Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Meghan Markle and Prince Harry say the Queen doesn't own the word 'royal'

I don't think Harry would ever make such a statement and I think this has the hands of Meghan all over it. There is absolutely no reason to push it out there that they don't have to, but will. Showing defiance to the Queen in the mean time.

--

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry say the Queen doesn't own the word 'royal'

Standing up to the Queen!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry stunned fans last month when the couple announced they would be stepping back as senior members of the royal family. On Friday, the pair's spokesperson confirmed that, as a part of this plan, the Duke and Duchess will refrain from using the word "royal" or "Sussex Royal" brand in any capacity going forward, citing "specific UK government rules" as the reason.

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use 'Sussex Royal' in any territory post-Spring 2020," the spokesperson told People magazine.

But in a more lengthy post on Harry and Meghan's official website, the pair detail exactly how the transition will take place while also insisting that the Queen does not have any ownership over the term "Royal."

"While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word 'Royal' overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use 'Sussex Royal' or any iteration of the word 'Royal' in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020," Harry and Meghan wrote on their official website.

The "Royal" debacle is just one of several changes the Duke and Duchess of Sussex touched upon in their "Spring 2020 Transition" post on their website on Friday.

Rest - https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...own-word-royal
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I can't stand this guy but for once I agree with him. I love the Queen too much and she has more than earned full respect.

--

'Who the hell do they think they are': Piers Morgan lashes out at Harry and Meghan for their 'staggering disrespect' to the Queen after couple complain about being forced to drop 'royal' from their brand

• Daily Mail editor-at-large Piers Morgan posts tweet blasting Harry and Meghan
    • Morgan says 'staggering disrespect' by the couple toward Queen is 'outrageous'
    • He reacted to a statement posted by Harry and Meghan on their website
    • Couple pledged to stop using the word 'royal' in their branding after the Spring
    • Statement said Queen did not have jurisdiction over use of 'royal' overseas
    • They also appeared to complain that the palace is treating them differently

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are showing ‘staggering disrespect’ to Queen Elizabeth II with their public statement seemingly complaining about their treatment by Buckingham Palace, Piers Morgan has said.

‘The staggering disrespect these two keep showing to the Queen is outrageous,’ Daily Mail’s editor-at-large tweeted on Saturday.

‘Who the hell do they think they are?’

After the couple was forced to shut down their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand, Harry and Meghan posted an extraordinary statement on their own website.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ect-Queen.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well howdy do skippy... looks like we got ourselves a RUMBLE ROYAL here...

But what I don't get is, if Harry and his little squeeze don't want to be part of the "royal family" anymore, then why in the HELL do they still want to use the royal titles?

Harry and Megan are starting to come off as a couple of real want their cake and eat it too cry baby idiots to me, but then, when you're getting ADVICE from the likes of the ass clown HUSSEIN OBAMA, you're probably going to do some STUPID things.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-23-2020 at 09:50 AM.

5. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

The US leftwingnuts of the British Royal family

The MSM can't get enough.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

It should be obvious to everyone that this is Meghan’s influence over Harry. By all accounts he and QEII truly love each other. She’s awful.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

None of us can know who is influencing who to take what stand.

My guess: yes, Meghan is influencing Harry. But, it's only a guess. How are any of us to know to what extent that Harry has some anti-Royal sentiments bottled up in him, which have done a lot to influence his actions, reaching back long before he ever met Meghan ?

What about the circumstances of the death of his mother, and what he himself has labelled the awful duty required of him, as 'a Royal', to publicly walk behind her coffin at her funeral ? How about all of the 'anti' sentiment Princess Diana herself must've nursed, in herself, thanks to the marriage she had with Charles, and the Family's way of regarding its troubles ? Could Harry not have thoughts rooted in any of that, and long-term resentments, ditto ?

Fact is ... we just don't know precisely what's in the minds of either Harry or Meghan, and how this impacts on current events. I can theorise. We all can. None of us knows we're right.

My only firm view is that this couple have a right to at least the chance of a happy life of THEIR choosing. If they try to seize or use any means they have to achieve that happy future, I'll never feel like begrudging them any of it.
    Last edited by Drummond; 02-24-2020 at 12:47 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

My guess: yes, Meghan is influencing Harry. But, it's only a guess. How are any of us to know to what extent that Harry has some anti-Royal sentiments bottled up in him, which have done a lot to influence his actions, reaching back long before he ever met Meghan ?
    I agree there, it's all speculation and some rumors in there. But without knowing anyone personally, you never know the full reasoning. Especially more so when it comes to Harry, as his life as a royal is unique and something most folks can only imagine about.

What about the circumstances of the death of his mother, and what he himself has labelled the awful duty required of him, as 'a Royal', to publicly walk behind her coffin at her funeral ? How about all of the 'anti' sentiment Princess Diana herself must've nursed, in herself, thanks to the marriage she had with Charles, and the Family's way of regarding its troubles ? Could Harry not have thoughts rooted in any of that, and long-term resentments, ditto ?
    Yup, and MORE than agree there. If I were Harry, once old enough and learning enough, I would be off enjoying my life, minus public scrutiny and endless cameras and not to mention all of the duties that come with being a royal.

Fact is ... we just don't know precisely what's in the minds of either Harry or Meghan, and how this impacts on current events. I can theorise. We all can. None of us knows we're right.

My only firm view is that this couple have a right to at least the chance of a happy life of THEIR choosing. If they try to seize or use any means they have to achieve that happy future, I'll never feel like begrudging them any of it.
    I have so much respect for the queen, and for being an American. I also had immense respect for princess Diana. And felt horrible for the boys the day they had to make that walk. That decision to have them do so was wrong IMO. They were children and shouldn't have had their feelings thrust into the spotlight like that. But they handled that admirably and themselves with their duties ever since. I have no shortage of respect for the royal family and all they do for people around the world.

I have no issue with them choosing a private life as I too would do the same. This here angered me as I didn't see a reason of even mentioning that they had the right to use it elsewhere or that the queen had no authority to stop them or however one reads it. I'm not sure where that came from but that's I guess what angered me. My opinion is that she deserves all the respect in the world and if she says not to use the term, you darn well don't use it!

I don't think William would ever have this same option. Well, no doubt he COULD. But being QE2 is way up in her years, and Charles who is next in line is already 71. That leaves William potentially for years to come. And then after him are his children. Am I reading all of that correctly?

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post

Sounds like the British version of a millennial. He's fine with his entitlements but cries like a little bitch about the responsibilities that go with them.

IF the media would just ignore these two and their antics, they'd shrivel up and blow away. Instead, they are going to get a free ride on nothing but their names.

If they were truly interested in having a happy life of their choosing, they wouldn't be making so much noise. I personally could care less what they think about anything. Their judgment, individual or collective, sucks from my POV and is therefore suspect in its entirety,
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

15. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Sounds like the British version of a millennial. He's fine with his entitlements but cries like a little bitch about the responsibilities that go with them.

IF the media would just ignore these two and their antics, they'd shrivel up and blow away. Instead, they are going to get a free ride on nothing but their names.

If they were truly interested in having a happy life of their choosing, they wouldn't be making so much noise. I personally could care less what they think about anything. Their judgment, individual or collective, sucks from my POV and is therefore suspect in its entirety,
    Is it 'just their names' ? Harry's biological heritage (even if it's the only version of it he can look forward to ?) can't be denied. He IS a product of one of the most respected, dare I say 'revered', families on the planet.

Who, in knowing they had a permanent ability available to them of using the world's media whenever they choose to, would perpetually resist doing so ?

Harry didn't choose to be born. He didn't choose his parentage or the status due to him because of it. He didn't choose the fate his mother suffered, nor to suffer himself from its aftermath, and beyond. If he now chooses a more private life - AND to live comfortably, in the process - who am I to criticise his efforts to bring that about ? It IS his life, and surely even he has a right to exercise freedom regarding its style and nature. His future is (or should be ?) his own to command.

Meghan's a somewhat different proposition .. she did choose to marry a 'Royal', & she couldn't have been totally blind to its consequences. That said, doesn't 'even' she have a right to her own life, and with Harry, since that's what they both want ?

Probably, Harry will find his future to be a lot tougher than he imagines. But I refuse to begrudge him the best future he can hope for. And .. a name is only a name. It isn't of world shattering importance ....
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post

But what I don't get is, if Harry and his little squeeze don't want to be part of the "royal family" anymore, then why in the HELL do they still want to use the royal titles?

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

19. Likes Abbey Marie, Drummond liked this post