been here for an hour doing so!

Dang, him and his daughter both. Sad day for the sports world. Speaking basketball, he was one of the best ever. I was never a fan of the Lakers but I respected his game. Didn't respect the few off court troubles of his.

What a sad way to go out and he was so dang young still. 41 years old is 10 years younger than me!

--

Lakers legend Kobe Bryant, 41, and his 13-year-old daughter are killed in Calabasas helicopter crash along with three others onboard

• Kobe Bryant, his daughter Gianna and three others were killed when his private helicopter went down in Calabasas, California, on Sunday morning
    • The 41-year-old basketball star's death was confirmed by TMZ
    • The LA County Sheriff's Department responded to reports of the crash near Las Virgenes Rd and Willow Glen St at around 10am after a fire broke out
    • The crash apparently occurred behind the home of Kourtney Kardashian
    • Bryant and Gianna are survived by his wife Vanessa and their three other daughters Natalia, Bianca and newborn Capri
    • The Philadelphia native spent his entire 20-year career with the Lakers, winning five NBA championships and 18 All-Star titles before he retired in 2016

Kobe and Gianna are survived by his wife Vanessa and their three other daughters - Natalia, Bianca and Capri, who was born last summer.

News of the NBA legend's death sent shockwaves in the sports world and beyond as dozens of celebrities paid tribute on social media.

Bryant was widely regarded as one of the greatest basketball players of all time.

The Philadelphia native spent his entire 20-year career with the Lakers, winning five NBA championships and 18 All-Star titles before he retired in 2016.

He was the first guard in NBA history to play at least 20 seasons and was the first and only player in Lakers history to have both of his jersey numbers - 8 and 24 - retired.

Bryant has been known to use a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter to travel for years - often flying from Newport Beach to the Staples Center for Lakers games.

Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna were killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, on Sunday morning.

The 41-year-old former Los Angeles Lakers basketball star's death was first confirmed by TMZ.

The outlet reported that Bryant was traveling with four other people - including daughter 'Gi-Gi' - in his private helicopter when it crashed, killing everyone on board.

Officials with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department responded to reports of the crash near Las Virgenes Rd and Willow Glen St in Calabasas at around 10am after a fire broke out.

The cause of the crash is under investigation. Witnesses reported hearing the helicopter's engine sputtering before it went down near the home of Kourtney Kardashian.

Sources told TMZ the chopper was on its way to Bryant's Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks for basketball practice.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported that another player and parent were also on the helicopter.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter-crash.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Alright, feeling bad now... there are reports his 13 year old daughter, Gianna, was one of the passengers.

That sucks. The whole thing sucks.

14. Thanks icansayit, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Alright, feeling bad now... there are reports his 13 year old daughter, Gianna, was one of the passengers.

That sucks. The whole thing sucks.
    Yeah, that sucks that someone so young was involved. And the others will be completely overshadowed since it's Kobe. But I'm sure their families care just as much.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Too bad Adam Schiff doesn't own a helicopter

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm from San Antonio. The only good Laker has a broken leg. Dying is going a bit far. Sorry about his family and their loss. And everyone else except ragheads' and pedophiles' families that lost loved ones yesterday whose names weren't Kobe so we'll never hear about.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm from San Antonio. The only good Laker has a broken leg. Dying is going a bit far. Sorry about his family and their loss. And everyone else except ragheads' and pedophiles' families that lost loved ones yesterday whose names weren't Kobe so we'll never hear about.
    Yeah, wasn’t there just a crash that killed our military?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

21. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Yeah, wasn’t there just a crash that killed our military?
    Even if we were not currently at war, there are training accidents every day. Somebody(ies) gets killed, crippled, maimed. Police officers and firefighters die every day. People are killed by drunk drivers, idiots driving on their cells. I could go on all day.

Kobe Bryant's loss is no more nor less to me than anyone else's. Now, if he'd died beating ragheads off the embassy wall with his e-tool (shovel), I might be impressed. That involves a selfless act of heroism. Flying in your private helo because you're too good to drive like the rest of the unnamed? Not so much.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

23. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Stuff like this is EXACTLY why I don't have a private helicopter.

25. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post