Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Or better yet, start immediately divesting anything possible from China. I would GLADLY pay MORE for something MADE IN AMERICA!

------------------------

Rep. Jim Banks: ‘Demand Reparations’ from Communist China for Coronavirus

Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN) said on Monday that the United States should begin forcing China to “pay the burden and the cost incurred” by the U.S. due to the Wuhan coronavirus.

The Indiana lawmaker said during an appearance on Monday’s Tucker Carlson Tonight that the U.S. should place the financial burden caused by the Chinese coronavirus on China and floated several ways to do that, including China relieving a “great amount” of U.S. debt.

“We need to start by forcing China to pay the burden and the cost incurred on the United States of America due to the coronavirus. I think there are many ways that we can do that,” Banks said.

He continued:

The president could force China to relieve a great amount of American debt. He could institute tariffs on China and designate the funds from that into a coronavirus victim relief fund to pay the cost incurred on Americans and American taxpayers due to the negligence on China’s behalf that’s led to the crisis in America today.

“So by releasing the debt, the U.S. debt held by the Chinese, we could fund that,” Carlson said, asking Banks if he believes the Trump administration will go in that direction.

“I hope so,” Banks said, applauding the “enormous” strength Trump demonstrated on trade deals.

“I have no doubt that President Trump will do everything that he can to hold China accountable for what they’ve caused on Americans today,” he said.

:Video at link...

“I joined @tuckercarlson last night to discuss how we can begin to demand reparations from Communist #China for putting us through the economic strain of #coronavirus,” Banks said in a tweet that shared his Tucker Carlson Tonight
    “By refusing to let CDC come to China and study the new virus, by lying to their citizens and saying the virus wasn’t transmitted by person to person contact when they knew the opposite was true, National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien has said this cost the world two months in preparation time for this virus,” Banks said in an exclusive statement to Breitbart News.

“China needs to pay up, and Congress will be working with members of the Trump administration to learn the best way to hold them accountable,” he added.

The virus, which originated in Wuhan, China, has now infected over 189,000 people worldwide. The number of cases in the United States currently tops 5,100.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...YKlG-Nrf8VJDak
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-17-2020 at 02:55 PM.

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default City that never sleeps - thinking about sleeping!

That would be kind of crazy, and we're only talking NYC there - 8.62 million+

If Cuomo ever thought about this, in New York state we have a total population of 19.54 million+

I'm not sure I ever see either doing this, but like I said, it IS being discussed.

--

De Blasio urges New Yorkers to prepare to shelter in place

Washington (CNN)New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio urged New Yorkers on Tuesday afternoon to prepare for the possibility that there could be a shelter in place order within the next two days, though Gov. Andrew Cuomo, whose approval would be required for such a move, downplayed the possibility earlier in the day.

"I think New Yorkers should be prepared right now for the possibility of a shelter in place order," de Blasio, a Democrat, said during a press briefing. "It has not happened yet but it is definitely a possibility at this point. I believe that decision should be made in the next 48 hours, and it's a very, a very difficult decision."

De Blasio said his team was in touch with the governor's office about how to proceed.

Such a drastic move to combat the spread of coronavirus would follow a similar order issued in Northern California that affects nearly 7 million people.

But Cuomo, who is also a Democrat, had dismissed the possibility that New York City residents will be asked to quarantine.

"We hear New York City is going to quarantine itself. That is not true. That cannot happen," Cuomo said during a press conference. "It cannot happen legally. No city in the state can quarantine itself without state approval. And I have no interest whatsoever and no plan whatsoever to quarantine any city."

Earlier on CNN's "New Day," de Blasio told CNN's Alisyn Camerota "we're absolutely considering that" when asked if New York was considering a measure similar to California's order.

"I mean, right now we have taken a series of steps to reduce the number of people who are circulating around. But we're going to look at all other options and it could get to that for sure. It could get to that for the whole country," de Blasio said.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/17/polit...ntv/index.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Like I said, all over the map. Less than the flu, positive news about the virus... and things like this coming out too.

--

Coronavirus doctor says lung scans for young patients were ‘nothing short of terrifying’

A Belgian doctor working to battle the coronavirus says he’s treated several seriously ill young patients — and their lung scans were “nothing short of terrifying,” according to reports.

Dr. Ignace Demeyer, who works at a hospital in Aalst, said an increasing number of people between the ages of 30 and 50 have presented with severe symptoms, despite having “blank medical records” that show no underlying conditions that would make them high-risk, the Brussels Times reported.

“They just walk in, but they are terribly affected by the virus,” Demeyer told the Belgian broadcaster VRT.

He said CT scans indicated they were suffering from severe lung damage.

“The images we took yesterday are nothing short of terrifying,” the doctor told the station.

“They are people who do not smoke, who have no other conditions such as diabetes or heart failure,” Demeyer added.

Belgium has reported at least 1,085 COVID-19 cases and at least five deaths since the virus emerged in China in December.

Worldwide, there have been more than 190,000 people infected as of Tuesday afternoon, according to a tally from Johns Hopkins University.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/corona...of-terrifying/
    This is too reminiscent of the Spanish flu outbreak of a century ago. I was listening to a broadcast just a couple of days ago, that reviewed how the pandemic developed, and what was reported of those who suffered it. I recall how that, too, went into detail about the extent of lung damage suffered ..
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The story of WHERE THE CORONAVIRUS came from and how it got set lose is an interesting one, and being MAJORLY POO-POOED by the democrat propaganda wing on google, but seeing as of late how RABIDLY the left DEFENDS China, I'm very inclined NOT to believe any of their so called debunking of this story.

There's a lot of indisputable facts here... long read, I'll let anyone interested use the link.

------------

Did China Steal Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponize It?

https://www.theburningplatform.com/2...-weaponize-it/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It came out of China, whether by poor hygiene in restaurants or from bio-lab. In any case, they are trying to move blame, not that it's believed outside of China, but that is their audience and they don't give two flying figs about anyone else's opinions. Truth.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Investigation complete...

Wuhan, China, 2019:

Attachment 12388

Okay... I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I'm also not one who believes too strongly in coincidences either.

Fact: 20 mile south of the market China claims was the source of this exciting new plague is a level 4 bio-lab.

From 24 January 2020:

Two years before the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus that has so far killed 25 people in China, scientists spoke of their fears about a new laboratory being built to study some of the world’s most dangerous viruses.
    Something I am very suspicious of.

A couple of days ago, China accused the US Army of releasing the virus there in Wuhan.

Completely preposterous, but, yet, there's over a billion Chinese peasants that will believe what the communist government tells them to believe.

Is it possible that as microbiologists worldwide work on this bug, that it will come to light that it was engineered?

Communists have a pretty awful track record with regard for their own people. A few hundred million deaths? Meh.

I've also been pondering the upside down population of China after decades of enforced 1-child per family policy.

Right now they have a huge population of elderly citizens that are a drag on the economy and relatively few working age adults propping the whole system up.

This particular bug is especially lethal for the 60+ age group.

Then consider that Chinese spies were caught stealing corona viruses from a Canadian lab last year and were summarily expelled from the country.

This is getting solidly into conspiracy theories, but there's a lot of coincidences here combined with China trying to get ahead of the story that it's man made and the US is to blame.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Live, from downtown Seattle, this is the scene at lunchtime.

20200317_121835.jpg

This is NT, your man on the ground at the epicenter!

<insert Pulitzer here>

14. Thanks Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Live, from downtown Seattle, this is the scene at lunchtime.

20200317_121835.jpg

This is NT, your man on the ground at the epicenter!

<insert Pulitzer here>
    Neil Cavuto had 5th Ave and Times Square, seriously only a bit busier. I think I'm living in the busiest place in the country right now.

They finally did close the schools until the 30th and the park district rec center, which was packed this morning-it's closed after 5pm tonight.

Restaurants and bars will be next.

I think I heard Macy's was closing its stores, Kohl's has cut way back on their hours. Nike, Apple, Bath & Body Works are closed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

16. Thanks NightTrain, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Investigation complete...

Wuhan, China, 2019:

Attachment 12388

Okay... I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I'm also not one who believes too strongly in coincidences either.

Fact: 20 mile south of the market China claims was the source of this exciting new plague is a level 4 bio-lab.

From 24 January 2020:

Two years before the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus that has so far killed 25 people in China, scientists spoke of their fears about a new laboratory being built to study some of the world’s most dangerous viruses.
    I enjoyed the cartoon ... a 'Far Side' one, isn't it ? It's been years since I've seen any. Sorely missed !

Thanks !!
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

18. Thanks NightTrain, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I enjoyed the cartoon ... a 'Far Side' one, isn't it ? It's been years since I've seen any. Sorely missed !

Thanks !!

Yes it is...

Didn't you hear? He has a website now:

https://www.thefarside.com/

There's a letter from Larson explaining why now. The comics aren't new, but he does post sketches in "sketchbooks." Even old Larson is good Larson...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

20. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain, Kathianne, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The Clinton response....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Gary Larson is a genius.

The only other cartoonist that comes close is Bill Watterson of 'Calvin and Hobbes'.

23. Likes Kathianne, hjmick, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Gary Larson is a genius.

The only other cartoonist that comes close is Bill Watterson of 'Calvin and Hobbes'.
    I am a huge fan of the single panel format. It started when I was a kid and discovered Addams and Wilson. The ability to get your joke or point across in one drawing, that's something special. Real talent.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

25. Thanks NightTrain, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

If someone has already posted this, feel free to delete it...

A chilling scientific paper helped upend U.S. and U.K. coronavirus strategies

LONDON —Immediately after Boris Johnson completed his Monday evening news conference, which saw a somber prime minister encourage his fellow citizens to avoid "all nonessential contact with others," his aides hustled reporters into a second, off-camera briefing.

That session presented jaw-dropping numbers from some of Britain’s top modelers of infectious disease, who predicted the deadly course of coronavirus could quickly kill hundreds of thousands in both the United Kingdom and the United States, as surges of sick and dying patients overwhelmed hospitals and critical care units.

The new forecasts, by Neil Ferguson and his colleagues at the Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team, were quickly embraced by Johnson’s government to design new and more-extreme measures to suppress the spread of the virus.

The report is also influencing planning by the Trump administration. Deborah Birx, who serves as the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, cited the British analysis at a news conference Monday, saying her task force was especially focused on the report’s conclusion that an entire household should self-quarantine for 14 days if one of its members is stricken by the virus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...VNP?li=BBnb7Kz

27. Thanks Drummond thanked this post