Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I can outdo that piece of news ..

.... we have now heard that the Eurovision Song Contest has just been called off (it may be a French plot ...) !!

Fuckin' frogs...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

GOD damn evolution...

They conclude that the virus is the product of natural evolution, ending any speculation about deliberate genetic engineering.”

Coronavirus is not a bioweapon created in a lab, scientists say

I suppose that's a bit of good news...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Before Bailouts, Corporations Should Explain How They Will Move Jobs Back to America

I'm not a big fan of bailouts. Not unless it's critical to our country as a whole. And certainly not if they are on foreign soil, or a large portion. So I can go along with this, how you going to make this critical for US, how will you increase jobs in the US with any talk of a bailout?

--

Josh Hawley: Before Bailouts, Corporations Should Explain How They Will Move Jobs Back to America

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) said in a statement on Wednesday that multinational corporations should explain how they plan to move jobs back to America before asking for bailouts from the federal government.

“To any multinational corporations that come to Congress asking for taxpayer $$$, you better come prepared to explain how you will move supply chains and jobs back to America if you want my vote,” Hawley wrote on Wednesday.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ck-to-america/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Just ventured out against my better judgement, but I thought it best to stock up some more. Got another $215 worth of groceries, mostly canned and dry goods, some meat. I hope I can get it all in my freezer. It's a big bottom freezer with a lot of room. Might have to turn my ice maker off though and take the ice tray out.

There were some empty shelves at the store, mostly dairy, butter, eggs, gone, but the rest of the store looked fairly well stocked. There was even TOILET PAPER!!

Very happy once again that I live in a tiny little backwoods town, Muscoda, WI... I love this little burg... https://www.muscoda.com/
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-18-2020 at 03:39 PM.

8. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm not a big fan of bailouts. Not unless it's critical to our country as a whole. And certainly not if they are on foreign soil, or a large portion. So I can go along with this, how you going to make this critical for US, how will you increase jobs in the US with any talk of a bailout?

--

Josh Hawley: Before Bailouts, Corporations Should Explain How They Will Move Jobs Back to America

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) said in a statement on Wednesday that multinational corporations should explain how they plan to move jobs back to America before asking for bailouts from the federal government.

“To any multinational corporations that come to Congress asking for taxpayer $$$, you better come prepared to explain how you will move supply chains and jobs back to America if you want my vote,” Hawley wrote on Wednesday.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ck-to-america/
    DAMN STRAIGHT... THAT'S AWESOME... this really ought to be a HUGE wake up call.

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Texas man, 23, is ARRESTED for lying about testing positive for coronavirus...

What a complete dumbass. Why the F would you do this anyway? To purposely scare people? To gain some sort of sympathy? Well, he's gonna get isolated for a bit alright.

--

Texas man, 23, is ARRESTED for lying about testing positive for coronavirus in social media post which also falsely claimed the virus had gone airborne - sparking panic that jammed hospital phone lines

• Michael Lane Brandin, 23, was charged with a class A misdemeanor charge of false alarm or report Tuesday
    • He lied about testing positive at Tyler County Hospital in East Texas on Friday
    • Brandin also claimed falsely that the virus had gone airborne
    • It caused panic on phone lines for both the hospital and authorities
    • Police said: 'Brandin advised deputies his post was to make a point that you cannot believe everything you view online'
    • Tyler County District Attorney Lucas Babin believes the man did it for attention
    • Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor?

A Texas man has been arrested after he lied about having coronavirus in a social media post.

Michael Lane Brandin, 23, said in a Facebook post that he tested positive at Tyler County Hospital on Friday.

The post now appears to have been removed.

'In a comment on the post, Brandin advised that he was informed by medical professionals in Tyler County that the virus had become airborne,' police said in a statement.

It caused panic on phone lines for both the hospital and authorities.

Multiple people contacted the Tyler County Sheriff's Office about the claim someone in their county had been stricken with the contagious illness.

It was as the COVID-19 pandemic reached new heights last week and states started moves to close down public places as the number of infections and related deaths rapidly increased across the country.

Police got in touch with the man who lives in Woodville, East Texas on Tuesday.

Rest - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-03-...screening.html

Thousands of cruise ship passengers allowed to de-board in Miami without being screened, even though former passenger tested positive for coronavirus

(Natural News) Even though a former passenger tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19), a cruise ship full of thousands of passengers was reportedly allowed to disembark in Miami over the weekend without undergoing any type of medical screening for the novel virus.

This former passenger is said to have gotten off the MSC Meraviglia in Miami on March 8 after an eight-day Caribbean cruise, at that time leaving behind 103 passengers and the ship’s crew for the next voyage. Four days later, after the ship had traveled around with thousands of new passengers aboard, it was confirmed by the Public Health Agency of Canada that this passenger had, in fact, tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19).

After receiving the news, the company decided to isolate seven crew members who had been in close contact with this individual in separate cabins. But nothing was done with any of the potentially exposed passengers, and all of them ended up being released without any type of screening, let alone actual testing.
    Amazingly, it was federal health officials who gave MSC clearance to dock in Miami on Sunday and let all of the passengers leave. This stands in sharp contrast to what happened in California with the Grand Princess cruise ship after a passenger tested positive on that vessel, leading to both the California Department of Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) testing 46 people while isolating the rest of them offshore for three days.
    None of the 3,877 passengers who disembarked from the MSC Meraviglia, on the other hand, were tested at all. And many of them immediately went to Miami International Airport to fly back to their homes all across the country.

14. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-03-...screening.html

Thousands of cruise ship passengers allowed to de-board in Miami without being screened, even though former passenger tested positive for coronavirus

(Natural News) Even though a former passenger tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19), a cruise ship full of thousands of passengers was reportedly allowed to disembark in Miami over the weekend without undergoing any type of medical screening for the novel virus.

This former passenger is said to have gotten off the MSC Meraviglia in Miami on March 8 after an eight-day Caribbean cruise, at that time leaving behind 103 passengers and the ship’s crew for the next voyage. Four days later, after the ship had traveled around with thousands of new passengers aboard, it was confirmed by the Public Health Agency of Canada that this passenger had, in fact, tested positive for the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19).

After receiving the news, the company decided to isolate seven crew members who had been in close contact with this individual in separate cabins. But nothing was done with any of the potentially exposed passengers, and all of them ended up being released without any type of screening, let alone actual testing.
    Amazingly, it was federal health officials who gave MSC clearance to dock in Miami on Sunday and let all of the passengers leave. This stands in sharp contrast to what happened in California with the Grand Princess cruise ship after a passenger tested positive on that vessel, leading to both the California Department of Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) testing 46 people while isolating the rest of them offshore for three days.
    None of the 3,877 passengers who disembarked from the MSC Meraviglia, on the other hand, were tested at all. And many of them immediately went to Miami International Airport to fly back to their homes all across the country.
    Well, between that and the packed beaches of partiers in FL, doesn't sound like they're taking any of this seriously. Maybe they think the hot humid climate has made them immune.

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Not being Londoners (as I once was, before my move to Wales) .. you won't appreciate this quite as I do.

I'm posting one photo of a London Underground station called 'Bank'. It's called that because, at street level, its only a minute or two's walk from the Bank of England building, in central London .... and that also means it's within that part of London traditionally given over to high finance ... possibly a rough equivalent of New York's Wall Street ?

Anyway .. the point is that, especially at rush hour, City workers would typically pour into Bank station, creating crowds. Bank station has, in the past, actually been closed temporarily because of the crowds it attracts at its busiest times, with platform crowds being so dense that to allow more people on to them would be dangerous (& not least because the train carriages, when a train is in the station, create a gap between carriage and platform !). The automated 'Mind the Gap' tannoy announcement was made for that station !

[I've walked along the platform you see in the photo probably hundreds of times in the past.]

No such worries these days, though. The photo below shows an unprecedented scene during what WOULD be a busy day .....

lon-bank.jpg

Update is through ... UK deaths now increased to 137 (33 more than yesterday, I think).
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-19-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

18. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Not being Londoners (as I once was, before my move to Wales) .. you won't appreciate this quite as I do.

I'm posting one photo of a London Underground station called 'Bank'. It's called that because, at street level, its only a minute or two's walk from the Bank of England building, in central London .... and that also means it's within that part of London traditionally given over to high finance ... possibly a rough equivalent of New York's Wall Street ?

Anyway .. the point is that, especially at rush hour, City workers would typically pour into Bank station, creating crowds. Bank station has, in the past, actually been closed temporarily because of the crowds it attracts at its busiest times, with platform crowds being so dense that to allow more people on to them would be dangerous (& not least because the train carriages, when a train is in the station, create a gap between carriage and platform !). The automated 'Mind the Gap' tannoy announcement was made for that station !

[I've walked along the platform you see in the photo probably hundreds of times in the past.]

No such worries these days, though. The photo below shows an unprecedented scene during what WOULD be a busy day .....

lon-bank.jpg
    Not the subway, but the Bank area played a part in Mary Poppins! LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

lon-bank.jpg

Update is through ... UK deaths now increased to 137 (33 more than yesterday, I think).
    Italy's death number has now surpassed China's. Might be a shocker that China's population is a tad larger than Italy's.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

More fantastic news in New York today!

A hospital of all places is already rationing supplies in Colorado. Thanks, hoarders!

--

NY cases jump to 4,000 overnight

NEW YORK - New York has confirmed more than 4,000 coronavirus cases statewide, which Gov. Andrew Cuomo said was driven by a dramatic increase in testing. New York has cumulatively tested 22,000 people, including more than 7,500 in the past day.

“Why are you seeing the numbers go up?” Cuomo asked at a news conference Thursday morning. “Because you are taking more tests.”

The governor said 8,000 tests for the virus were performed in New York overnight and he expects the number of confirmed cases to go up exponentially.

COVID-19 causes mild symptoms in most people but can cause serious illness for some, including older adults and those with certain conditions such as respiratory illness.

Cuomo is requiring businesses in New York to decrease their in-office workforce by 75%, tightening a 50% restriction he announced Wednesday.

Rest - https://www.fox5ny.com/news/ny-cases...4000-overnight

No, We’re Not All Going to Have to Stay Home for 18 Months

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- Remember a week and a half ago when CNBC’s Rick Santelli said that “maybe we’d just be better off” if we just infected everybody with the coronavirus now? His reasoning:

Then in a month it would be over because the mortality rate of this probably isn’t going to be any different if we did it that way than the long-term picture, but the difference is we’re wreaking havoc on global and domestic economies.

Unlike his most famous rant, a February 2009 tirade against mortgage bailouts and in favor of a “Tea Party,” this one probably won’t help launch a political movement, given that Santelli apologized soon after and political sentiment here in the U.S. seemed to shift firmly in favor of a tougher virus-fighting effort in the days that followed.

But Santelli did raise a question that isn’t going away: how do we know we aren’t doing ourselves more harm with the measures we take to slow or halt Covid-19 than the disease would do to us on its own? As Stanford medicine and statistics professor John Ioannidis, a rather more serious commentator, put it in an essay for the science news site Stat this week, after acknowledging that the coronavirus could kill tens of millions worldwide if simply allowed to run its course:

With lockdowns of months, if not years, life largely stops, short-term and long-term consequences are entirely unknown, and billions, not just millions, of lives may be eventually at stake.

There are big problems with some of the claims made by Santelli and Ioannidis. Santelli is almost certainly wrong that “the mortality rate of this probably isn’t going to be any different” if a large share of the population contracts Covid-19 at the same time. It would likely be much higher because so many people with serious cases wouldn’t be able to get treatment, and the resulting death toll would probably drive a similar or even greater amount of economy-damaging self-quarantining and social distancing to what we’re seeing now, albeit it with a clearer and nearer end date.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/no-not-going-...143016960.html

Coronavirus In Colorado: ER Doctor Says Hospital Supplies Being Rationed, ‘We Are Not Prepared’

DENVER (CBS4) – Dr. Jane Jenab, a Denver-based emergency room physician, warned on Wednesday of area hospitals already rationing vital medical equipment for health care workers. Items like face masks, surgical gowns and gloves, she said, were already part of a “significant shortage” that threatened the health of doctors and nurses and would eventually impact hospital patients.

“We are anticipating a massive surge of patients over the next few weeks,” said Jenab. “And we are not prepared.”

She was speaking about what is known as Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE, for health care workers.

“We are being asked to ration what we have. We are being asked to use masks repeatedly over and over through the day which decreases their effectiveness.”

Jenab rotates through various hospitals and says when it comes to PPE gear, “We’re running through them quickly due to the risk of contagion at this time.”

A nurse at another major Colorado hospital told CBS4 she was being given a single mask for an entire day. She said she would typically use and discard 10 such masks prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. She asked her name not be used for fear or retaliation.

Jenab said a shortage of PPE equipment will impact hospital patients if doctors and nurses get sick and are not able to work.

“We as health care providers, if we get sick and are removed from the workforce due to exposure or actually being sick, what happens to the workforce? We’re anticipating an enormous surge of patients and not sure we will have the staff and supplies to take care of what’s coming.”

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/no-not-going-...143016960.html

'Everything is out of our control': San Francisco eases into lockdown

SAN FRANCISCO — Trish Tracey sat alone in her shuttered restaurant Tuesday in the Mission district, a bustling, historically Latino neighborhood that's become popular with tech workers.

A chef in the city for 30 years, she had laid off the last of her 17 employees at Myriad Gastropub and was in talks with her landlord about her lease. It could be weeks or months before she reopens, assuming things ever get back to normal.

"Everything is out of our control," she said.

San Francisco is two days into a lockdown that has no definite end. The city and its surrounding counties imposed shelter-in-place restrictions Tuesday just after midnight, forcing millions of people to stay home and stay put except for essential needs such as shopping for groceries, getting medications, caring for others and exercising.

San Francisco is two days into a lockdown that has no definite end. What happens next is anyone's guess.

Rest - https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...kdown-n1163376

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Man, seems like it went from the 100k stage to now 229k awfully quick. But this is worldwide we're speaking of. 10k in the USA. Where it all started in Wuhan has zero new cases for the first time. Then again, Chinese officials could have incinerated 4,000 people for all we know.

--

The latest on the pandemic

• The total number of coronavirus cases has risen to more than 229,000, with over 9,300 deaths attributed to the virus.

• In the United States, there are over 10,000 confirmed cases, with more than 150 deaths.

• Two members of Congress, Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.) and Ben McAdams (D-Utah), tested positive for the virus.

• Once the epicenter for the virus, China's Wuhan reported no new cases for the first time.

• Worried you're experiencing coronavirus symptoms? Here's what the CDC says to do.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-c...120246923.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Hell, they should have done this 20-30 years ago! As the "stolen car capital of the world", this place already turns into a nightmarish shithole once the sun sets.

--

Newark sets nightly curfew; 'non-essential' shops must close

NEWARK, N.J - People need to be off the streets of Newark, New Jersey, every night at 8 p.m. and non-essential businesses need to shut down completely until further notice, the mayor announced on Wednesday night.

Mayor Ras Baraka announced several measures as part of an effort to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus in the Garden State's largest city. They will be in effect through at least April 1, when the city will re-evaluate.

The mandatory 8 p.m. curfew means no one is allowed to be in public except in an emergency or commuting to and from work.

Also, the mayor ordered non-essential businesses, such as retail stores, nail salons, beauty salons, and barbershops, to close Wednesday night and not reopen until things change for the better.

Rest - https://www.fox5ny.com/news/newark-s...ops-must-close

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Forgive me if posted already!

This would be huge if they already found something this effective. And with the FDA being able to be bypassed, maybe some cures will be out sooner than later?

--

HUGE! Results from Breaking Chloroquine Study Show 100% Cure Rate for Patients Infected with the Coronavirus

On Monday Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, announced that the first trial vaccine for the coronavirus is now being tested. The trial taking place in Seattle, which has been a hotbed for COVID-19. The test includes 45 people age 18-55 and they are receiving two injections, one at zero days, one at 28 days. The individuals will then be followed for one year. The trial results is still months away.

On Monday night Laura Ingraham reported that a new study revealed the anti-viral medication chloroquine is successful in fighting the coronavirus.

Laura invited Dr. Gregory Rigano, the co-author of the study to discuss the latest findings.

Dr. Rigano said their study found that those COVID-19 patients who took hydroxy-chloroquine were found free of the disease in 6 days. The patients were testing negative for the coronavirus in six days!

Dr. Rigano also said taking choroquine could act as a preventative.

This is a remarkable study!

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...e-coronavirus/

25. Likes Kathianne liked this post