Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Want to talk about fake news? Lies being spread by our MSM in favor of China, out of hatred of Trump? Here you go, what they'll work with:
    Here's more on China' culpability and its' global sycophants participation and support. I found a clip that didn't jump, story starts just before the 3:00 min mark:

Last edited by FakeNewsSux; 03-31-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The worldwide march of "science" over hate:

3. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    I've heard of ONE chain of supermarket (not sure, but it might be Morrisons) who've put up shields. More generally, supermarkets on relying on strictly governing how many people can be in the store at any one time, and this leads to queues outside them ... with 2-metre distances (6 feet, in non-EU money !!) insisted upon between customers queuing.

They're also strongly encouraged to pay for goods by card, not cash, to help stop the contact that handling money would require.

[Must check to see what Asda are doing: they're the British chain owned by Walmart !]
    Fry's in Tucson have shields up and won't use customer personal reuseable bags. I could use them if i wanted to pack my own.

If I come down with virus it will be from grocery shopping.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

5. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Fry's in Tucson have shields up and won't use customer personal reuseable bags. I could use them if i wanted to pack my own.

If I come down with virus it will be from grocery shopping.
    Shopping in today's UK has its good and bad points (within the context of virus-contaminated territory !).

Go to a supermarket, they'll have checks and balances in place and will rigidly apply them. Of course ... travel to those supermarkets involves increased travel, therefore, an increased chance you'll be stopped by police to ask you the purpose of your travel (and our police generally do NOT observe the 2-metre distance obligation, person-to-person).

Go round to the corner shops to avoid interception by police ... generally, in those shops, no screens are in place. No more than 2 customers allowed in-store at a time, but also, no distancing rules are applied, either. Outside them, on the street ... same story. My last two trips to the corner shops have each involved encounters with people not at all interested in observing distancing-rules .. one was a tramp (you call them 'bums' ?) who approached me for money. The other was somebody queuing up behind me about one foot away (I suspect him of being a Leftie) !

I'm doomed, I tell you ... doomed !!!
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

7. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, just took garbage to the dump, then headed over to the grocery store to get cat litter and check things out, and you'd really never know anything was going on around here. Life seems to be going about as normal, and our little grocery is fully stocked.

I don't know if people around here feel pretty insulated from the virus or what, but the fact of the matter is, we are. Other than locals, people really have no reason to come around here right now, so if we don't have anyone infected here, we won't have so long as other people stay out, or the someone from around here is stupid enough to travel to where the virus is more prevalent and carry it back. I wouldn't say that can't happen.

9. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

In London, Sadiq Khan, London's Mayor, has resisted all suggestions that London's transport facilities be returned to normal levels of services (especially on the Tube). Bus and Tube services are reduced to the point that crowding on those services that exist is nearly inevitable.

So, to today, Khan claims to be 'heartbroken' that five bus drivers have died from their infections.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...n=true#image=1

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has said he is “absolutely devastated” after five London bus workers died after testing positive for Covid-19.

Mr Khan tweeted on Sunday that “lives depended” on people following Government rules to stay at home unless travel was essential.

It comes as people were pictured flouting lockdown rules with London, with a major London park forced to close after thousands ignored Government advice.

Mr Khan said: “I have been clear that our incredible public transport staff – on the buses, tubes, trams and trains – are critical workers, making a heroic effort to allow our NHS staff to save more lives.

“But we need to play our part too and that means fewer Londoners using the public transport network.

“Please follow the rules. Stay at home and do not use public transport unless it is absolutely unavoidable.”
    Khan has been immovable on his stance. He says that any instances of infection come about because people insist on travelling. He accepts no responsibility, no blame, for creating crowds through reducing availability of services.

Perhaps those five bus drivers would still be alive, had concentrations of people they'd have dealt with, been far less ??

bus deaths.jpg
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-05-2020 at 11:06 AM.

11. Thanks LongTermGuy, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Really sad that those bus drivers felt they had to keep working and expose themselves to the virus. Have the other drivers walked out in protest yet?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

13. Thanks Kathianne, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Really sad that those bus drivers felt they had to keep working and expose themselves to the virus. Have the other drivers walked out in protest yet?
    I've heard nothing about any walkout. But I'm guessing that there's no prospect of it.

For one thing, people who walk out of doing their jobs will want to know that it'll achieve something. With so few people travelling, the thinking will probably be that it won't.

There's the consideration of what a walkout would achieve for the specific individuals who do. What if their numbers are few enough that they can see their employment terminated without this making any great impact on services, once they're fully restored ? No job ... a far less certain jobs market in the future than before the infection started ... they may not want to risk it.

Last but by no means least, they'd want their Union to back them. But their Union will be a Left wing one (the vast majority are), and it'd be acting against a Left wing Mayor. The chance that the Union would choose to fight a notable LEFT winger, as Khan is, must be miniscule.

How would a vote be taken to call drivers out on strike ? If attempted, how long would it take ? They couldn't call a mass meeting to debate it ! By post ... well, some postal services are undermanned ....

15. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

17. Likes Drummond, NightTrain, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Not completely sure that 'liking' your post was entirely appropriate ! Still, you know what I mean .....

19. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Not completely sure that 'liking' your post was entirely appropriate ! Still, you know what I mean .....
    But your comment was worth liking, actually laughing.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

21. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    But your comment was worth liking, actually laughing.
    Yes. Well ... I felt a little bit of a berk at the time ...

23. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

This virus seems to be quite adaptable, now moving from humans to animals-at least mammals. Brooklyn Tiger tests positive of virus-got it from asymptomatic trainer:

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...ckq-story.html

Bronx Zoo tiger is first U.S. animal to test positive for coronavirus
    By MOLLY CRANE-NEWMAN
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
    APR 05, 2020

A tiger at the Bronx Zoo is the first animal to test positive for coronavirus in the U.S., officials said Sunday.

Nadia, a 4-year-old female Malayan tiger, was tested “out of an abundance of caution” after coming into contact with an infected staffer who was asymptomatic, according to officials at the zoo.

"This is the first time we know of, or from any of the people we’ve been in contact with, that an animal has gotten sick with COVID,” Paul Calle, chief veterinarian at the Bronx Zoo, told the Daily News.

When Nadia began exhibiting symptoms of respiratory difficulties and other issues, vets at the zoo ran a number of tests before considering coronavirus.

The tiger’s sister, Azul, two Amur tigers, and three African lions have also shown symptoms of the virus but have not been tested, Calle said.

Calle said vets at Bronx Zoo will share all the information they have about the remarkable test result with the global veterinarian community.

“Because this is so new, we definitely will be sharing this information with our professional colleagues so that everyone can benefit from this,” he said. “Everyone caring for lions and cats in other zoos needs to know this information.”

“It surprised us all because in this global pandemic (and the SARS pandemic in 2002) animals didn’t get sick," Calle added. “They might have been occasional ones but animals have not played a role in either of these pandemics.”

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

25. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

In London, Sadiq Khan, London's Mayor, has resisted all suggestions that London's transport facilities be returned to normal levels of services (especially on the Tube). Bus and Tube services are reduced to the point that crowding on those services that exist is nearly inevitable.

So, to today, Khan claims to be 'heartbroken' that five bus drivers have died from their infections.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...n=true#image=1

Khan has been immovable on his stance. He says that any instances of infection come about because people insist on travelling. He accepts no responsibility, no blame, for creating crowds through reducing availability of services.

Perhaps those five bus drivers would still be alive, had concentrations of people they'd have dealt with, been far less ??
    What a convenient way for a POS muslim to kill off a bunch of native Londoners without even firing a shot, or wielding a knife.

27. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    What a convenient way for a POS muslim to kill off a bunch of native Londoners without even firing a shot, or wielding a knife.
    While the mayor of London may well be playing games, it all pales in the light of what the Chinese have done.

29. Thanks Drummond thanked this post