Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Interesting ! Thanks for finding that Mail article.

From it:

If Trump keeps his word (I'm sure he will) to make the drug available 'almost immediately', that suggests to me that unless stocks are plentiful, there'll be a run on demand. A recipe for creating shortfalls ?

I note a reference to the drug being available here 'over the counter'. I had no idea ! That may well deal with my concerns ... especially as LBC News is reporting that Boris has just issued a ban on exports of 'certain key drugs, e.g morphine' to the EU (an expansion on the ban mentioned in the article, presumably). Maybe all this will deal with the UK's concerns.

It might ramp up EU concerns about shortfalls, though. Who knows, maybe Trump may get criticism, not from us, but the EU ...

Still, none of this gives cast-iron assurances about supply. I suppose this all adds up to a 'wait & see, hope for the best' scenario in the making.
    It's not OTC in US.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I’m sorry, Jim. That is bound to be very stressful. I wish we could all hunker down at Rick’s cabin.
    I don't know who or where they are. I do know that as a result they closed all of our schools, libraries and more. And did they pass it along before quarantine? Did they pass it along to anyone that is still walking the streets now? So many unknowns with this.

We have a population in my city/village of about 6,000 people. The city is all of about 1.1 square miles. So you can see my concern!

There is a stop and shop, only supermarket in our town. We have one CVS and one Walgreens. We have minimal of everything here. I'm thinking that it 'could' spread easily here, but again the unknowns.

I don't go out much at all luckily, so I have that. But still.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I don't know who or where they are. I do know that as a result they closed all of our schools, libraries and more. And did they pass it along before quarantine? Did they pass it along to anyone that is still walking the streets now? So many unknowns with this.

We have a population in my city/village of about 6,000 people. The city is all of about 1.1 square miles. So you can see my concern!

There is a stop and shop, only supermarket in our town. We have one CVS and one Walgreens. We have minimal of everything here. I'm thinking that it 'could' spread easily here, but again the unknowns.

You are able to keep good social distancing. You have your wipes, use them often. Eat. rest. You should be good.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You are able to keep good social distancing. You have your wipes, use them often. Eat. rest. You should be good.
    I have a large and a small Purell in my truck, and an 80 pack of wipes. Can replenish both many times if needed. So I take precautions when out and clean the truck things I touch too. Then when back home, rush up to the bathroom and clean up the best I can.

Outside of that, I can only do what I can do. Hopefully others will take similar precautions.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Some more updates.

Looks like the UK is hitting this thing hard now, and wants to shutdown enough to prevent another China or Italy. That's some tough stuff thus far, but I think it shows the importance of slowing down this virus via shutdowns. Then add in so many around the world ignoring things to an extent, and some idiots outright defying things. Hopefully a lot of this tough stuff won't have to be enforced around the world, and the shutdowns will work and also deter people.

--

FIGHTING BACK Brits suspected of having coronavirus could be held for up to six weeks under new emergency laws

PEOPLE suspected of being infected with Covid-19 could be held for up to six weeks under new powers being proposed by the Government.

Patients would be initially detained for 14 days, but that can be extended if doctors still have concerns.

Boris Johnson will try and push through the emergency legislation in the next few days to give him the powers to do whatever it takes to tackle the spread of the deadly bug.

NHS staff and police will have the power to detain people for up to 24 hours and force them to be tested for Covid-19.

The sweeping laws give them to power to order them not to attend work or to stay in isolation, or ban them from travelling.

And they will face a £1000 fine if they don't comply.

The 329-page bill will allow for more phone and video hearings in court so the justice system can keep going.

Officials will be able to suspend all plane and ship arrivals at airports or ports or there aren’t enough staff to maintain border security.

Morgues could be expanded and inquests stripped back in order to try and deal with extra deaths.

It also enacts pension changes so retired doctors and nurses can come back into the NHS easily without their retirement cash suffering.

The emergency powers will be able to be "switched on" and "switched off" if and when needed - for up to two years.

Rest - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112088...laws-revealed/

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

We take so much for granted. We are angry at folks hoarding products. Toilet paper disappearing. Things being rationed in some places. Hellish long lines in other places.

And then there are places with no damn running water and/or not even a bar of soap. I would imagine if things get bad in such places that it would be death sentences.

--

No soap, no water: billions lack basic protection against virus

As nations around the world fight the coronavirus pandemic with mass lockdowns and travel bans, UN experts warn that some three billion people lack even the most basic weapons to protect themselves: soap and running water.

The outbreak has infected some 200,000 people and killed 9,000, scorching through populations across the globe after emerging in China late last year.

While Europe has become the centre of the battle against the virus, closing borders and sequestering millions of people in their homes, concerns are rising for developing nations with fragile healthcare systems.

Countries across Africa and Asia have heavily restricted travel, imposed quarantines and closed schools, with fears for impoverished communities as infections begin to grow.

But one of the most fundamental practices individuals can adopt to shield themselves from COVID-19 -- thorough hand washing -- remains inaccessible for many millions.

Using household survey data, the United Nations Children's Fund estimates 40 percent of the world's population, or three billion people, do not have the means to wash their hands at home.

Sam Godfrey, UNICEF chief of water and sanitation in east and southern Africa, said communities lack easily accessible running water, are unable to buy soap or do not realise its vital role in preventing illness.

"Even for the frontline workers, the health workers, there remains a challenge also in terms of understanding of the importance of hand washing," he told AFP.

With the first infections in the region often coming from those who have travelled internationally, Godfrey described the outbreak as "almost like a rich man's disease for Africa, which, of course, will end up with the poor man suffering the most".

Rest - http://www.rfi.fr/en/wires/20200319-...-against-virus

12. Likes SassyLady, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

--

Coronavirus: News and live updates

The latest on the pandemic

The number of coronavirus deaths around the world has surpassed 10,000, with more than 240,000 people infected with the disease.

• In the United States, there are over 13,000 confirmed cases, with more than 176 deaths.

• California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced a statewide order for people to stay at home.

Two Los Angeles Lakers and three Philadelphia 76ers have tested positive for the coronavirus, adding to a growing list of infected players in the NBA.

President Trump said he is using the Defense Production Act to increase the U.S. supply of masks.

• Several U.S. senators briefed on the virus, including Intel Committee Chairman Richard Burr, sold millions of dollars worth of stock before the market took a deep dive.

• Italy's death toll has surpassed that of China's in a grim milestone of the coronavirus pandemic

--

U.K. shuts down bars, clubs and restaurants

U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Friday that he is telling all bars, restaurants and clubs to close tonight in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

At a press briefing, officials said the U.K. government will up to 80 percent workers' wages (up to £2,500 a month) in order to keep them afloat during the pandemic.

--

Trump invokes Defense act to produce ventilators

At the White House coronavirus briefing, President Trump announced that the administration is putting the Defense Production Act into effect to get ventilators and medical equipment to those who need it.

"We need certain equipment that the states are unable to get for themselves," Trump said.

The announcement comes a day after Trump expressed hesitation over the federal government to get involved.

"We're not order clerks," Trump said from the same podium Thursday.

--

U.S. restricts 'non-essential' travel at its borders

At a press briefing at the White House on Friday morning, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced that the United States and Mexico have agreed to restrict all non-essential travel across southern border in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Earlier this week, the United States and Canada announced a similar deal restricting travel at the northern border.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said that, under Section 362 of Public Health Service Act, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is suspending the entry of migrants into the United States.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-c...120246923.html

14. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

--

TOTAL BS: Liberal Reporter at White House Press Briefing Suggests 11 Million Americans will Die from Coronavirus

A liberal reporter at Friday’s White House coronavirus press conference attacked GOP Senator Ron Johnson for telling a reporter to keep the coronavirus in perspective.

The liberal media and World Health Organization has created an international panic after mistakenly announcing the coronavirus has a 3.4% mortality rate.

As of Friday morning 3-20-2020:

** There are 16,067 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the US.
    ** There are 219 deaths blamed on the coronavirus.
    ** The current mortality rate from confirmed cases is 1.3%
    ** There are no official numbers that include the number of citizens who had the virus but were not sick enough to seek medical attention.
    ** There are an estimated 22,000 flu deaths and 36 million cases in the US each year.

Senator Johnson told Craig Gilbert from the Journal Sentinel that we must keep the coronavirus in perspective.

In other words, you don’t collapse an economy over 218 deaths in a population of 327 million.

Today during his question this liberal reporter claimed the US will see 11 million people die.

Again, we currently have a total of 218 deaths.

This is the type of BS the liberal media keeps hurling at the American people.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...navirus-video/

16. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Some more updates.

Looks like the UK is hitting this thing hard now, and wants to shutdown enough to prevent another China or Italy. That's some tough stuff thus far, but I think it shows the importance of slowing down this virus via shutdowns. Then add in so many around the world ignoring things to an extent, and some idiots outright defying things. Hopefully a lot of this tough stuff won't have to be enforced around the world, and the shutdowns will work and also deter people.

--

FIGHTING BACK Brits suspected of having coronavirus could be held for up to six weeks under new emergency laws

PEOPLE suspected of being infected with Covid-19 could be held for up to six weeks under new powers being proposed by the Government.

Patients would be initially detained for 14 days, but that can be extended if doctors still have concerns.

Boris Johnson will try and push through the emergency legislation in the next few days to give him the powers to do whatever it takes to tackle the spread of the deadly bug.

NHS staff and police will have the power to detain people for up to 24 hours and force them to be tested for Covid-19.

The sweeping laws give them to power to order them not to attend work or to stay in isolation, or ban them from travelling.

And they will face a £1000 fine if they don't comply.

The 329-page bill will allow for more phone and video hearings in court so the justice system can keep going.

Officials will be able to suspend all plane and ship arrivals at airports or ports or there aren’t enough staff to maintain border security.

Morgues could be expanded and inquests stripped back in order to try and deal with extra deaths.

It also enacts pension changes so retired doctors and nurses can come back into the NHS easily without their retirement cash suffering.

The emergency powers will be able to be "switched on" and "switched off" if and when needed - for up to two years.

Rest - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11208831/coronavirus-emergency-laws-revealed
    .. Yes.

One feature I 'like' about all this (if 'like' is an appropriate word for any of this !) is that there's an inbuilt legislative safeguard built in. The laws created to meet this emergency have a shelf-life inbuilt into them, of a max two years. Obviously Boris had a concern about long-term abuse of power.

The cash giveaway .. for businesses, people needing to get an income, people worried about losing their homes .. is unprecedented. We've never seen anything remotely like it.

Food availability is becoming more acute. You take a chance on a supermarket having provisions, now, day-by-day ... so, Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons and others are rationing goods. No more than 2 of any one item in Tesco ... no more than 3 in Morrisons. Online ordering is becomingly increasingly difficult, with delivery time-slots filling to the point that nothing's available online during the days on offer as a range.

Announced a short time ago ...closure of pubs, restaurants, facilities catering for social gatherings ... as of close-of-play, tonight. Some shops are converting (those able to) to 'delivery only', and closing their doors. Today was the last day of schools being open for the foreseeable future. Exams were due in the summer, now cancelled .. teachers directed to 'predict' how pupils would've performed in them, and award grades accordingly.

Where supermarkets are concerned, some are offering 'elderly access only' for the first hour they're open ... meaning that the elderly (those most at risk, those least able to cope with the 'scrum' of ordinary shopping) get 'first dibs' on the newly-stocked shelves, before anyone else gets a look-in. [That assumes, of course, that self-isolation doesn't apply to them, as appropriate.]

Public transport is reducing. We're beginning to run fewer trains and buses, as demand for them has dropped off. The London Underground is beginning to close stations, especially the lesser-used, more remote ones at the ends of the system.

We have a general feeling here of 'life falling apart', as though society was slowly dying a death. These are grim times !

Latest warning ... it may take a year or more before social life returns to full normality here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/112169...r-coronavirus/

From the link ... take a look at the map, showing Covid-19 numbers and locations. London is our UK's epicentre for them all (... & to think that if I hadn't cancelled, I'd have travelled there today, for a 3-day stay !). One London hospital has declared an alert, saying it has more Covid-19 cases than it has the ability to accommodate ... it's asked for help from other nearby hospitals).
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-20-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

18. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It's not OTC in US.
    Point well taken !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

--

CDC: US coronavirus data shows confirmed cases growing by 500 per day

Cases increasing by 500 per day, CDC report indicates

A new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicates the rate of coronavirus cases is growing by 500 almost daily and those under 50 years old should still be concerned about becoming seriously ill from the coronavirus, despite a majority of deaths in China being patients older than 65 years old.

The report looked at data from cases reported to the CDC in 49 states, the District of Columbia and three U.S. territories from Feb. 12 through March 16.

According to the report, COVID-19 cases in the U.S. indicate that fatality was still highest in persons older than 85, followed by ages 65–84, 55-64 and lastly, those between 20–54 years old. There have not been any reported fatalities among people 19 or younger in the U.S.

A breakdown of all known cases and deaths by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention showed 14.8% of patients 80 years and older who were infected died as a result. The mortality rate for younger patients in China was much lower.

However, the numbers show the rate of U.S. coronavirus cases requiring hospitalization was more widespread, regardless of age.

Rest - https://www.clickorlando.com/news/20...y-500-per-day/

Coronavirus: Deaths rising faster in UK than Italy

The death toll in Italy from Covid-19 has now exceeded total deaths in China - the source of the outbreak. Could the UK be on the same path?

As hospitals across Italy continue to battle to save their influx of coronavirus patients, the number of deaths in the country has now surpassed that in China.

In less than a month the number who have died of Covid-19 in Italy has passed 4,000, as those who were infected in the early stages of the outbreak begin to succumb to the disease.

Meanwhile the number of deaths in the UK continue to rise. It has now been two weeks since the first confirmed death from coronavirus in the UK - and since then the number who have died has been rising at a faster rate than in Italy.

It highlights the urgency needed to arrest the spread of the disease before the NHS becomes overwhelmed and is unable to cope.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ster-uk-italy/

21. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Where I am ... one large Tesco, one smaller one. Two Iceland stores, and one small Sainsbury in the centre of town. A Morrisons at the edge of town (the opposite side of it to where I am).

Without needing to travel, I've limited shopping resources. Two grocery stores, two Indian takeaways, one Chinese takeaway. Also a pub (about to close !) a few minutes' walk away. One fish & chip shop ! The supermarkets require public transport or a car to get to, unless 30 mins to an hour's stroll is on the cards ?

Jim, I know Walgreens ... there used to be one I visited during my New York visits, years ago ... at the Port Authority terminal, off of 8th Street, in Manhattan ? I wonder if it's still there ? Quite a decent little shop .... Duane Reade shops were pretty good, too ...
    Last edited by Drummond; 03-20-2020 at 01:58 PM.

23. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

U.S. State Dept. issues “Level 4” health advisory urging all Americans to avoid international travel: Is a global coronavirus LOCKDOWN coming?

Americans already hyper-concerned about the worsening global Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic became even more so Thursday after the U.S. State Department issued an unprecedented “Global Level 4 Health Advisory — Do Not Travel” warning.

The department’s warning urges every American to cancel international travel, while requesting that citizens currently traveling abroad return immediately.

It sure sounds like the world is about to get locked down, for the most part, thanks to the Chinese, who have unleashed a viral hell on earth.

“Travel Advisory: Level 4 – The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of #COVID19. In countries where commercial departure options remain available, U.S. citizens who live in the US should arrange for immediate return,” the State Dept. announced via Twitter.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-03-...-lockdown.html
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-21-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I am so glad I am not in Italy, things could be worse. I'm also glad I'm a few decades below the death mark of 70+ years old.

If I'm gonna get it, I would rather it be now though. This way if I get it bad, I have a chance of a hospital here in NY having a respirator. We have like 400 major hospitals at least. But once things get much much worse, they will not be available.

Looks like some go through and recover, and to them it's like having the flu to an extent. But others develop pneumonia issues and need that respirator to breath!

--

Coronavirus in Italy: The elderly are being left to die alone during crisis

The death toll from hard-hit northern Italy has become so dramatic that Italian officials have called in more soldiers to enforce the lockdown. But even they can’t do anything to help the increasing numbers of elderly victims dying alone — and medical staff who are getting sick themselves.

In Italy, more than 4,000 people, the majority of them over 70, have died. Chinese medical experts aiding Italian doctors say the restrictions imposed by the government haven’t been enough to stem the rising tide of deaths.

Nurses said the situation in the Lombardy area is so dire that the dead are no longer even being counted. “We’re working in a state of very high stress and tension,” Daniela Confalonieri, a nurse in Milan told Reuters. “We can’t contain the situation, there’s a high level of contagion. It’s unimaginable.”

“We are at the end of our strength. The staff are beginning to get sick,” Romano Paolucci, a doctor in the Lombardy city of Cremona, told Reuters.

Paolucci said the saddest thing about the coronavirus crisis is that many elderly victims cannot be visited by their relatives “and often die on their own.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/corona...during-crisis/

26. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Some more updates I've been reading this morning. I figured save others the time and share them from all over as I read them.

Appears 20% of the nation is shutdown now.

--

Coronavirus – Illinois joins New York and California to give ‘stay at home order’ affecting 20% of citizens

ILLINOIS joined New York and California in lockdowns to curb coronavirus spread, as the Governor announced a "shelter in place" order on Friday.

The order, limiting all residents to stay in their homes unless absolutely essential, goes into effect at 5pm on Saturday and will last until April 7, Governor J.B. Pritzker said.

As COVID-19 cases continue to climb, Illinois is the latest U.S. state to take strict steps to help tackle the deadly virus.

Between New York, California and Illinois, more than 70 million residents are now being ordered to stay home amid the pandemic.

This accounts for more than 20 percent of the U.S. that is now under lockdown.

Rest - https://www.the-sun.com/news/568703/...oronavirus-us/

And now Trump talking of a national shutdown:

Trump eyes two-week quarantine, only drug and grocery stores open

President Trump, moving with haste to slow the spread of the coronavirus, is preparing a plan to mobilize the National Guard to help enforce a two-week quarantine of the public if his tough-love efforts so far fail.

The unprecedented action would require everyone to “stay at home,” according to a source knowledgeable of the evolving plan.

The effort, which is still being mulled and wouldn’t be announced until early next week if needed, would urge that all businesses, except grocery stores and pharmacies, be closed.

It comes on the heels of other insider reports that the president is considering grounding all U.S. passenger flights to force a halt in people interacting and moving around the country.

Senior officials have said that dozens of radical ideas are being considered and that the president and his virus task force are moving quickly to protect the nation.

Trump has praised the public for following the rules he has put in place, but the new plans are an acknowledgment that many people are not taking the warnings seriously.

In some areas, the National Guard has already been called out to enforce “stay in place” orders, a model of what Trump is considering.

In Washington, D.C., the Guard has been activated. The city on Friday extended school closings until the end of April.

Wisconsin has also activated the Guard, and it is in use in Florida, New Jersey, and Arizona.

Rest - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...ry-stores-open

Stupid people. Only thinking of their own happiness, or not thinking about others.

Lakewood Police Arrest Homeowner For Hosting Pop-up Wedding With More Than 50 People

LAKEWOOD, N.J. (CBS) — Police in Ocean County have arrested a homeowner for hosting a pop-up wedding with more than 50 people in attendance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Earlier in the week, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy banned gatherings of 50 or more people in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Lakewood police have charged 49-year-old Eliyohu Zaks with maintaining a nuisance for hosting the wedding at a home on Spruce Street.

“The Lakewood Police is asking that its citizens be responsible and obey the directives set forth by the State of New Jersey for the safety and health of all. Those that choose not to will be subject to criminal prosecution,” police said in a statement.

Rest - https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...han-50-people/

Coronavirus ‘exit strategy’ could be months — or years — away

Learn to love your lockdown, experts say — because it may not end anytime soon.

The coronavirus threat will continue to loom for months or even years before mass vaccinations or natural immunities will eliminate its dangers, according to the BBC.

“We do have a big problem in what the exit strategy is and how we get out of this,” said epidemiologist Mark Woolhouse of the University of Edinburgh. “No country has an exit strategy.”

President Trump has refused to say how long policies of social distancing will have to last.

Rest - https://nypost.com/2020/03/21/corona...or-years-away/