Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Sounds like the British version of a millennial. He's fine with his entitlements but cries like a little bitch about the responsibilities that go with them.

IF the media would just ignore these two and their antics, they'd shrivel up and blow away. Instead, they are going to get a free ride on nothing but their names.

If they were truly interested in having a happy life of their choosing, they wouldn't be making so much noise. I personally could care less what they think about anything. Their judgment, individual or collective, sucks from my POV and is therefore suspect in its entirety,
Is it 'just their names' ? Harry's biological heritage (even if it's the only version of it he can look forward to ?) can't be denied. He IS a product of one of the most respected, dare I say 'revered', families on the planet.

Who, in knowing they had a permanent ability available to them of using the world's media whenever they choose to, would perpetually resist doing so ?

Harry didn't choose to be born. He didn't choose his parentage or the status due to him because of it. He didn't choose the fate his mother suffered, nor to suffer himself from its aftermath, and beyond. If he now chooses a more private life - AND to live comfortably, in the process - who am I to criticise his efforts to bring that about ? It IS his life, and surely even he has a right to exercise freedom regarding its style and nature. His future is (or should be ?) his own to command.

Meghan's a somewhat different proposition .. she did choose to marry a 'Royal', & she couldn't have been totally blind to its consequences. That said, doesn't 'even' she have a right to her own life, and with Harry, since that's what they both want ?

Probably, Harry will find his future to be a lot tougher than he imagines. But I refuse to begrudge him the best future he can hope for. And .. a name is only a name. It isn't of world shattering importance ....