Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    28,701
    Thanks (Given)
    12406
    Thanks (Received)
    13604
    Likes (Given)
    2065
    Likes (Received)
    3181
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475284

    Default Whom would you choose?

    Taking Trump out of the picture for the moment, who would you love to see in the Oval Office? The only restrictions are that they are living, lol, and have been in politics.

    I’m probably forgetting someone, but two who come to mind for me right away are:
    1. Rudy Giuliani
    2. Nikki Hailey
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  2. Likes jimnyc liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    59,350
    Thanks (Given)
    6984
    Thanks (Received)
    26949
    Likes (Given)
    3136
    Likes (Received)
    3526
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Taking Trump out of the picture for the moment, who would you love to see in the Oval Office? The only restrictions are that they are living, lol, and have been in politics.

    I’m probably forgetting someone, but two who come to mind for me right away are:
    1. Rudy Giuliani
    2. Nikki Hailey
    I would love to see Nikki in there, that would be sweet!!

    I like Trey Gowdy a lot, but for the pit bull in him. I like McConnell too, but don't know if he has the toughness in him. I know Pence will be discussed.... I'm liking Nunes more and more. Kevin McCarthy.

    But right now, I think my vote out of them goes to Haley.
    “A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.”Bob Barker
    “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”Dean Koontz
    "If I could be half the person my dog is, I'd be twice the human I am" - Charles Yu

  4. Likes Abbey liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,890
    Thanks (Given)
    21141
    Thanks (Received)
    19308
    Likes (Given)
    153
    Likes (Received)
    4062
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475354

    Default

    I don't get y'all and Nikki Haley. She's a 1st generation American and her parents are Indian -- the towel-head type. That's a no. Caving on the SC flag is a deal breaker. And yes, I DO feel obligated to point this out EVERY time her name is mentioned. I will sit home before I will vote for her.

    I can think of no one or two people I would want in office that don't require a caveat or two. I DO like the idea of Gowdy. Not just because of the pit bull in him that jimbob likes, but because he's a damned-good lawyer and the Dems wouldn't be getting away with their shyster legal games so much as they have with Trump.

    Rand Paul with several caveats. Got to drop the isolationist-think. Doesn't work in today's world. Cut ties with some worthless loser countries? You bet. Stop pretending to be "friends" with countries that hate us? Yeppers to that too. Stick our head in the sand? Won't work. The rest of the World is a dangerous place and it won't go away just because we ignore it.
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    28,701
    Thanks (Given)
    12406
    Thanks (Received)
    13604
    Likes (Given)
    2065
    Likes (Received)
    3181
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475284

    Default

    Paul’s caveats are scary.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,890
    Thanks (Given)
    21141
    Thanks (Received)
    19308
    Likes (Given)
    153
    Likes (Received)
    4062
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Paul’s caveats are scary.
    I agree. I've often said you either are 110% in agreement with him, or you want to sew his lips shut There's no middle ground.

    I'll go ahead and break jimbob's parameter ... the last President I voted "FOR" was Ronald Reagan and I'd vote for him again. Pickings are extremely slim in today's offerings.
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    59,350
    Thanks (Given)
    6984
    Thanks (Received)
    26949
    Likes (Given)
    3136
    Likes (Received)
    3526
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't get y'all and Nikki Haley. She's a 1st generation American and her parents are Indian -- the towel-head type. That's a no. Caving on the SC flag is a deal breaker. And yes, I DO feel obligated to point this out EVERY time her name is mentioned. I will sit home before I will vote for her.

    I can think of no one or two people I would want in office that don't require a caveat or two. I DO like the idea of Gowdy. Not just because of the pit bull in him that jimbob likes, but because he's a damned-good lawyer and the Dems wouldn't be getting away with their shyster legal games so much as they have with Trump.

    Rand Paul with several caveats. Got to drop the isolationist-think. Doesn't work in today's world. Cut ties with some worthless loser countries? You bet. Stop pretending to be "friends" with countries that hate us? Yeppers to that too. Stick our head in the sand? Won't work. The rest of the World is a dangerous place and it won't go away just because we ignore it.
    I guess with Haley I was thinking that she is just getting stronger and stronger as time goes on. She can be quite a tough cookie when necessary, and also just seems like a nice woman. <-- I know, not exactly a reason to vote... But if it's against Biden again, or Sanders, or even by then maybe one of the squad - you wouldn't be able to prevent me from running fast enough to vote for anyone that is running on the right. Our overall choices collectively may not be the greatest ever, but its better than some of the worst ever on the other side!!

    And I'm liking Rand more and more myself. BUT, I haven't forgotten all of the kookiness I recall about him. And I'm not so sure how tough he would be if presented a situation that requires that big stick.

    Gowdy I just love everything about him. Great politician IMO and a damn great and tough lawyer. And knows the constitution quite well.
    “A person who has never owned a dog has missed a wonderful part of life.”Bob Barker
    “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”Dean Koontz
    "If I could be half the person my dog is, I'd be twice the human I am" - Charles Yu

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    28,701
    Thanks (Given)
    12406
    Thanks (Received)
    13604
    Likes (Given)
    2065
    Likes (Received)
    3181
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I agree. I've often said you either are 110% in agreement with him, or you want to sew his lips shut There's no middle ground.

    I'll go ahead and break jimbob's parameter ... the last President I voted "FOR" was Ronald Reagan and I'd vote for him again. Pickings are extremely slim in today's offerings.
    Hey! That was my parameter.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    over here
    Posts
    9,276
    Thanks (Given)
    3740
    Thanks (Received)
    3693
    Likes (Given)
    1298
    Likes (Received)
    939
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14591415

    Default

    Right now ... just about anybody in Freedom Caucus.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.


    George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

  12. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    USA East Coast
    Posts
    555
    Thanks (Given)
    657
    Thanks (Received)
    354
    Likes (Given)
    148
    Likes (Received)
    340
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2691812

    Default Two come to mind for me..

    Devin Nunes, and Trey Gowdy. Both Congressmen...Extremely Sharp, and Unafraid of anyone...Seemingly. Constitution is on their Side.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.

  14. Likes jimnyc liked this post
  15. #10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    9,002
    Thanks (Given)
    3899
    Thanks (Received)
    4144
    Likes (Given)
    4076
    Likes (Received)
    2429
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19887310

    Default

    Matt Gaetz or Ted Cruz.

  16. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    over here
    Posts
    9,276
    Thanks (Given)
    3740
    Thanks (Received)
    3693
    Likes (Given)
    1298
    Likes (Received)
    939
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14591415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Matt Gaetz or Ted Cruz.
    Cruz needs to stay in TX to help keep it red.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.


    George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

  17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
  18. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    35,890
    Thanks (Given)
    21141
    Thanks (Received)
    19308
    Likes (Given)
    153
    Likes (Received)
    4062
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Cruz needs to stay in TX to help keep it red.
    Yes. Just say NO to Beto. He'll be back, I'm sure. He's one of those people on "the list" who need to not be using natural resources such as oxygen.
    My quota of bullshit cop outs from closed minds is full today, Tomorrow's not looking good for you either.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Debate Policy - Political Forums