Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Coronavirus

Might as well start a thread about this since I think we're going to be talking a lot about it in the future, since it does NOT seem to be SLOWING DOWN in any shape way or form.

But I posted in another thread that there's stories out there that this virus was created in a lab, and that's exactly what they were just talking about on Fox News. They said that they "DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHERE it came from, but that there's indications it did come from a lab."

I think China stole it from a Canadian lab as the stories are saying, and then mishandled it in their lab, exposing a rat, a dog, a snake, whatever, and then someone took that animal out of the lab like they always do to make extra money, and sold it at one of their disgusting open air markets, and therefore spreading the virus, which is basically right now... OUT OF CONTROL. Of course they're trying to LIE about the virus being STOLEN from a Canadian lab, but governments LIE about just about everything, from the Roswell UFO crash, to Area 51 not existing, (funny, I've been there twice), to Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide... all lies...

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/20...espionage.html

https://greatgameindia.com/coronavirus-bioweapon/

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...nd-dead-africa

I also just heard that there ARE, STILL, FLIGHTS going from the US to CHINA, and from China to the US, and all over Europe as well. So we've been lied to again that flights have been stopped to and from certain areas of the world... they haven't.

This is going to get bad I think. The stock market crashed more than 1,000 points by closing today amid Coronavirus fears.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-24-2020 at 08:56 PM.

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Might as well start a thread about this since I think we're going to be talking a lot about it in the future, since it does NOT seem to be SLOWING DOWN in any shape way or form.

But I posted in another thread that there's stories out there that this virus was created in a lab, and that's exactly what they were just talking about on Fox News. They said that they "DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHERE it came from, but that there's indications it did come from a lab."

I think China stole it from a Canadian lab as the stories are saying, and then mishandled it in their lab, exposing a rat, a dog, a snake, whatever, and then someone took that animal out of the lab like they always do to make extra money, and sold it at one of their disgusting open air markets, and therefore spreading the virus, which is basically right now... OUT OF CONTROL. Of course they're trying to LIE about the virus being STOLEN from a Canadian lab, but governments LIE about just about everything, from the Roswell UFO crash, to Area 51 not existing, (funny, I've been there twice), to Jeffrey Epstein committed suicide... all lies...

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/20...espionage.html

https://greatgameindia.com/coronavirus-bioweapon/

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...nd-dead-africa

I also just heard that there ARE, STILL, FLIGHTS going from the US to CHINA, and from China to the US, and all over Europe as well. So we've been lied to again that flights have been stopped to and from certain areas of the world... they haven't.

This is going to get bad I think. The stock market crashed more than 1,000 points by closing today amid Coronavirus fears.
    Our own media (by that I mean, currently, a report from LBC radio) has said that a lot of conspiracy theories are out there. They report that one doing the rounds claims that the US created the virus and then spread it to China. Apparently, that theory was traced back to Russia as its source.

Better to just go with what we know is true, rather than with rumours.

I think we're close to seeing 'Covid 19' achieve 'pandemic' status (though South America and the African continent have been free of it, so far). I think that's becoming inevitable.

Here's the thing ... thanks to the monumentally stupid EU, a foundling policy of theirs is that all Member States have to agree to the free movement of its citizens, from one Member State country to any other Member State country, however individuals choose to travel. Well ... Italy now has a bad outbreak of it, and they're starting to seal off Italian territories (did I see a report about Tom Cruise being stuck in an Italian hotel, there to start filming for a Mission Impossible sequel ?). Now, with free movement across Europe, this virus is certain to spread, which in turn means that America would have to safeguard itself from any potential carrier from anywhere in Europe.

As for European citizens -- I'm sure they're celebrating EU policies and wisdom, around now ..... and I don't think the UK exited the EU quickly enough for it to make a major difference to us, either.

We 'rescued' our supposedly non-infected people off of that Japanese ship recently ... yet, four tested positive for the virus after reaching the UK. I wonder how many other people have been thought to be infection-free, when in fact, they're not.

[Me ... I'm reminded that 'Corona' was once a UK manufacturers' name for a range of fizzy drinks ... every time I hear about an outbreak of the 'Corona' virus, I'm thinking bottles of Cherryade ... ]
    Last edited by Drummond; 02-25-2020 at 10:49 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Our own media (by that I mean, currently, a report from LBC radio) has said that a lot of conspiracy theories are out there. They report that one doing the rounds claims that the US created the virus and then spread it to China. Apparently, that theory was traced back to Russia as its source.

Better to just go with what we know is true, rather than with rumours.

I think we're close to seeing 'Covid 19' achieve 'pandemic' status (though South America and the African continent have been free of it, so far). I think that's becoming inevitable.

Here's the thing ... thanks to the monumentally stupid EU, a foundling policy of theirs is that all Member States have to agree to the free movement of its citizens, from one Member State country to any other Member State country, however individuals choose to travel. Well ... Italy now has a bad outbreak of it, and they're starting to seal off Italian territories (did I see a report about Tom Cruise being stuck in an Italian hotel, there to start filming for a Mission Impossible sequel ?). Now, with free movement across Europe, this virus is certain to spread, which in turn means that America would have to safeguard itself from any potential carrier from anywhere in Europe.

As for European citizens -- I'm sure they're celebrating EU policies and wisdom, around now ..... and I don't think the UK exited the EU quickly enough for it to make a major difference to us, either.

We 'rescued' our supposedly non-infected people off of that Japanese ship recently ... yet, four tested positive for the virus after reaching the UK. I wonder how many other people have been thought to be infection-free, when in fact, they're not.

[Me ... I'm reminded that 'Corona' was once a UK manufacturers' name for a range of fizzy drinks ... every time I hear about an outbreak of the 'Corona' virus, I'm thinking bottles of Cherryade ... ]
    Well that's the thing, how do we know what's the truth about it's origins and what isn't? I think what we immediately hear is usually the cover up, and the truth filters out later, that's why I'm not totally buying the story that it came from bats or snakes. Far as I gather there's different strains of this virus, and this strain isn't like the known ones. Kinda gives credence to the story that it was cooked up in a lab. But I do think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Even the numbers of infected and dead appear to be tampered with...

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-...ed-states.html

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Russia Knows Just Who to Blame for the Coronavirus: America

Conspiracy theories are all over state media, following past patterns of disinformation.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/02/14...isinformation/

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

World Health Organization chief is a Chinese puppet, STILL claiming there is no coronavirus “pandemic” as global cover for the Communist regime

-------------

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-...-pandemic.html

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Iranian strain of coronavirus a “morphed” version of the one in Wuhan

(Natural News) During a recent segment on the Wuhan coronavirus (CoVid-19), a CNBC commentator explained that the strain currently circulating in Iran is different than the one that originated in Wuhan.

A clip of the segment that was shared to Twitter by Disclose.tv shows the commentator explaining how the situation has changed now that the novel disease appears to be mutating.

“At the end of the day, we don’t have any solutions, we don’t have any cures, we don’t have any vaccines. And this virus is morphing,” he’s heard stating.

“There’s a report out today that the coronavirus cases found in Iran are a different strain, and they did not come out of China. So, that can be troubling if that proves to be true.”

Some of the latest reports out of Iran reveal that schools are closing, hospitals are filling up, and chemicals are being sprayed in subways as the number of cases in the Middle Eastern country skyrocket.

As it turns out, the earliest known cases in Iran of this particular strain of the Wuhan coronavirus (CoVid-19) were in people that hadn’t even traveled to China, suggesting that it started some other way that authorities have yet to determine.

According to reports, the Iranian government has designated at least 230 hospitals across the country as treatment centers for the Wuhan coronavirus (CoVid-19). There are also 14 provinces where all cultural events, including soccer matches, have been put on hiatus.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-...ion-wuhan.html
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-25-2020 at 05:13 PM.

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Trump Says U.S. ‘Very Close’ To Creating Coronavirus Vaccine

------------

President Trump on Tuesday said the United States is “very close to a vaccine” for the coronavirus that is sweeping the globe.

In a press conference in India, Trump also defended his administration’s decision to repatriate nearly two dozen Americans on a cruise ship who are suffering from the illness.

“I felt that we should bring them back, they’re Americans, we should bring them back,” Trump said.

“As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job. I felt that — and the decision was made in Japan, let these Americans come back and we will see — but they were immediately put into quarantine. There is no problem whatsoever with quarantine.”

“I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away,” Trump said about the outbreak of coronavirus, known as COVID-19. “Now they have studied it, they know very much. … In fact, we are very close to a vaccine,” he said.

The number of coronavirus cases in the U.S. has now topped 50, including the former passengers aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship. Worldwide, more than 2,700 people have died from the virus and more than 80,000 are infected.

At his press conference, Trump also touted a $2.5 billion spending plan that his administration sent to Congress.

Trump said on Monday that the epidemic is under control in the United States.

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” Trump wrote on Twitter, where he is on a two-day state visit.

The White House is preparing to request emergency funding from Congress in order to address coronavirus, which has suddenly spread at an alarming rate across the world.

“We need some funding here to make sure that we protect all Americans,” White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said Monday on Fox News. Gidley did not say how much funding would be requested.

In India, Trump also said China appears to be getting control of the virus.

“They’ve had a rough patch and … it looks like they’re getting it under control more and more,” Trump said. “They’re getting it more and more under control so I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away, but we lost almost 1,000 points yesterday on the (stock) market.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...virus-vaccine/
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-25-2020 at 05:22 PM.

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I hope he's wrong, but this could be the BIG ONE we've all wondered if would ever happen... and I'm a PREPPER...

-----------

Harvard scientist: coronavirus pandemic likely will infect 40-70% of world this year

A Harvard epidemiologist calls a global COVID-19 pandemic 'likely' while CDC doctors say they are bracing for it to spread beyond the current 15 cases in the US

Harvard epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch told The Wall Street Journal that "it's likely we'll see a global pandemic" of coronavirus, with 40 to 70 percent of the world's population likely to be infected this year.

"What proportion of those will be symptomatic, I can't give a good number," added Lipsitch, who is the Director of the Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

Two other experts have recently given similar estimates.

Ira Longini, a biostatistician and adviser to the World Health Organization (WHO), has predicted that two-thirds of the global population may eventually contract COVID-19.

Prof Gabriel Leung, the chair of public health medicine at Hong Kong University, says if the transmission estimate of 2.5 additional people for each infected rate is accurate, that would result in an "attack rate" that would affect 60 to 80 percent of the world's population.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has already said that it is preparing for the coronavirus to have a greater impact in the U.S. than the 15 confirmed cases currently.

In an interview with CNN on Feb. 13, Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said, “Right now we're in an aggressive containment mode.” He added that “this virus is probably with us beyond this season, beyond this year, and I think eventually the virus will find a foothold and we will get community-based transmission."

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, recently confirmed that the CDC is taking steps to prepare for the coronavirus to “take a foothold in the U.S.”

Along with communicating with health care facilities and resources, Messonnier says that the CDC is in constant talks with the medical supplies manufacturers, distributors and other health care partners to ensure there are plenty of preventative devices like masks and gloves available in the U.S. in the event of a larger outbreak.

Some of these partners have reported higher demand for N95 face masks and respirators.

She also took the time to explain the CDC’s recommended use of any preventative supplies, especially face masks. Because the virus isn’t spreading through the community in the U.S., Messonnier only advises using face masks if “you are sick or under investigation and not hospitalized,” before one enters a health care provider’s office, or when caring for a potential infected patient.

When alone and at home, however, Messonnier says that people do not need to wear a mask.

She also confirmed that 195 people from Wuhan have completed the 14-day quarantine and left the March Air Reserve Base to be self-monitored with the help of state and local health authorities.

Additionally, amid reports of poor treatment of quarantined individuals and the military staff tending to them, Messonnier stated that the individuals discharged “pose no health threat to their surrounding communities or the community they will return to.”

After the CDC confirmed that a lab error led to the accidental discharge of an infected patient from a San Diego hospital, Messionnier told reporters that the CDC and other health officials are adding “additional quality controls” to keep patients organized.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...-preparing-for
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-25-2020 at 05:30 PM.

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

HPD - ya mind if I merge your thread here into an older running one? -- http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...-At-Japan-Port

Gunny started that one about the cruise ship and the virus, and it morphed into overall coverage.

I didn't want to move it instantly and have you think I deleted it. But I'll move it in a little while...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

18. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Iranian strain of coronavirus a “morphed” version of the one in Wuhan

(Natural News) During a recent segment on the Wuhan coronavirus (CoVid-19), a CNBC commentator explained that the strain currently circulating in Iran is different than the one that originated in Wuhan.

A clip of the segment that was shared to Twitter by Disclose.tv shows the commentator explaining how the situation has changed now that the novel disease appears to be mutating.

“At the end of the day, we don’t have any solutions, we don’t have any cures, we don’t have any vaccines. And this virus is morphing,” he’s heard stating.

“There’s a report out today that the coronavirus cases found in Iran are a different strain, and they did not come out of China. So, that can be troubling if that proves to be true.”

Some of the latest reports out of Iran reveal that schools are closing, hospitals are filling up, and chemicals are being sprayed in subways as the number of cases in the Middle Eastern country skyrocket.

As it turns out, the earliest known cases in Iran of this particular strain of the Wuhan coronavirus (CoVid-19) were in people that hadn’t even traveled to China, suggesting that it started some other way that authorities have yet to determine.

According to reports, the Iranian government has designated at least 230 hospitals across the country as treatment centers for the Wuhan coronavirus (CoVid-19). There are also 14 provinces where all cultural events, including soccer matches, have been put on hiatus.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-...ion-wuhan.html
    Iran is such a closed society, though .. how do we confirm the exact nature of the Iranian strain ?

Also .. how does anybody know, with certainty, just what links Iran maintains with China ? For all we know, contacts are frequent and plentiful. It's not as though Iran's going to advertise them.

We in the UK have a Channel 4 presenter (one of our TV stations) who's just returned from Iran, and he suspects that it's possible he caught the virus. He's self-isolated, upon return to UK soil. It'd be nice to believe that he'd voluntarily give a sample of his infected blood (IF it is !) for examination .. but he's Left wing.

I'm referring to Jon Snow.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/875599...now-channel-4/

Anyway ...... the big problem, here, is knowing what to believe and what to dismiss as unfounded rumour. As the virus spreads, so it's ever-riper for stories about it that are a far cry from truth.
    Last edited by Drummond; 02-25-2020 at 07:38 PM.

20. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

I hope he's wrong, but this could be the BIG ONE we've all wondered if would ever happen... and I'm a PREPPER...

-----------

Harvard scientist: coronavirus pandemic likely will infect 40-70% of world this year

A Harvard epidemiologist calls a global COVID-19 pandemic 'likely' while CDC doctors say they are bracing for it to spread beyond the current 15 cases in the US

Harvard epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch told The Wall Street Journal that "it's likely we'll see a global pandemic" of coronavirus, with 40 to 70 percent of the world's population likely to be infected this year.

"What proportion of those will be symptomatic, I can't give a good number," added Lipsitch, who is the Director of the Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.

Two other experts have recently given similar estimates.

Ira Longini, a biostatistician and adviser to the World Health Organization (WHO), has predicted that two-thirds of the global population may eventually contract COVID-19.

Prof Gabriel Leung, the chair of public health medicine at Hong Kong University, says if the transmission estimate of 2.5 additional people for each infected rate is accurate, that would result in an "attack rate" that would affect 60 to 80 percent of the world's population.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has already said that it is preparing for the coronavirus to have a greater impact in the U.S. than the 15 confirmed cases currently.

In an interview with CNN on Feb. 13, Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said, “Right now we're in an aggressive containment mode.” He added that “this virus is probably with us beyond this season, beyond this year, and I think eventually the virus will find a foothold and we will get community-based transmission."

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, recently confirmed that the CDC is taking steps to prepare for the coronavirus to “take a foothold in the U.S.”

Along with communicating with health care facilities and resources, Messonnier says that the CDC is in constant talks with the medical supplies manufacturers, distributors and other health care partners to ensure there are plenty of preventative devices like masks and gloves available in the U.S. in the event of a larger outbreak.

Some of these partners have reported higher demand for N95 face masks and respirators.

She also took the time to explain the CDC’s recommended use of any preventative supplies, especially face masks. Because the virus isn’t spreading through the community in the U.S., Messonnier only advises using face masks if “you are sick or under investigation and not hospitalized,” before one enters a health care provider’s office, or when caring for a potential infected patient.

When alone and at home, however, Messonnier says that people do not need to wear a mask.

She also confirmed that 195 people from Wuhan have completed the 14-day quarantine and left the March Air Reserve Base to be self-monitored with the help of state and local health authorities.

Additionally, amid reports of poor treatment of quarantined individuals and the military staff tending to them, Messonnier stated that the individuals discharged “pose no health threat to their surrounding communities or the community they will return to.”

After the CDC confirmed that a lab error led to the accidental discharge of an infected patient from a San Diego hospital, Messionnier told reporters that the CDC and other health officials are adding “additional quality controls” to keep patients organized.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...-preparing-for
    I'm sure it'll reach pandemic status within weeks or months. Much of the Northern Hemisphere's land masses have people on them who are infected. The southern hemisphere is largely unaffected so far, but I don't see why that would continue. Does nobody travel to Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Namibia .. ?

The good news is that the Falkland Islands people have an excellent chance of escaping it ... !

On the point of 'the truth appearing later' ... maybe. Then again ... consider 9/11. Conspiracy theories only emerged YEARS after the event, becoming more elaborate over time. It could just be that the earlier reports about Covid-19, while incomplete, were basically representative of the truth.

22. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Trump Says U.S. ‘Very Close’ To Creating Coronavirus Vaccine

------------

President Trump on Tuesday said the United States is “very close to a vaccine” for the coronavirus that is sweeping the globe.

In a press conference in India, Trump also defended his administration’s decision to repatriate nearly two dozen Americans on a cruise ship who are suffering from the illness.

“I felt that we should bring them back, they’re Americans, we should bring them back,” Trump said.

“As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job. I felt that — and the decision was made in Japan, let these Americans come back and we will see — but they were immediately put into quarantine. There is no problem whatsoever with quarantine.”

“I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away,” Trump said about the outbreak of coronavirus, known as COVID-19. “Now they have studied it, they know very much. … In fact, we are very close to a vaccine,” he said.

The number of coronavirus cases in the U.S. has now topped 50, including the former passengers aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship. Worldwide, more than 2,700 people have died from the virus and more than 80,000 are infected.

At his press conference, Trump also touted a $2.5 billion spending plan that his administration sent to Congress.

Trump said on Monday that the epidemic is under control in the United States.

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” Trump wrote on Twitter, where he is on a two-day state visit.

The White House is preparing to request emergency funding from Congress in order to address coronavirus, which has suddenly spread at an alarming rate across the world.

“We need some funding here to make sure that we protect all Americans,” White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said Monday on Fox News. Gidley did not say how much funding would be requested.

In India, Trump also said China appears to be getting control of the virus.

“They’ve had a rough patch and … it looks like they’re getting it under control more and more,” Trump said. “They’re getting it more and more under control so I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away, but we lost almost 1,000 points yesterday on the (stock) market.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...virus-vaccine/
    I'd be prepared to take all of Trump's pronouncements as accurate, if it weren't for the European problem.

Italy has a bad infection rate, currently ... add to that the EU's long standing, braindead policy of free movement of peoples across Europe, and this must force Europe to be a threat to the rest of the world.

What special measures has Trump instituted against visitors from that part of the world ? Any ?

24. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    HPD - ya mind if I merge your thread here into an older running one? -- http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...-At-Japan-Port

Gunny started that one about the cruise ship and the virus, and it morphed into overall coverage.

I didn't want to move it instantly and have you think I deleted it. But I'll move it in a little while...
    Yeah for sure, bro. Go for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

From what I'm hearing, the corona virus is highly contagious but not very deadly to the normal, healthy person. What we don't hear broadcast to us on a daily basis is the fact that the common flu kills 60-65 thousand people in this country each year. Yes, this is something to be aware of and to seek medical attention if necessary but I don't see anything that would have me shopping around for deserted islands, looking for someplace to build a shelter on.

27. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Coronavirus spreads to Germany, Switzerland, Croatia, Iraq, Spain, Algeria, Austria and Brazil while cases explode in Italy by 45% in one day

-------------

Over the last 36 hours or so, the coronavirus spread has now been confirmed in a slew of new countries, including Germany, Switzerland, Croatia, Iraq, Spain, Algeria and Austria. Cases are already confirmed in Belgium, Lebanon, Finland, Sweden, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Israel, Cambodia, Nepal, Afghanistan, Russia and many other countries.

An infection is now suspected in Brazil, which would make it the first South American nation to confirm a coronavirus infection, bringing the virus to a whole new continent. According to Brazil’s Health Ministry, one test of a local patient has reportedly come back positive. A second confirmation test is necessary to make the diagnosis “official.”

These are irrefutable facts, yet we still have naysayers throughout the media and across the cultural landscape who claim none of this is happening, that the coronavirus bioweapon system is “just another flu,” or that it’s a grand hoax being perpetrated by all these countries as some elaborate staged event to commit economic suicide for some unknown reason.

Pandemic denialism is essentially the “Flat Earth” version of epidemiology. According to the denialists, all the nations listed above are faking it, sacrificing their national economics to carry out some sort of elaborate hoax for some unimaginable reason.

Rush Limbaugh, meanwhile, still insists the coronavirus is just “the flu.” It’s a reminder why highly influential people should stick to their areas of expertise and not wander into areas where they very quickly demonstrate their shocking technical ignorance and lack of knowledge.

Coronavirus cases explode in Italy by 45% overnight

Coronavirus infections exploded overnight in Italy, rising to 322 confirmed cases, an increase of 100 from the previous day.

To try to stop the spread of the virus, Italy is running armed road blocks surrounding 12 towns, prohibiting road travel.

According to The Epoch Times, no one in Italy even knows the source of the outbreak, completely obliterating any argument from WHO officials that this is “contained” or “not a pandemic.” Via TET:

Italian health officials haven’t yet identified the source of the outbreak. Angelo Borrelli, the head of the Italian civil protection department, said the case count grew from 222 to 322, representing a 45% increase, in a 24-hour period from Monday evening to Tuesday evening.

According to the pandemic denialists, of course, Italy must be faking it for some reason. Yes, it’s an insane idea, but that’s what is now being promoted by the left-wing media and even some conservative journalists.

Notably, the very bureaucrat in Iran who told everybody the virus was no big deal is now infected himself. Also via TET:

Only a day earlier, a coughing and heavily sweating Iraj Harirchi said at a televised news conference in Tehran that “the situation is almost stable in the country.”

Health Ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour confirmed Harirchi had the virus. Harirchi himself posted an online video saying he had it and that he had quarantined himself at home. He promised that authorities would bring the virus under control.

That’s reassuring, huh? The very government bureaucrat sitting in quarantine after accidentally getting infected is telling us all the government has it under control. The irony is almost pure comedy, if it weren’t so tragic.

San Franciso declares state of emergency while media tells us there’s no emergency at all

San Francisco, meanwhile, has just declared a state of emergency over the coronavirus, even when CDC officials claim there are essentially zero confirmed cases in San Francisco.

According to the SF Chronicle, Mayor London Breed said more resources need to be allocated, “to make sure we are prepared,” even while the entire media establishment in America claims there’s nothing to be prepared for in the first place.

So why did San Fran just declare an emergency, then?

The CDC’s insane policy of “Don’t Test, Don’t Tell” is keeping America in the dark while the epidemic explodes across U.S. cities.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-02-...ria-italy.html
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-26-2020 at 08:49 AM.