Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Let's just get what most of the Democrats are telling America today...and move on.

THE VIRUS, and Everything related to it, connected to it, done about it...Around the World is.....

HIS FAULT >>>>>>>>>
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Interesting read. BTW, I do not blame the president per se, his emphasis is where it has always been-on the economy. Problem is, this virus is much like foreign affairs, the president doesn't always get to keep his attention where he wanted it to be. The question becomes, when, not if, he changes focus:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...h-serious-flu/

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm off to work in a few minutes, leaving you with this link. Sorry about repeat links from same source, but it's the links there and graphs that are garnering my attention.

I'm not freaked out over this disease, but it's 'not just the flu,' which is bad enough as everyone now knows:

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpun...tate-hot-spot/

The graph about 'with preventative measures and without,' is telling. It's also why it's important that people stop the politics and get their thinking hats on. It should make sense to anyone who thinks that vaccinating their children or grandchildren is a good idea.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

It's too serious to be funny.

At least, I think so.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ealth-17901560

Health minister Nadine Dorries has confirmed she has tested positive for coronavirus.

The Conservative MP is now reportedly self isolating.

According to reports revealed on Tuesday night Ms Dorries, who represents Mid Bedfordshire, fell ill last Friday.

She said in a statement to the BBC: "I can confirm I have tested positive for coronavirus.

"As soon as I was informed I took all advised precautions and have been self isolating at home.

"Public Health England has started detailed contact tracing and the department and my parliamentary office are closely following their advice."
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-10-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

5. Thanks NightTrain, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just heard on our local news that there are two new cases in Wisconsin bringing it up to 3, and they BOTH had just returned from traveling outside of Wisconsin to areas where the virus is known to be present and spreading.

So that's how it'll spread here. People who don't care, dragging it into our state and spreading it around.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-10-2020 at 06:10 PM.

7. Thanks NightTrain, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Just heard on our local news that there are two new cases in Wisconsin bringing it up to 3, and they BOTH had just returned from traveling outside of Wisconsin to areas where the virus is known to be present and spreading.

So that's how it'll spread here. People who don't care, dragging it into our state and spreading it around.

Containment is a lost cause.

Batten down the hatches and try to protect anyone over 60.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

9. Thanks FakeNewsSux, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

One day at a time. That's what I ask the Lord for each night. One more day to share with my family and friends. HE will decide. Besides using common sense, good hygiene practices, there's nothing anyone can do but wait it out.

Driving one's self insane with fear isn't really living though. Just saying.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks FakeNewsSux, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post

Exactly the same pattern as here.

The earlier UK cases we'd traced were all, every single one of them, of people who'd returned from overseas hotspots, like China, Iran, Italy. We'd almost got to the 100-mark before the first case turned up of contracting it within the UK. The vast majority are still of people contracting it abroad.

Listening to phone-in programmes as I do (usually LBC, a London radio station) ... I hear of example after example of people landing here at Heathrow, Gatwick, and other such UK airports ... who are just waved through, able to enter the UK without even the suggestion of a check of them.

Where Heathrow's concerned, that's especially bad. The vast majority of travellers having the UK as their destination, then go to the London Underground, and go travelling on the Tube, to anywhere in London or beyond. That automatically makes the Tube trains involved potential carriers.

Anyone bothering ... call up a map of the London Underground, and check out the line serving the Heathrow terminals ... the Piccadilly Line. It alone stretches clear across London ... forget about interchange stations !! You can go from Heathrow Terminal 4 to Cockfosters (SW to N) ... right across London, in the same carriage, in under an hour. You'd be in the immediate company of maybe 30-40 people in that carriage during the journey. Surfaces may become contaminated, air ditto. Etc etc.

That's just one train. Six per hour, every hour, every day ...
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-10-2020 at 07:44 PM.

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Exactly the same pattern as here.

The earlier UK cases we'd traced were all, every single one of them, of people who'd returned from overseas hotspots, like China, Iran, Italy. We'd almost got to the 100-mark before the first case turned up of contracting it within the UK. The vast majority are still of people contracting it abroad.

Listening to phone-in programmes as I do (usually LBC, a London radio station) ... I hear of example after example of people landing here at Heathrow, Gatwick, and other such UK airports ... who are just waved through, able to enter the UK without even the suggestion of a check of them.

Where Heathrow's concerned, that's especially bad. The vast majority of travellers having the UK as their destination, then go to the London Underground, and go travelling on the Tube, to anywhere in London or beyond. That automatically makes the Tube trains involved potential carriers.

Anyone bothering ... call up a map of the London Underground, and check out the line serving the Heathrow terminals ... the Piccadilly Line. It alone stretches clear across London ... forget about interchange stations !! You can go from Heathrow Terminal 4 to Cockfosters (SW to N) ... right across London, in the same carriage, in under an hour. You'd be in the immediate company of maybe 30-40 people in that carriage during the journey. Surfaces may become contaminated, air ditto. Etc etc.

That's just one train. Six per hour, every hour, every day ...
    I just came across this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51827356

Washington is all a twitter that they should work from home.

15. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I’ve been looking for this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wa...us/ar-BB110pjA

There’s a lot of older folks working at Walmart and lots of people of questionable hygiene shopping.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I just came across this:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51827356

Washington is all a twitter that they should work from home.
    ... yes. I posted about it ....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...305#post952305

We had a Commons vote today (one voting on whether to accept Huawei technology !). Boris suffered a Conservative rebellion against his drive to adopt it ... but won nonetheless.

I think we'll get to the point (are we there already ?) where we say, 'Keep MP's in the Commons, throw away the key, and they can self-isolate en masse'.

18. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Well this isn't good! Who wants to see guys in uniform over this!

But we are apparently up to 108 cases now. Yikeys. 173 in all of NY.

--

NY to Deploy National Guard to New Rochelle, Set Up Containment Area; Tri-State Cases Nearly Quadruple in Days

Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced a slate of sweeping new directives Tuesday for Westchester County's New Rochelle, which he described as the "most significant cluster in the country" and accounts for the lion's share of the tri-state's surging caseload.

Those measures include deploying National Guard troops to a Health Department command post and setting up a satellite testing facility and one-mile containment area in the city. To date, Westchester County has seen 108 confirmed COVID-19 cases; that's 58 percent of all tri-state cases.

New Rochelle is home to the midtown Manhattan lawyer who has been linked to dozens of cases across multiple states. He was the second confirmed case in the state and its first instance of community spread.

There have since been fresh instances of community spread, including in New York City, which Cuomo said added more than a dozen new cases overnight. Overall, the state of New York sits at 173 confirmed cases, trailing only Washington state (179) as America's most impacted state.

Meanwhile, school closings, community event cancellations and other fallout from the virus are expanding as officials work to contain the spread.

Asked Tuesday whether New York City's iconic St. Patrick's Day Parade, scheduled for next week should be canceled out of caution, Cuomo said officials are still assessing the situation. But it's possible.

"You calibrate your response to the time and the facts and the circumstances in that place at that time," Cuomo said on CNN. "So parades, etc. we look at that on a daily basis."

Rest - https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-days/2319688/
    It's weird being in a less populated area. While there are near 60k people here during peak times, the next town/city of same size or bigger is over 40 miles away. The counties are also huge in sq miles, with that in mind, I was a bit shocked to find that with 8 cases in all AZ, 5 are in my county, one of which today they said is community infection, a worker in a school.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I honestly didn't go back and look - but did all of you see that Italy has quarantined their ENTIRE country!
    Yep, it would make more sense to have done that earlier, but no country wants that big of an economic hit. IF they prevent/mitigate the community spread, people will come back and say, "It wasn't that big of a deal, not that many died-like the flu." So, better more die, then try to mitigate, so that you don't look like a 'sky is falling' person.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

As China is out there testing 20,000+ per day - the United States as a whole has thus far tested 6,500? WTF is wrong with this picture? What is the hold up I wonder?

Only 6,563 Americans have been tested for the coronavirus so far

Despite vows to drastically expand the coronavirus testing regime, federal and state public health authorities have tested only 6,563 people for the coronavirus as of Tuesday morning, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and numbers provided by all 50 states.

That count includes people tested by the federal government and by state laboratories. Because those laboratories may not always report people who tested negative for the coronavirus, the true number of people tested is probably somewhat higher.

Confusion about that exact number persists even at the highest reaches government. Earlier on Tuesday, Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said he couldn’t provide the figure. “We don’t know exactly how many because hundreds of thousands of our tests have gone out to private labs and hospitals that currently do not report in to CDC,” he said in a CNN appearance.

That number stands in stark contrast to the promises made by leading members of the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force, who have variously asserted that 75,000 people would be tested by last week’s end and that laboratories across the United States would have the capacity to conduct 1.5 million tests by the beginning of this week.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/only-5000-ame...151447195.html
    If they don't do more to mitigate, though there are sounds tonight that they may be getting there, the health care system will be overwhelmed.

Too many serious virus folks in the hospital? There aren't enough respirators. None of this is simple.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Interrupting All The Bad News In This Thread

Virus related good news:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/0...assy-hostages/

Iran: Coronavirus Kills Former Interrogator of U.S. Embassy Hostages

Posted by Vijeta Uniyal Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 11:00am
    UC Berkeley-educated Hossein Sheikholeslam was also a top architect of the terrorist group Hezbollah.

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post